• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I really don't give a shit. If I want the gun bad enough I'll sign one but I will give no personal information aside from my signature. No address, No DL #.

fullmetal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Houston
    IMG_1362.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    smith and wesson 66-2! o ya does anyone know the website or where I can get the information to when the gun is made?

Try these guys Smith & Wesson Forum, you will have to join but their members have all the books you will probably need to be referenced to answer your question.

My best guess is between 1982 and 1986.

(82 was when the -2 came out, and 86 was when it got replaced by the -3)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    66-2 was made between 1982 and 1986. On the above forum someone can lookup the serial to find a more precise date. Very nice gun.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have done business with people and haggled guns for over 50 years. I won't buy from or sell to anyone that I get a bad feeling about or anyone who suggests that we skirt the law or do anything illegal.

On this site, if a member has many posts, has been around for a while and good feedback scores, I don't worry about them. I prefer seeing a CHL as they don't give those to thugs. I ask to see an ID, make mental note of the full name and write it down for reference when I get home.

I notice that you have 11 posts at TGT. I would not have done business with you.

Flash

arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    all my buys or sells I always deal with a bill of sale the way I see it if the buyer/seller does not want to use a bill of sale i find that something is wrong it literally takes 5 min I place my CHL # and i ask for the buyer/seller for his ID I always tell them i use a bill of sale not just to cover my ass but his to a lot of it is gut feeling if somebody is to pushy on a trade or sale or is selling way under value or just his attitude i dont like i wont sell to him even if he has the best offer.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    all my buys or sells I always deal with a bill of sale the way I see it if the buyer/seller does not want to use a bill of sale i find that something is wrong it literally takes 5 min I place my CHL # and i ask for the buyer/seller for his ID I always tell them i use a bill of sale not just to cover my ass but his to a lot of it is gut feeling if somebody is to pushy on a trade or sale or is selling way under value or just his attitude i dont like i wont sell to him even if he has the best offer.

Just so you know, a refusal to sign a BOS doesn't necessarily make someone suspicious. A felon can just as easily lie to you and sign anyways. However, if a piece of paper with a signature, that isn't notarized at that, makes you "feel" better then continue on.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Just so you know, a refusal to sign a BOS doesn't necessarily make someone suspicious. A felon can just as easily lie to you and sign anyways. However, if a piece of paper with a signature, that isn't notarized at that, makes you "feel" better then continue on.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

very true and I understand this, but hypothetically speaking the gun was reported stolen I sure would like a piece of paper showing i bought from some one else and yes maybe they did lie on the BOS its up to a court or jury of your peers. I have the right to refuse service to anybody its my choice if I want to sell or not I get a bad vibe I will not sale I have even walked away from a deal because the guy didn't look 21 and did not bring ID. The other way i look at is I would not want to sell a gun and the buyer comes back and says its broken when maybe he was the one to do it there are alot of shady ppl in the world the BOS states the gun "AS IS" so when you sign and fill out a BOS its like a contract thats just my opinion

A contract means a promise, or sets of promises, the performance of which the law recognizes to be a duty and for the breach of which the law confers a remedy. A contract may be either written or oral, unless the contract is required to be written by law. An oral agreement is just as binding and effectual as an agreement in writing.

In Texas, the elements that are generally required to create an enforceable contract:

(1) An offer;
    (2) Acceptance in strict compliance with terms of the offer;
    (3) A meeting of the minds with respect to both the subject matter of the agreement and all of its essential terms;
    (4) A communication that each party has consented to the terms of the agreement;
    (5) For a written contract, execution and delivery of the contract with an intent that it become mutual and binding on both parties; and
    (6) Consideration.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

With all due respect, you insist on a bill of sale not because it covers your ass but because of your ignorance. Educate yourself and you will no longer see any reason to use one. In fact, you would understand that while a BOS can never help you there are cases where it could harm you or your buyer. Many discussions on this forum if you are interested in learning.

arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    With all due respect, you insist on a bill of sale not because it covers your ass but because of your ignorance. Educate yourself and you will no longer see any reason to use one. In fact, you would understand that while a BOS can never help you there are cases where it could harm you or your buyer. Many discussions on this forum if you are interested in learning.

Like I said thats my opinion and I do not consider my self ignorant to the law or without knowledge but i will look at the other forum posts and you could back your comments up with examples like I did... With all do respect

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Like I said thats my opinion and I do not consider my self ignorant to the law or without knowledge but i will look at the other forum posts and you could back your comments up with examples like I did... With all do respect

To each their own....but talk with an attorney as to what constitutes a BOS that will stand up in a court of law.

arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    I am a new member to this forum I usually just read all the post but wanted to start replying
    I am not a novice member to the gun community have been buying and selling since I was 21
    I am not trying to offend any one just offering my opinion and i am not trying to change yours

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I am a new member to this forum I usually just read all the post but wanted to start replying
    I am not a novice member to the gun community have been buying and selling since I was 21
    I am not trying to offend any one just offering my opinion and i am not trying to change yours

Maybe not as diplomatically as we should, but we *are* trying to change yours.

Bills of sale are feel good items, they won't do anything for you legally.

Private transactions are not regulated and all sales are final. Caveat Emptor.

Sent from me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

...and how old are you now? I've owned guns since the age of 12, having been raised before all the BS with the nanny-state gun laws being enacted, and I frankly find anyone willing to gratuitously surrender their personal rights/liberties to be scary.

When you offer an opinion, expect others to offer theirs - and those that disagree with yours to do so freely. It DOES make me want to cry when I see folks wanting to somehow enforce something for which there is no such requirement, need or value.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tray81
    Top Bottom