Capitol Armory ad

Biden drone strikes aid worker and 7 children.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Why? If @amberloo wants to engage in adult discussions, she doesn't need you to defend her. I have made no personal attacks, or lobbed any insults at her.

If you feel my posts are out of line, then avail yourself of using the report button.

Actually you did by your question presuming she voted for Biden. I didn’t vote for Biden and would also assume he was given bad intel. I presume Trump was also given bad intel at times. Be careful about double standards.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Actually you did by your question presuming she voted for Biden. I didn’t vote for Biden and would also assume he was given bad intel. I presume Trump was also given bad intel at times. Be careful about double standards.
    For example, along the lines of Operation Infinite Reach? Let me see, on August 20, 1998, they hit a pharmaceutical company in the Sudan (knocked approximately 1/2 the of the country's pharmaceutical production) because the information they were producing chemical agents. In Afghanistan, supposedly to get Bin Laden, there were strikes on training camps. The strikes caused the Taliban, who were supposed to give up Bin Laden, to actually strengthen ties with Bin Laden. This was before 9/11 by the way.

What started just before these strikes were initiated? August 7th, there were attacks on our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. The strikes were three days after Clinton testified - August 17th - about his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

While some compare these bombing attacks with President Reagan's bombing Libya in '86 in retaliation for them bombing a discotheque in West Berlin. I think part of the delay (about ten days) was the fact that France denied clearance through their airspace for the operation. Subsequently, the F-111s had to fly around France before hitting Libya. I am not certain as the results of the Infinite Reach were inconclusive as opposed to the operation as Libya. One side effect of the Libyan op, were a series of bombings in France for about a week afterwards despite the public (and the bombers) knowing the U.S. aircraft did not overfly France.

Footnote: A buddy of mine was wounded in the discotheque attack. He said he was too drunk to remember a thing from that night so he calls the award his "cheap" heart!

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    No, you are make an assumption to presume anything of the question I asked her. I asked the question based off two things. One I have asked her several times before if she voted for Biden, in which she either ignored the question or changed the subject. Second is based from her previous posts on similar subjects, of either condemning or criticizing Trump's actions or behavior, or making excuses or apologies for Biden's. Makes me rather curious about where her ideology leans.

Last I remember, as long as I follow the rules of the forum here, I can freely express an opposing viewpoint or point out where I think someone is incorrect. If @amberloo or you can't handle that, then either of you may avail yourself of reporting my posts to the Mods or Admins, and I highly suggest that you do. You may also use the "Ignore" feature as well. That is entirely up to either of you to use as well.

I'm not applying any double-standards. Nothing Biden has done since he was elected has changed my mind in the least that he's either incompetent, an idiot or corrupt and should not be president. In fact, the more he does just reinforces that opinion I hold of him. And for the record, there were times I was critical of things Trump did, or that I disagree with, but for the majority of all he did do, I agreed and supported him, and voted for him twice.

I think it's the president's responsibility to know if he's getting bad intel or not. The decisions he makes, based on that intel, whether it's good or bad, ultimately fall on his shoulders. A good leader stands up and accepts the blame when those under him make mistakes. Biden isn't a leader, he's a puppet.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    No, you are make an assumption to presume anything of the question I asked her. I asked the question based off two things. One I have asked her several times before if she voted for Biden, in which she either ignored the question or changed the subject. Second is based from her previous posts on similar subjects, of either condemning or criticizing Trump's actions or behavior, or making excuses or apologies for Biden's. Makes me rather curious about where her ideology leans.

Last I remember, as long as I follow the rules of the forum here, I can freely express an opposing viewpoint or point out where I think someone is incorrect. If @amberloo or you can't handle that, then either of you may avail yourself of reporting my posts to the Mods or Admins, and I highly suggest that you do. You may also use the "Ignore" feature as well. That is entirely up to either of you to use as well.

I'm not applying any double-standards. Nothing Biden has done since he was elected has changed my mind in the least that he's either incompetent, an idiot or corrupt and should not be president. In fact, the more he does just reinforces that opinion I hold of him. And for the record, there were times I was critical of things Trump did, or that I disagree with, but for the majority of all he did do, I agreed and supported him, and voted for him twice.

I think it's the president's responsibility to know if he's getting bad intel or not. The decisions he makes, based on that intel, whether it's good or bad, ultimately fall on his shoulders. A good leader stands up and accepts the blame when those under him make mistakes. Biden isn't a leader, he's a puppet.
    You're not in a position to be objective about yourself, and I'd rather say something to you directly than report it. We're both grown men.

Back to the subject, if Biden is as close to dementia or whatever it is that we think, and he thought he was given good intel by the military he and others have been carefully molding into the Democrat image since the Obama years, he may indeed have thought he was given good intel, and may not be cognizant enough to realize that it's his own responsibility to deal with what he may (rightly) view as just a mistake in the fog of war. The fog of war affects the best of soldiers. The general debacle in Afghanistan is far more troubling than this drone strike, wrong though it was.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    You're not in a position to be objective about yourself, and I'd rather say something to you directly than report it. We're both grown men.
    Before you accuse me of not being objective about myself, you might want to review and read some of here past posts in regards to the subject matter and how she has responded.

I have never made any secrets of my thoughts on Trump or Biden at any time. I do find it rather suspicious, or I question someone's motivations when they either ignore a direct question or change the subject in order to not answer a simple question. You might want to ponder on that for a while, before questioning my reasons or accusing me of things.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Before you accuse me of not being objective about myself, you might want to review and read some of here past posts in regards to the subject matter and how she has responded.

I have never made any secrets of my thoughts on Trump or Biden at any time. I do find it rather suspicious, or I question someone's motivations when they either ignore a direct question or change the subject in order to not answer a simple question. You might want to ponder on that for a while, before questioning my reasons or accusing me of things.
    How she's responded to what I frankly consider a bit bullying-ish questions, is kind of irrelevant. You'll win more people to your side by persuasion than that kind of questioning. Besides, I'm probably as conservative or more than you and I happen to have agreed with her conclusion above. So, one can be NOT a Biden fan, supporter, or any such thing and still try to be objective and fair in criticism. Unfair criticism actually makes the critic look bad to those who are more objective.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    How she's responded to what I frankly consider a bit bullying-ish questions, is kind of irrelevant. You'll win more people to your side by persuasion than that kind of questioning. Besides, I'm probably as conservative or more than you and I happen to have agreed with her conclusion above. So, one can be NOT a Biden fan, supporter, or any such thing and still try to be objective and fair in criticism. Unfair criticism actually makes the critic look bad to those who are more objective.
    Well, that would be where you and I differ. I have my viewpoints and opinions and thoughts on things, and I'm not in any way trying to persuade anyone to accept or align themselves with what I believe. Frankly, I really don't care anymore what other people believe anymore.

If you and Amberloo want to defend, or make excuses for Biden, go for it. It speaks volumes of what the two of you think, or believe, without having to say any different.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Well, that would be where you and I differ. I have my viewpoints and opinions and thoughts on things, and I'm not in any way trying to persuade anyone to accept or align themselves with what I believe. Frankly, I really don't care anymore what other people believe anymore.

If you and Amberloo want to defend, or make excuses for Biden, go for it. It speaks volumes of what the two of you think, or believe, without having to say any different.

1. Then why do you argue? If you are arguing to just express your opinion or strive for striving’s sake, that’s kind of narcissistic or belligerent. If you were attempting to persuade, I honestly would think better of you.

2. See, that’s also part of the problem. It’s not “defending Biden” to explore alternative viewpoints of how I myself might respond given the facts we assume. In this given situation if I was president and I was given bad Intel I might quietly do an investigation on why the Intel was bad and how they made a mistake but I might not publicly say anything because frankly I wouldn’t want to compromise other intelligence opportunities and we don’t know if he has the luxury of firing people that might cripple other operations… So I just don’t think we can be unreasonable or unfair in the way we criticize without being completely hypocritical. The reason you don’t want to be fair in your criticism appears to be because of politics not logic.

There is a real danger of Conservatives getting their own form of TDS called BDS - Biden Derangement Syndrome, and we don’t want to be as stupid as the left.

As far as defending the enemy? Look up how John Adams defended the Redcoats in court after the Boston Massacre. Fairness towards an enemy makes your position stronger, not weaker.

Last edited:

amberloo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    texas
    Two well-placed U.S. military sources tell Fox News that the U.S. Central Command remains confident that the strike was based on accurate intelligence that showed the person in the car had bad intent, and that an investigation is underway into how many civilians were killed.

Quoted from https://www.foxnews.com/politics/last-act-in-afghanistan-biden-drones-the-wrong-guy

so how could the nytimes know anything differently and how could biden have know that the inteligents was wrong so it seems to me like he did the right thing based on what he know

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

Back to the subject, if Biden is as close to dementia or whatever it is that we think, and he thought he was given good intel by the military he and others have been carefully molding into the Democrat image since the Obama years, he may indeed have thought he was given good intel, and may not be cognizant enough to realize that it's his own responsibility to deal with what he may (rightly) view as just a mistake in the fog of war. The fog of war affects the best of soldiers. The general debacle in Afghanistan is far more troubling than this drone strike, wrong though it was.
    Two well-placed U.S. military sources tell Fox News that the U.S. Central Command remains confident that the strike was based on accurate intelligence that showed the person in the car had bad intent, and that an investigation is underway into how many civilians were killed.

Quoted from https://www.foxnews.com/politics/last-act-in-afghanistan-biden-drones-the-wrong-guy

so how could the nytimes know anything differently and how could biden have know that the inteligents was wrong so it seems to me like he did the right thing based on what he know
    I don't believe he is actually in charge. That is what needs to be investigated.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    yes, it implys that

it may not say it

but it implys it
    So you have mind-reading skills?

Definition:

Need.

Require (something) because it is essential, or very important.
    "I need help now"

None of that is implying anything. He stated "needs", because it should be investigated. Anyone following along with what is happening in the current administration knows that it's very unlikely any investigations will be forthcoming.

Top Bottom