Venture Surplus ad

Better off to carry with none in the chamber than not at all?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    YOU'R A FULL OF SHIT KEYBOARD WARRIR WH LIKES TO ACT LIKE A BADASS FROM BEHIND HIS COMPUTERYOU WOULD HAVE TO BE A MAN FIRST TO BE A MEANIETRUTHIS YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN IMMATURE DWAMA QUEENYOU SHOULD PRACTICE SELF FORNICATION MORE I DOUBT ANYONE OUTSIDE OF YOURSELF WANTS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR BE AROUND YOU
    Aw hell.

lechinajames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2024
    austin
    In my opinion.. (legally speaking) it is dangerous to carry WITHOUT a round chambered. The time it takes you to rack the slide might be enough time for an attacker, intruder, robber, etc, to turn their back and/or reverse their aggressive behavior. You will still perceive the threat as a threat, as you should, but if you allow the assailant to momentarily reverse course, it wouldn’t look too good putting a few rounds in someone’s back. Sucks it comes to this cus of all the libtard DA’s and judges but it’s the times we are living in.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    In my opinion.. (legally speaking) it is dangerous to carry WITHOUT a round chambered. The time it takes you to rack the slide might be enough time for an attacker, intruder, robber, etc, to turn their back and/or reverse their aggressive behavior. You will still perceive the threat as a threat, as you should, but if you allow the assailant to momentarily reverse course, it wouldn’t look too good putting a few rounds in someone’s back. Sucks it comes to this cus of all the libtard DA’s and judges but it’s the times we are living in.

Everyone thinks, acts and responds differently. Never judge a shooter by the chamber.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Where's the "legally speaking" you refer to here ?

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Spicy thread. :fire:

I doubt anyone is interested... but i do the Israeli carry.

In my day-to-day, I've assessed my risks and decided that my lifestyle doesn't require that high level of readiness that comes with one in the pipe. After an early-bird dinner, it's nap time. YMMV.

I practice drawing and racking few times a week; it becomes second nature. To each his own.

Good article here: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/truth-israeli-carry/

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Not sure how you are confused. Every part of the post.. to answer your previous question
    <>

Welcome to TGT.

Your ’’(legally speaking)’’ IS confusing. Did you do a case records search, or are you a judge, some legal authority; or what ?

Also, who was speaking about ‘’murder’’ ? And, what would that have to do with the prior discussion here, anyway ?

Also, having been intended victim of street crime assaults on several occasions: There is NO extra time ! Criminals are cunning and plan their attacks.

’’Racking’’ requires DRAWING, which WILL BE INTERPRETED as ‘’brandishing’’ by most current urban DA’s.

I have stopped several attacks by hand-to suddenly un-concealed, but still HOLSTERED pistol. How could anyone claim ‘’brandishing’’ of a fully holstered undrawn weapon?’

But, if needed, drawing & firing is then a split-second issue.

And, ‘’racking’’ requires TWO good hands, which may not be available.

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom