• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    I currently live on the west side of Fort Worth and about the only range I have shot at is the Elk's Castle range on I-30 just off 820 West. They are friendly enough but it is small and very limited.

I have been told that Elm Fork is a good place to go but then I read on here that it is very crowded??

I'm just wondering if there are any good ranges in the DFW area that anyone would recommend . . . considering that it needs to be better than my local one with 8-10 basic indoor lanes?

Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    I currently live on the west side of Fort Worth and about the only range I have shot at is the Elk's Castle range on I-30 just off 820 West. They are friendly enough but it is small and very limited.

I have been told that Elm Fork is a good place to go but then I read on here that it is very crowded??

I'm just wondering if there are any good ranges in the DFW area that anyone would recommend . . . considering that it needs to be better than my local one with 8-10 basic indoor lanes?

Thanks

South of Benbrook on hwy 377 is On Target Range and Training Academy. I like their place. Good people. Not huge, but adequate.

The Shooting Gallery on East Lancaster in FW has the most lanes, and it's not a bad place to shoot.

Both of these places have 25yd ranges.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Parker County Sportsman club, was great when I was a member, just to far for me to drive now.

This is where I would go if I lived on the west side of Ft Worth. I've been tempted to go out there for orientation and membership just to try it once. I'm looking an an hour drive one way.

DocD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    I think you'll like Shoot Smart, but it is a smaller indoor range much like you have by your home.

Yeah I'm going to check it out. It looks nice but yeah it looks similar to where I already shoot. I really want something bigger and maybe outdoors. Though I am on the west side of Fort Worth the Parker County one is still like 43 miles away. I guess that is not a deal breaker but not some place I would probably go regularly. Between the price of gas AND ammo I would go broke. :)

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    Yeah I'm going to check it out. It looks nice but yeah it looks similar to where I already shoot. I really want something bigger and maybe outdoors. Though I am on the west side of Fort Worth the Parker County one is still like 43 miles away. I guess that is not a deal breaker but not some place I would probably go regularly. Between the price of gas AND ammo I would go broke.

Alpine outdoor range is not far off of I20 in Everman. It's a public range. It would probably take you 20 minutes to get there.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I go to TargetMasters in Garland and Elm Fork (which is expansive but as said, usually crowded). I'd probably shoot more at Elm Fork but they're closed on Monday and Tuesday and that's annoying to someone like me who's busy towards the end of the week and all weekend long.

DocD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    This place is great, went there for the first time yesterday with another member here. I'll definitely be joining, even though it is an hour or some from where I live.

Thanks for that update. It would be a drive for me as well but my son lives closer so I am definitely going to talk him into at least looking at it. I know there is a yearly fee. How much is it to just come out and shoot if you are a member?

jeffro2912

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    Thanks for that update. It would be a drive for me as well but my son lives closer so I am definitely going to talk him into at least looking at it. I know there is a yearly fee. How much is it to just come out and shoot if you are a member?

It's a member only facility, so unfortunately you can't just go shoot if you're not a member or the guest of one. They offer orientation on the first Saturday of each month as well as at the swap meets they have there. It's all volunteer run, hence why it's only $70 a year and $70 for a one time orientation. Also, this is the reason there is no one to show the facility throughout the month.

DocD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    It's a member only facility, so unfortunately you can't just go shoot if you're not a member or the guest of one. They offer orientation on the first Saturday of each month as well as at the swap meets they have there. It's all volunteer run, hence why it's only $70 a year and $70 for a one time orientation. Also, this is the reason there is no one to show the facility throughout the month.

Soooo if I join I can go out there and shoot any time I want without paying additional money?? Or??

jeffro2912

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    Soooo if I join I can go out there and shoot any time I want without paying additional money?? Or??

Exactly, just your annual fee. That also covers spouse and dependents. For an additional 40 per year you can bring a guest whenever you like.

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Im no help there I have a personal range in fannin county I use no lines and I can do what I want when I want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

SpeedKing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    I shoot out at Gibsons Outpost in Mesquite. Some people complain about one of the guys being a range nazi but ive never had any issues. Rifle range goes out to 200yds.

Top Bottom