• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If you carry a primary & a back-up handgun, which do you think is the best choice:

• 1. The same exact make & model of pistol or revolver as my primary.

• 2. Same make using same mags as primary but a different model with the same controls as primary.

• 3. Any make that accepts the same loading devices as my primary but has different controls.

• 4. Any type of handgun other than my primary carry.

• 5. Both the same general type - semiauto/semiauto or revolver/revolver but different controls..

• 6. I carry more than one back-up, one using same loading devices/controls as primary & one maybenot.

Results are only viewable after voting.

roadapple

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Claude, Texas
    I answered any gun because I'd rather see everyone here carry a BUG than to leave it at home. I also subscribe to carrying a pistol of the same caliber, that uses the same magazines, of the primary sidearm; i.e. Glock 17 with a G26 BUG, or Glock 22 with a G27 BUG, a Springfield XD with a subcompact XD, or a full sized government 1911 with a compact 1911, etc. A friend of mine carries a Glock 19, with a G26 BUG, and he usually will have up to 7 extra G17 magazines: This gives him 146 rounds of premium 9mm loads. It sounds like a lot of hardware to carry around everyday, but I have seen him carry all of that wearing jeans and a t-shirt or Polo shirt and you couldn't tell he had all of that on him. He is not a big guy. He is around 5'10" tall and weighs around 160 lbs. He is not an LEO, but he used to own a gun store and he would tell me about articles he has read about a shoot-out involving over 80 rounds fired before it was concluded. He just wants to be prepared for any situation.

I have carried the big Glock/little Glock, a full sized 1911 with a Kahr micro 40 S&W, and sometimes a S&W "Airweight" 5-shot revolver. I know a DPS Trooper that carries a little Kel-Tec 32 cal. in the rifle plate pouch on his body armor. I would not want to bet my life on the little Kel-Tec 32, but I would take that over nothing.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I know a DPS Trooper that carries a little Kel-Tec 32 cal. in the rifle plate pouch on his body armor. I would not want to bet my life on the little Kel-Tec 32, but I would take that over nothing.
    that "little" kel-tec 32 will kill a person dead right away

Top Bottom