• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    They'll just strategically run polls in heavily regulated areas to come up with numbers like that. Considering the sentiments of people in our camp, how many of us does anyone think are actually participating in some of those polls? Whatever the "official" numbers are from a less biased poll, I would think for that reason, the actual numbers are only higher. I see some statistics say ~80 million gun owners, though I've also seen 100+ million. I would guess the real number is likely higher than that. Either way, we're the largest "armed force" in the entire world. I think the importance of that can't be overstated.
    Hurley's Gold

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Now add to that the people who own multiple guns and would be able to "lend" one to a capable person should SHTF with the gooberment and yyou've got a pretty good armed force fighting a force that is plaqued with desertion due to IMO a large portion of our armed forces being pro 2A like us and believing in the oath they took.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    This article is pure tofu to the starving Liberal. New Republic has a readership of about 50,000, and I doubt that number is growing. No matter what they say, gun control will never become as important to them as gun rights are to us. And it is an absolute lie when they say electing a Republican is no worse than electing a Democrat who voted against universal background checks. The liberals would still hate Ted Cruz, for example, if he voted for gun control but kept every other of his Conservative beliefs.

But to all the gun owners the article claims support "reasonable" gun control, we need to remind them that they'd be in Federal prison for 5 years if they loaned their .22 to a neighbor to do some target shooting if Toomey-Manchin were law.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    There were only five protesters, but because of their belligerence, they had nearly captured the entire discussion.

Keep it up, guys! Small numbers of people can make a lasting impact on the world! Just look at the Three Stooges!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I also get tired of the phony statistic that 40% of gun sales are without a background check. That comes from the purposeful deception that 40% of vendors at gunshows do not have an FFL. That is probably true, since probably 40% of the vendors are selling clothes, holsters, knives, memberships, popcorn, and fucking soft drinks.

These liberals don't know to think for themselves, just drink the kool-aid and repeat what they are told.

Stay the course!

It comes from a poll of fewer than 300 people in 1995 about how they obtained firearms they owned - 40% didn't buy from a licensed firearms dealer - which includes inherited firearms and gifts. This has been twisted into the lie that 40% of gun sales avoid a background check.

Top Bottom