Texas SOT

Battery replacement is more than the car is worth.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    When we traded in our 2018 Volt, at Carmax, they gave us $27,850k for it. I was shocked that they gave us such a great price. Our entire household drives EV's now. Weve been on them for awhile with no issues at all. Our electric bill gas gone up very insignificantly.
    But too boot, one of our EV's is violently fast, like ridiculously fast.
    Really liked our volt when we had it, but it had its time and place, like most things, it was time to move on.
    What really like about our current EV's other then the fact that they have actually gone crazy up in value, are ridiculous fast, and have made driving such a dynamically different change in our lives but that they are made in the US.
    The US is leading the way in automobile industry again. Im proud to support that. Also Tesla, which we own, is a Texas company.

So you got $27,850.00 for your gas powered car. How much did you pay for your EV?
    Your entire household drives an EV. How many is that?

Do you know where most of the materials for your batterys come from? CHINA.
    Do you know who mines them? CHILDREN.
    If more than 1 EV needs charging, can you charge them at the same time?
    Do you know how much it will cost to replace the batteries in a few years?
    Did you know that Tesla is NOT a Texas company?
    It is building a plant here, but not headquartered here.
    Are you really in California and pretend your in Texas?

P

Prelude97

So you got $27,850.00 for your gas powered car. How much did you pay for your EV?

Lol.

No Sir. Definitely in Dallas.

Tesla isn't perfect. And none of us perfect. But we are all trotting and trying our best.
    I do actually believe that the US is trying our damndest, now which isnt fast enough, to take reliance off of China. So yea, some Of Teslas parts are Chinese made. But its going to take time.
    And in the meantime, Im doing my part. Its not 200% perfect. But its something.
    Oh. Thats 2 teslas in our direct household, and 5 in our extended family. Cool thing is One of those teslas, is made in Austin.

Im not disagreeing with you btw. I believe a stronger US is a stronger world.

P

Prelude97

Dude.

I honestly don't want to get into a forum match with you. Tesla is 100% a it has Built a plant here, not building one. I picked up a car from there.

Also Tesla is a Texas headquartered company. I was there recently for a Stock holder's quarterly meeting.

Tesla information

I promise we are on the same side. China is a plague on the world stage. We started moving our factories and jobs a long time ago. Corporate greed and short sided mentalities.

I can't stand it. We, I hope, are on the same side.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Dude.

I honestly don't want to get into a forum match with you. Tesla is 100% a it has Built a plant here, not building one. I picked up a car from there.

Also Tesla is a Texas headquartered company. I was there recently for a Stock holder's quarterly meeting.

Tesla information

I promise we are on the same side. China is a plague on the world stage. We started moving our factories and jobs a long time ago. Corporate greed and short sided mentalities.

I can't stand it. We, I hope, are on the same side.
    Bullshit, Tesla is not a Texas company, Tesla is a California company that relocated to Texas to benefit itself. A man that puts on a dress is just a man in a dress, not a woman.

P

Prelude97

Bullshit, Tesla is not a Texas company, Tesla is a California company that relocated to Texas to benefit itself. A man that puts on a dress is just a man in a dress, not a woman.
    Lol. It is a fact. Tesla is a Texas Company.

Using weird Cross dressing/transgender analogies to benefit your opinion, doesn't change the fact. These are now Texas companies with headquarters based in Texas. Thats a fact.

I don't know why you have so much anger buddy?

Tesla is a Texas company now. (Tesla Employs 13,000 Texans in Texas)
    Hewlett-Packard is a Texas company.
    Mckesson is now a Texas company.
    Oracle is now a Texas company.

Just those Men with women's dresses have the market capitalization of 1.375 Trillion dollars.

These companies LEFT California because of High Taxes. This is the same reason YOU AND I, both love Texas. Low taxes.

But Regardless of what you believe, Brining Companies to Texas regardless of kind of clothing they wear, will bring jobs to Texas.
    And don't forget ALL Corporations are in some way shape or form conglomerates of Profit. Stockholders, and Chiefs have a fiduciary responsibility to increase profits every quarter. Thats why they have those jobs.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Lol. It is a fact. Tesla is a Texas Company.

Using weird Cross dressing/transgender analogies to benefit your opinion, doesn't change the fact. These are now Texas companies with headquarters based in Texas. Thats a fact.

I don't know why you have so much anger buddy?

Tesla is a Texas company now. (Tesla Employs 13,000 Texans in Texas)
    Hewlett-Packard is a Texas company.
    Mckesson is now a Texas company.
    Oracle is now a Texas company.

Just those Men with women's dresses have the market capitalization of 1.375 Trillion dollars.

These companies LEFT California because of High Taxes. This is the same reason YOU AND I, both love Texas. Low taxes.

But Regardless of what you believe, Brining Companies to Texas regardless of kind of clothing they wear, will bring jobs to Texas.
    And don't forget ALL Corporations are in some way shape or form conglomerates of Profit. Stockholders, and Chiefs have a fiduciary responsibility to increase profits every quarter. Thats why they have those jobs.
    Texas still doesn't allow people to legally buy a Tesla in Texas due to franchised dealer laws. Some folks figured that once the US electric automaker opened a factory in the state, the laws might change, but that hasn't proven true.

I know of no other Texas company that Is unable to sell their product in Texas. It’s a company that moved here and is able to operate out of texas, not a Texas company.

As I’ve previously stated Texas survived a recession and pandemic without needing any of these companies. If they all leave we would be fine just as we were before. Frustrating how people think they are saving Texas, or truly helping when It’s the other way around.

P

Prelude97

Texas still doesn't allow people to legally buy a Tesla in Texas due to franchised dealer laws. Some folks figured that once the US electric automaker opened a factory in the state, the laws might change, but that hasn't proven true.

I know of no other Texas company that Is unable to sell their product in Texas. It’s a company that moved here and is able to operate out of texas, not a Texas company.

As I’ve previously stated Texas survived a recession and pandemic without needing any of these companies. If they all leave we would be fine just as we were before. Frustrating how people think they are saving Texas, or truly helping when It’s the other way around.
    Totally agree with you. Its' actually dumb that Tesla can't sell Teslas in Texas. Everyone Ive bought, I had to purchase through California but I paid all the Tax (Registration and Sales Tax) in Texas. Which is good!

The Reason for this is because of Legislation passed along time ago in Texas to Protect Dealerships in Texas. It was a monopoly, that Tesla is trying to break.

Texas has Very slow Legislative movement, actually pretty much every state does. So yea, it's dumb. I get it. It's actually Dumb.

And Texas may not need these companies but Texas needs to grow. Texas survived the recession for a lot of good reasons. Lots of those reasons were that Texas Congress passed lots of Fantastic laws to not let idiots, like in California, take out massive Home equity loans on their over leveraged and over valued homes. Californians are incredibly greedy when it comes to real estate and they are paying for it. The Economy is floundering.

I do disagree with you though. Texas Does need these companies.

When an 22 year old. engineer, accountant or professional graduates from UT or any of Texas's university's they need jobs. These companies provide new jobs. And with that, these new employee WILL gain skills over time and they will Create NEW COMPANIES in Texas.

You may not need this, but the only way for Texas to become stronger and bigger is to reengineer itself into a better version of itself. More Profit means more Tax Revenues, More high paying jobs means more Income, hopefully for Texans across the board.

Things change, Thats a part of life. We as Texans need to learn how to lead from the front and innovate. This is a BEAUTIFUL time to be a Texan.

P

Prelude97

Makes me want to build 500 HP gas burning tire scorcher for the 65 Falcon.
    lol.

The wife and I went to Xtreme Raceway Park in Ferris.
    We took one of Tesla's on the way to the drive inn in Ennis. A bit ago. We were SMOKING everything. It was fun as hell.

And then afterwards we took our Picnic Basket out of the Frunk and watched a movie at the Drive inn. Didn't even have to recharge.

World is changing boys.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    lol.

We took one of Tesla's on the way to the drive inn in Ennis. A bit ago. We were SMOKING everything. It was fun as hell.

And then afterwards we took our Picnic Basket out of the Frunk and watched a movie at the Drive inn. Didn't even have to recharge.

World is changing boys.
    LOL, aint no Kool in an EV. Speed aint everything when driving. You can't change reality but you can cry when your EV has been recycled in just a few short and expensive years.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Totally agree with you. Its' actually dumb that Tesla can't sell Teslas in Texas. Everyone Ive bought, I had to purchase through California but I paid all the Tax (Registration and Sales Tax) in Texas. Which is good!

The Reason for this is because of Legislation passed along time ago in Texas to Protect Dealerships in Texas. It was a monopoly, that Tesla is trying to break.

Texas has Very slow Legislative movement, actually pretty much every state does. So yea, it's dumb. I get it. It's actually Dumb.

And Texas may not need these companies but Texas needs to grow. Texas survived the recession for a lot of good reasons. Lots of those reasons were that Texas Congress passed lots of Fantastic laws to not let idiots, like in California, take out massive Home equity loans on their over leveraged and over valued homes. Californians are incredibly greedy when it comes to real estate and they are paying for it. The Economy is floundering.

I do disagree with you though. Texas Does need these companies.

When an 22 year old. engineer, accountant or professional graduates from UT or any of Texas's university's they need jobs. These companies provide new jobs. And with that, these new employee WILL gain skills over time and they will Create NEW COMPANIES in Texas.

You may not need this, but the only way for Texas to become stronger and bigger is to reengineer itself into a better version of itself. More Profit means more Tax Revenues, More high paying jobs means more Income, hopefully for Texans across the board.

Things change, Thats a part of life. We as Texans need to learn how to lead from the front and innovate. This is a BEAUTIFUL time to be a Texan.

I'l stand corrected and Tesla does have its headquarters in Austin. It's been a almost a year since I drove to San Marcus and passed the new building that was being built.

But when you said you bought your Tesla in Austin, you insinuated {let everyone believe} that you bought it at a Tesla dealership in Texas. What you did is ordered it in Texas but you but you bought it in California and there is a deference.

Tesla might have their headquarters in Texas but they are NOT a Texas company. It's like saying 'I moved to Texas from California so now I'm a Texan'. Your still a Californian or whatever state you were born in, you just live in Texas.
    I used the word YOUR to mean ANYONE not you alone.

Whatever State a company is started in is where that company is from. Just because it moved to Texas, does not make it a Texas company. If it was STARTED in Texas and mover to another state, it's still a Texas company.

My last post on this. Lets all get along and keep Texas the best state in the union.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    lol.

World is changing boys.
    Hope it doesn't leave your home SMOKING.

P

Prelude97

LOL, aint no Kool in an EV. Speed aint everything when driving. You can't change reality but you can cry when your EV has been recycled in just a few short and expensive years.
    You know You are right.

Its not all about speed. There is something about rifling up an engine or a classic 60's car that EV's will never have. You are TOTALLY correct.

EV's don't feel like a classic mustang or even a classic Ferrari. But for some reason over the past 15 years, I feel like most Gas power'ed cars have lost their appeal to me. Like they are trying to grab onto something in the past.

But doing a quarter mile in 8.3 at 162pmh in my everyday driving car. Is actually pretty amazing. Not 1967 Mustang amazing, or 1996 Pamala Anderson Amazing.

P

Prelude97

I'l stand corrected and Tesla does have its headquarters in Austin. It's been a almost a year since I drove to San Marcus and passed the new building that was being built.

But when you said you bought your Tesla in Austin, you insinuated {let everyone believe} that you bought it at a Tesla dealership in Texas. What you did is ordered it in Texas but you but you bought it in California and there is a deference.

Tesla might have their headquarters in Texas but they are NOT a Texas company. It's like saying 'I moved to Texas from California so now I'm a Texan'. Your still a Californian or whatever state you were born in, you just live in Texas.
    I used the word YOUR to mean ANYONE not you alone.

Whatever State a company is started in is where that company is from. Just because it moved to Texas, does not make it a Texas company. If it was STARTED in Texas and mover to another state, it's still a Texas company.

My last post on this. Lets all get along and keep Texas the best state in the union.

Oh yea> I could see how that could be misunderstood. Sorry about that.

I agree. We all need to get along, and I do believe that a Texas best years are ahead of itself. It may not be Texas of 1892 or Texas of 1968. But I really do believe that we are going to see a Different, better Texas. For not US, but Our kids.

Thats a good thing. I don't believe California will be doing better like it did in the past. That makes me sad too, Because Californians are still Americans, they still have kids and Families. I don't wish harm on anyone. Seriously.

Hell Texas took in Davy Crockett from Tennessee. Look what he did!!

He wasn't Texan, Neither was Tesla.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You know You are right.

Its not all about speed. There is something about rifling up an engine or a classic 60's car that EV's will never have. You are TOTALLY correct.

EV's don't feel like a classic mustang or even a classic Ferrari. But for some reason over the past 15 years, I feel like most Gas power'ed cars have lost their appeal to me. Like they are trying to grab onto something in the past.

But doing a quarter mile in 8.3 at 162pmh in my everyday driving car. Is actually pretty amazing. Not 1967 Mustang amazing, or 1996 Pamala Anderson Amazing.

I guess they only let you make one pass?

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Sam Houston, Stephen Austin, and a bunch of other Texan heros weren't born in Texas. If Tesla and others that relocate here help build a better Texas and employ more Texans - and keep talented Texans here, instead of leaving to other states to seek their higher paying jobs - that's a good thing.

The importation of Californians isn't such a good thing.

Top Bottom