• mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Great. See you then

KWG ... there is too much local, mail order and on-line competition for you to be this confrontational with one, much less a large group of dedicated gun buyers.

Had you just let the OP air his grievences, this would be over and you might've lost 1/2 dozen potential buyers. As it stands, the damage caused by being defensive and then arguementative has alienated most of us ... not because you might have questionable business tactics, but because no one wants to wade through the drama. Like I said, there are a lot of vendors out there.

Just sayin'

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    So I should just allow him to call me a liar online. Well alright then. Thanks
    Just words. However, your belligerent responses are a far better indicator of your customer service than either of the two OP's.

Count me and mine out as a customer of yours.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    So I should just allow him to call me a liar online. Well alright then. Thanks

That comment and the under-lying tone is an example of your continued alienation of the folks on this site.

Being called a liar on-line is the equivalent of being gut-punched on-line. One's about as effective as the other. BFD.
    How much it hurts depends on how you handle it and then how long it continues to hurt.

First reported August 9th. If its that big of a deal, why wait till September 22 to defend your honor?

Sometimes its best to pick battles judiciously. If you let it go, this thread will die.
    If you continue to argue, others will dogpile and the issue will live on till you give up or we get bored with you.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    That comment and the under-lying tone is an example of your continued alienation of the folks on this site.

Being called a liar on-line is the equivalent of being gut-punched on-line. One's about as effective as the other. BFD.
    How much it hurts depends on how you handle it and then how long it continues to hurt.

First reported August 9th. If its that big of a deal, why wait till September 22 to defend your honor?

Sometimes its best to pick battles judiciously. If you let it go, this thread will die.
    If you continue to argue, others will dogpile and the issue will live on till you give up or we get bored with you.
    point
    Point

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio

Might I point out...first reported in August of 2012. This had already long since been forgotten when the retailer decided to dredge it back up. He has done himself far more harm than any on-line commenter ever could.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I loved the pictures of the shop. I'm not being ironic here; I like small shops. That one looks to be about 12' x 20', total. Kudos to the retailer for even being able to work out of a space that small.

The only smaller shop I've ever been in was in Covington, KY. The place was actually huge but when you walked in, you were trapped by the front wall and display counters on three sides, leaving about 10' x 12' for all the customers to stand. There was no wall display, just those glass cabinets. If you wanted anything not in those cabinets, you had to talk to the very grouchy owner who was probably working at a lathe in the back. In the ~75 feet between you and him, there were shop tables stacked 10-deep with rifles, barrels, parts, and everything was covered with dust and grease.

It was an example of "I put some counters in the front of my machine shop so that I can call myself a gun shop, too." It was also a very old business with one foot clearly in the grave. For example, I found an extremely rare bolt action sitting in the display case and asked to see it. All the bolt innards were missing - firing pin, spring, shroud, etc. I told the guy I wanted to buy it if he could find the missing parts but he wasn't even willing to look. That's how junked-up the place was.

I just did a little google maps walk down that street. It now appears to be a day care center. I am sadly quite sure some amazing and historic firearms got lost in the transition.

My apologies for the thread drift.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    0a389073aa251cfcd220bcd4c88e89a9af528b0dc6f8d6b9439918a99b6a5917.jpg

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Was this post replied to two years after the bad review? Isn't this place in Florida? Why do we Texans care?

Sent From This Tablet They Call A Phone, The G Flex

Top Bottom