• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    weslaco
    I will never use kelly enterprises out of key west fla again, bought the wife a mini uzi to sbr and have had nothing but issues with this clown chuck malta, claims he is a stocking dealer and then will not ship, claims he has to finish the build and then ship and he is really backed up, so 10 days AFTER the promised delivery date I get an email from UPS and the mini is on it's way from UTAH...drop shipping it from Vector, had he been HONEST I could understand that the fault was not his, the icing on the cake, when I point it out that he isnt the shipper like he claimed he gets pissy and says to never call back...NOT A PROBLEM PENDEJO!!!
    Gun Zone Deals

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    A little off topic here, but I see on their website they are selling a .50 AR-15 pistol with a rifle buffer tube. Is this legal? Seems like it could be "Readily convertible" to an illegal SBR. And yes I realize this could just as easily be done illegally by slapping your rifle's lower onto your pistol's upper, I never said the law made sense.

Just seems like pistol buffer tubes exist for a reason...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    A little off topic here, but I see on their website they are selling a .50 AR-15 pistol with a rifle buffer tube. Is this legal? Seems like it could be "Readily convertible" to an illegal SBR. And yes I realize this could just as easily be done illegally by slapping your rifle's lower onto your pistol's upper, I never said the law made sense.

Just seems like pistol buffer tubes exist for a reason...
    Legal

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, now that I am back I can tell ya my little story...

I was just in Key West for a week for work. Unfortunately, due to the nature of what I do, I cannot really let most folks know I am there; but I did see this thread and decided to see what I could find out so I thought I'd check this guy out.

First, I thought the address given in his "Contact Us" was his retail shop. I drove over to it since it was not far from my hotel, and couldn't find it; so I called him and got a diatribe on how it isn't open open on the weekends and why and what was I specifically looking for? I tried to convey that I wasn't looking for anything in particular, which only resulted in another diatribe on how everything was posted on the website and again he asked what specifically I was looking for. I repeated that I wasn't looking for anything specific but before I could finish my sentence he interrupts and tells me how hard it is to put out a hundred firearms on display and yadda yadda yadda...

Honestly, this guy isn't "people friendly." He doesn't let you finish a sentence and doesn't listen to what you are saying. I am not surprised to hear about your bad experience with him, just based on the phone conversation I had with the guy I felt it would be a pain. I understand that Key West is not the place where a gun shop would do well, too many out-of-state (and country) tourists but you'd think for those who are interested in looking at his wares he'd have something set up especially since he claims to have a "retail store."

For me, the bottom line is that there are far too many good FFLs out there who work hard to help their customers. This guy was a bit too pretentious, and just one conversation with him would drive me to someone else to do business with even if it cost a little more as I would at least feel appreciated as a customer...

Cheers! M2

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Well, now that I am back I can tell ya my little story...

I was just in Key West for a week for work. Unfortunately, due to the nature of what I do, I cannot really let most folks know I am there; but I did see this thread and decided to see what I could find out so I thought I'd check this guy out.

First, I thought the address given in his "Contact Us" was his retail shop. I drove over to it since it was not far from my hotel, and couldn't find it; so I called him and got a diatribe on how it isn't open open on the weekends and why and what was I specifically looking for? I tried to convey that I wasn't looking for anything in particular, which only resulted in another diatribe on how everything was posted on the website and again he asked what specifically I was looking for. I repeated that I wasn't looking for anything specific but before I could finish my sentence he interrupts and tells me how hard it is to put out a hundred firearms on display and yadda yadda yadda...

Honestly, this guy isn't "people friendly." He doesn't let you finish a sentence and doesn't listen to what you are saying. I am not surprised to hear about your bad experience with him, just based on the phone conversation I had with the guy I felt it would be a pain. I understand that Key West is not the place where a gun shop would do well, too many out-of-state (and country) tourists but you'd think for those who are interested in looking at his wares he'd have something set up especially since he claims to have a "retail store."

For me, the bottom line is that there are far too many good FFLs out there who work hard to help their customers. This guy was a bit too pretentious, and just one conversation with him would drive me to someone else to do business with even if it cost a little more as I would at least feel appreciated as a customer...

Cheers! M2

Interesting.

I looked over the shopping center a little bit with google maps.
    His address puts him somewhere between the Radio Shack and the apparently now dead Albertsons. Ghost address alert!

The fact that M2 was physically there and couldn't find it just solidifies that.

kwguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    I will never use kelly enterprises out of key west fla again, bought the wife a mini uzi to sbr and have had nothing but issues with this clown chuck malta, claims he is a stocking dealer and then will not ship, claims he has to finish the build and then ship and he is really backed up, so 10 days AFTER the promised delivery date I get an email from UPS and the mini is on it's way from UTAH...drop shipping it from Vector, had he been HONEST I could understand that the fault was not his, the icing on the cake, when I point it out that he isnt the shipper like he claimed he gets pissy and says to never call back...NOT A PROBLEM PENDEJO!!!

It seems like I'm a little late seeing this post, but still I would like to address it. First of all I am sorry this went the wrong way, and I apologize for any bad feelings. To be clear, We are the largest Vector Arms dealer/distributor in the USA with well over 50 models to choose from, most are custom made to order. With that said a little explaining should help clear things up. We do stock various models there at the Key West shop, Although they are not always in stock due to very heavy sales volumes. We take orders daily on these items and ship either from Key west or drop ship from Utah, whichever is fastest to get it into the customers hands. The Mini Uzi guns take 3 times longer to build than the full size Uzi's. Because of this it is and the heavy demand it is hard to keep them on the shelves. When orders come in we check with the factory on lead times, and most of the time they are correct, still some of the time the factory gets backed up, understandably so considering they are the only ones making the Mini Uzi at this time. So some of the time orders run late, it happens, and a little more lately with only one man building Uzi's at their shop presently. When this happens my best coarse of action is to have the guns drop shipped directly to your dealer, having it come to Key West first will only add another 6 business days to the ship time. Any delivery date is approximate, sometimes they ship the next day, sometimes they ship past that scheduled date, Either way you will get them as soon as humanly possible.

Here is my feedback from Gunbroker.com, It speaks for itself, GunBroker.com - View User Feedback: Kellyenterprises net llc

As far as the later post to the gentleman that called on a Sat. I will point out that as a gun shop I am not eager to show our Physical location. On the contact page of my site is the PO Box address at the local UPSTORE in the new Publix shopping plaza. If one cares to look there is a Key West retail store heading under categories for all to read, it says, [h=1]Key West Retail Store[/h]This page is dedicated to our Key West retail store. To better serve you we are taking appointments for people that wish to purchase any firearm. Buying a firearm takes about an hour or so, so make sure you have a good hour to complete the sale. All customers must fill out an ATF 4473, this basically marries the gun to you and you alone. I am available for appointments 7 days a week from 9am to 5pm, just call me up and I will take good care of you!
    We do not charge any fees for FDLE required background checks. The Key West Retail store is open 11am-5pm, Monday thru Friday to the public. Closed on Sat and Sun. We are located at 609 Duval St. (rear) in Key Lime Square, Best to call for directions or you will not easily find us, since we are located in the middle of the square. Phone orders are from 9am-9pm, 7 days a week, Call Chuck @ 305-923-6560. The Concealed Weapons 3hr course is taught by appointment everyday. Please call to sign up and reserve your place, the cost is $60.00 and due that day. New firearms arrive every week, so check back to view new listings or just tell me what you are looking for and I'll be more than happy to locate it for you. Most items are in Key West and ready to be picked up or shipped out. All items here are sold new in box unless otherwise stated. All new items are under full factory warranty, used items have no warranty.

Just to be clear, 98% of all our sales are online, with a large portion going to the great state of Texas, and I do appreciate all the business you all bring to us from Texas. They Key west store is very very small with 50 to 100 guns in stock at any one time. There are a lot of weapons in key west that are stored at my house for security reasons (and you wont find that location anywhere on the internet.) So when someone calls and wants to meet at the shop ,first thing I do is ask "what are you looking for?" Which is key, so if we decide to meet I can make sure the item you want to see is made available to you. And If its not, to be able to tell you just that so you don't go to the store for nothing. Now if someone cant tell me what they want to look at its pretty hard to show it to them.

Key West is a very international place, I get many requests from people to look at weapons they don't qualify to purchase, Either they are not US citizens and from overseas or they want to look at pistols or class 3 items that they cant go home with since they are out of state residents. With that said I have learned to screen the calls, and anyone serious about a purchase, that knows what they want so I can help them, I will go open the store for over the weekend. It seems now a days there is a lot of staging going on ,where people take up your time to look at something or somethings for hours, never intending to buy from us, just look at it, touch it get the specs and buy from their local dealer when they get home. So it has been necessary to screen each request so I'm not wasting my time on someone who's just staging. When they call and know what they want and are serious I can be at that shop in 10 mins. If they cannot be specific and want to browse, I tell them we are closed on the weekends and to look online for what they are looking for. I cant see how anyone reasonable has a problem with that.

In the end I'm here to help you, many of the Manufacturers that I work with are always playing catch up since they are constantly selling out. These are what I call Rare and Allocated items. I will do my best to obtain these items for anyone that wants one, and some of the time there will be a short wait time. I will do my best as always to accommodate everyone interested, Thanks for reading , hope this clears a few things up.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I will point out that as a gun shop I am not eager to show our Physical location.
    That's very weird.

...They Key west store is very very small with 50 to 100 guns in stock at any one time. There are a lot of weapons in key west that are stored at my house for security reasons (and you wont find that location anywhere on the internet.)...

...I have learned to screen the calls, and anyone serious about a purchase, that knows what they want so I can help them, I will go open the store for over the weekend. It seems now a days there is a lot of staging going on ,where people take up your time to look at something or somethings for hours, never intending to buy from us, just look at it, touch it get the specs and buy from their local dealer when they get home. So it has been necessary to screen each request so I'm not wasting my time on someone who's just staging. When they call and know what they want and are serious I can be at that shop in 10 mins. If they cannot be specific and want to browse, I tell them we are closed on the weekends and to look online for what they are looking for. I cant see how anyone reasonable has a problem with that.
    And that's pretty much the problem, right there.

I will point out that as a gun shop I am not eager to show our Physical location.
    ...The Key West Retail store is open 11am-5pm, Monday thru Friday to the public. Closed on Sat and Sun. We are located at 609 Duval St. (rear) in Key Lime Square, Best to call for directions or you will not easily find us, since we are located in the middle of the square. ...
    So you're down this walkway a bit, probably on the right. Correct?
    KeyLime_zps3d7f3408.png

Lessee, what did majormadmax say?

Honestly, this guy isn't "people friendly." He doesn't let you finish a sentence and doesn't listen to what you are saying. I am not surprised to hear about your bad experience .... I understand that Key West is not the place where a gun shop would do well...but you'd think for those who are interested in looking at his wares he'd have something set up especially since he claims to have a "retail store."

...This guy was a bit too pretentious, and just one conversation with him would drive me to someone else to do business with even if it cost a little more as I would at least feel appreciated as a customer...

I think MMM hit it on the head. You have a retail space; you just wish you weren't forced to do so in order to have an address other than your home to put on your FFL. You clearly don't like dealing with the public since that means you'd need a reasonable tolerance for knuckleheads. You don't, yet that's the nature of retail.

Whether you have or ever will find your niche in life, I strongly suggest you quit responding online to people who have a problem with the way you've done business. Unanswered, those complaints are just unsubstantiated opinion. The way you answer them, if this post is any indication, will just drive away away potential customers.

kwguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    Personally I like my retail store, I just cant sell to 95% of the tourists walking thru it, they just don't qualify. Internet sales is the main contributor to my business. With only 20,000 or so full time residents, there is not enough local business to make the ends meet, and four gun shops on the island doesn't help. At the shop I built all the display cases myself, and built out the interior too. It looks great for how small it is, We just aren't open on the weekends, and never have been, unless its for an appointment to pick something up, Which many of the locals do because of their working hours, and yes its down the walk on the rite. I do all the shipping from there in the mornings before noon. In there we do have some Prebans, some Vectors, Colts, Walthers, Glocks, Knights Armament and assorted carry guns for the guys that carry locally. The guns at the shop are in the KW RETAIL category. We also have the Concealed Weapons coarse available any day of the week by appointment. We also try to have the most reasonable prices on ammo in the area. We don't have everything that's for sure, but what we have has competitive prices, and I do have some very loyal local customers, I just saw this post today and wanted to address it., Thanks for reading and for your input, have a great day!

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    To be clear, We are the largest Vector Arms dealer/distributor in the USA

No. You are not.

When orders come in we check with the factory on lead times, and don't care if they are correct. My best coarse of action is to have the guns drop shipped directly to your dealer because having it come to my UPSTORE mailbox in Key West first will only add another 6 business days to the ship time and is a pain in my ass. Any delivery date is we give is approximate, you will get them as soon as the factory gets around to the drop ship and I see nothing at all wrong with this arrangement and hold myself completely unaccountable for any misconception of the services I offer that I have created by my misrepresentation of my business and business model.

- Edited for truth

Here is my feedback from Gunbroker.com, It speaks for itself, GunBroker.com - View User Feedback: Kellyenterprises net llc

Big whoop. I know a ton of shop less FFLs (and even non-FFLs) who have decent Gunbroker ratings.

As far as the later post to the gentleman that called on a Sat. I will point out that as a gun shop I am not eager to show our Physical location.

erupusy9.jpg

I sincerely hope you don't have investors risking their money on this excellent business model for failure.

On the contact page of my site is the PO Box address at the local UPSTORE in the new Publix shopping plaza. If one cares to look there is a Key West retail store heading under categories for all to read, it says, [h=1]Key West Retail Store[/h]

Yeah, and my dog has a house in the yard with a sign that says dog house but it isn't stopping him from trying to hog up space on the couch as I write this.*

* I know. Bad analogy. My dog actually has a building he can call his house.

This page is dedicated to our Key West retail store.

There is no such retail store.

To better serve you we are taking appointments for people that wish to purchase any firearm. Buying a firearm takes about an hour or so, so make sure you have a good hour to complete the sale.

How in the Hell do you justify that as better service? Also, this is a gun forum populated by gun people. Everyone here knows the process and amount of time needed although an hour or so is a very long time compared to usual experience.

All customers must fill out an ATF 4473, this basically marries the gun to you and you alone.

No shit. Were you high when you wrote all this?

I am available for appointments 7 days a week from 9am to 5pm, just call me up and I will take good care of you!

Evidenced by OP and M2's experience with you no doubt.

We do not charge any fees for FDLE required background checks.

No one else does either but thanks for thinking this sets you apart in our minds.

The Key West Retail store is open 11am-5pm, Monday thru Friday to the public. Closed on Sat and Sun. We are located at 609 Duval St. (rear) in Key Lime Square, Best to call for directions or you will not easily find us, since we are located in the middle of the square. Phone orders are from 9am-9pm, 7 days a week, Call Chuck @ 305-923-6560.

Right between the drink machine and the gift wrapping station.

The Concealed Weapons 3hr course is taught by appointment everyday. Please call to sign up and reserve your place, the cost is $60.00 and due that day.

Hehe, sign me up!*

*Not really. I don't want to have to do my qualification shoot in the alley behind a laundry, head shop and Paki mall.

New firearms arrive every week, so check back to view new listings or just tell me what you are looking for and I'll be more than happy to locate it drop ship it for you.

- Edited for truth

Most items are in Key West and ready to be picked up or shipped out. All items here are sold new in box unless otherwise stated. All new items are under full factory warranty, used items have no warranty.

:/ You copied this from someone else's site didn't you. It's ok to admit. I use copy/paste all the time as is evidenced through this post.

Just to be clear, 98% of all our sales are online, with a large portion going to the great state of Texas, and I do appreciate all the business you all bring to us from Texas.

Probably not for long and I bet you do.

They (non-existant) Key west store is very very small with 50 to 100 guns in stock at any one time. There are a lot of all weapons in key west that are stored at my house for security reasons because I do not have a shop location.

- Edited for truth

(and you wont find that location anywhere on the internet.)

Wanna bet?

So when someone calls and wants to meet at the shop ,first thing I do is ask "what are you looking for?" Which is key, so if we decide to meet I can make sure the item you want to see is made available to you. And If its not, to be able to tell you just that so you don't go to the store for nothing. Now if someone cant tell me what they want to look at its pretty hard to show it to them.

Again. I sincerely hope you are not using innocent and hopeful investor's money.

Seem's you are completely unaware of the enormous piles of money made every day through impulse shoppers, shoppers who will just buy something to support a local gun shop (which you don't have), boredom shoppers, etc...

Key West is a very international place, I get many requests from people to look at weapons they don't qualify to purchase, Either they are not US citizens and from overseas or they want to look at pistols or class 3 items that they cant go home with since they are out of state residents. With that said I have learned to screen the calls, and anyone serious about a purchase, that knows what they want so I can help them, I will go open the store for over the weekend. It seems now a days there is a lot of staging going on ,where people take up your time to look at something or somethings for hours, never intending to buy from us, just look at it, touch it get the specs and buy from their local dealer when they get home. So it has been necessary to screen each request so I'm not wasting my time on someone who's just staging. When they call and know what they want and are serious I can be at that shop in 10 mins. If they cannot be specific and want to browse, I tell them we are closed on the weekends and to look online for what they are looking for. I cant see how anyone reasonable has a problem with that.

Welcome to the world of retail. Every single gun shop (actual gun shop) in America deals with the same issues regardless of how "international" its location is.

In the end I'm here to help you,

No you are not. Otherwise you would not feel the need to misrepresent yourself and your business.

many of the Manufacturers that I work with are always playing catch up since they are constantly selling out. These are what I call Rare and Allocated items. I will do my best to obtain these items for anyone that wants one, and some of the time there will be a short wait time. I will do my best as always to accommodate everyone interested,

Gee, thanks for looking out for us little guys by doing exactly the same thing every other shop does. Excepting the others just call them back orders instead of your fancy "Rare and Allocated" terminology.

Thanks for reading , hope this clears a few things up.

Yeah. Thanks for clearing all that up.

Last edited:

kwguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    Hey txarguy, you don't know anything, must be exhausting being wrong all the time, just rave on, seems your good at it. My Shop does a million a year, sold over 350 vectors last year, and the 2 years before, most in the country by far, that's enough for me, and its all paid for, no debt, just goes to show Benenglish you were rite, don't bother answering any posts. See ya there in the morning!

Last edited:

kwguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    PICS OF SHOP 009.jpg PICS OF SHOP 010.jpg GREY BARRETT AND REC7 PICS 003.jpg GREY BARRETT AND REC7 PICS 016.jpg barrett pics 003.jpg and pics of the Barrett M107A1 AND BARRETT REC7 IN GREY PKG I'M SHIPPING TO Alaska TODAY , I SOLD THEM BOTH FOR $10799 PLUS SHIPPING , BEST PRICE IN THE COUNTRY. By keeping overhead low, I can sell things like this just above wholesale. The po box is for the $10,000 checks that come to so they stay locked up. I'll accept your apology anytime TXARGUY, just goes to prove you know nothing, save it, don't bother responding,

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Wifee and I are planning a trip to FLA next year to visit a buddy in Miami. I've always wanted to see the Keys so expect a visit from us while we're there. Please PM me if a civilian version of the SSR ever becomes available.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    BEST PRICE IN THE COUNTRY.

Ya'll don't get to Texas much...

But I expect for a small volume shop like yours, that may be considered a "good sale" by people who don't know better. Best of luck breaking into the big leagues!

Top Bottom