• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyberlink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington
    It has been a few years sense I went to a gun show and I needed a few things. Ok, I had a list that was 3 printed pages long. So maybe a little more than a few things.

Found most of the reloading stuff I needed at a reasonable price. What the guy did not have at the show he had at the store just 2 miles away. And the guy at the store gave me a good deal on everything I bought!

But, I have to ask What is up with the gun prices and BS level at the show? I know there is some BS, it is at every show I have ever been to but man it was so deep I needed a backhoe just to see some of the tables.

I only had two guns on my list, A P-64 pistol and a Mosin Nagant 91/30 Both should have been low cost weapons. The first P64 I find the guy wants $315 for and starts telling me how they are rare and hard to find. I did not see a single P-64 from less than $250. When I found 91/30's they ran between $200 and $300. Hell there was a guy that had a "Rare Russian made SKS with the original serial numbers on it" It was $700 and I about fell over. I have 3 with the same markings in the safe.

All in all I left the show with the reloading stuff I needed, primers, led, brass, dies, etc. I then went to a local gun shop and bought a P-64 for $170 and a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for $109. I just had to clean the creosol off of them. Used to be you could go to a gun show and get stuff for less than at a store, now it looks like the gun shows are not worth going to.

Have I missed something? What happened to the good gun shows?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Wow, apparently it has been awhile since you've been to a show! Last year's panic sent prices skyrocketing. Ammo and reloading components became scarce. I went to a show early last year and all the ammo in the place was gone in the first 20 minutes.

Believe it or not, prices are coming down. It's just that dealers are reluctant to give up those margins. I've seen some tables with decent deals, but 90+% of the tables are outrageous and can easily be beaten by local gun shops.

What's really funny is how some stuff is being sold as if it were made of platinum. I guess if they manage to get a sucker to buy it, then more power to them.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Must have gotten the reloading stuff from Southwest; good to know their prices have come back in line with reality. Last several times they have been to Tyler they have been way to high to deal with.

akarfal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Johnson county
    Check out the Original Ft Worth gun show at Will Rogers Feb 13/14. It's alot bigger show with alot more selection; however, the BS factor is still there. Got to filter it out.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    a lot better deals to be had at the FW show,jake and i will be attending if any of you guys wanna meet up and shoot the breeze while we browse just let me know. i will never go to big town again....retarded prices still at the last one. screw going to dallas to see rip off prices.....guess those guys didnt get the memo that everyone elses prices have dropped big time. far less suckers are buying nowadays.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    When I found 91/30's they ran between $200 and $300. Hell there was a guy that had a "Rare Russian made SKS with the original serial numbers on it" It was $700 and I about fell over. I have 3 with the same markings in the safe.

There's a shop here in town that has prices like that. He has other good stuff I like to buy, but it's not primarily a gun shop, and I don't think the guy knows what he's talking about as far as guns go.

I saw a chopped up Mosin at a small show that was listed as "Rare Factory Sport Model," for $300 ish. I was pretty sure the Russians weren't much interested in Mosins for sporting purposes, and after some research, confirmed that.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    so true!
    im sticking with the FW shows...i enjoy them more anyways. i also live very close to will rogers so its way convenient.

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I went to that same show looking for powder,primers,brass for 7.62x39.I couldn't find much of anything.I did find one bag of mostly new brass,some once fired.I was looking for winchester but when I got home discoved it was all r-p brand,only had 4 winchester brass in the bag of 110 for $30.00.I have no small rifle primers,now I'm trying to find some small rifle primers.Seems like no one has any.I've checked just about everyone on line and nobody has any 7.62x39 powder or primers.I've tried all the local shops,no luck either.I hope they have some at the FW show.You would be surprised at how much more accurate the SKS and AK is when you feed them handloads. sj

Cyberlink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington
    Sorry to hear that, I was there when the doors opened and grabbed Large pistol primers, Small Pistol Primers, Large rifle primers, and small rifle primers for about 26$ a box of a 1000. Thought I did not see any 7.62x39 brass, If I had I would have bought it.

Oh, I bought 1 box of each and there was only 3 boxes of each left when I bought mine.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I don't reload so the next time I go shoot my AK or SKS I'll save the brass for whoever wants it. Ill be shooting Monarch and Silver bear so if you can use it...

Cyberlink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington
    I could use 7.62x39 brass, They should be fine provided they have the right primer in them. Just look down inside the brass and if it has one hole in the bottom it is good. I'ed be willing to compensate you for the brass. I have lots of steel case ammo in 7.62x39, drop me an im and we can chat.

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    I went to the Big Town gun show in Mesquite today. It was pretty good. Actually, it was the best gun show I've been to in a while. The prices on guns I was interested in were inline with what I've seen online and in stores. A few a touch higher and a few a touch lower. No stellar deals but, no gouges either. Except for SKSs. Guess we'll never see $99 again. And really, for a brick outhouse of a gun, $99 was a steal. Oh well. Times change. Big Town had the local pawn shop prices beat by a mile, and on new guns to boot.

There was only one guy who gave me a little BS. This dude says to me that Kel Tec and Ruger LCP are hard to get now. Nobody's keeping them in stock. He'll make me a good deal though. I says to him, "Yeah, I've only seen four tables with them at this show." He told me a price and walked off. The price was around what they were going for at the show.

Anyway. The show was mostly guns and gun accessories.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I could use 7.62x39 brass, They should be fine provided they have the right primer in them. Just look down inside the brass and if it has one hole in the bottom it is good. I'ed be willing to compensate you for the brass. I have lots of steel case ammo in 7.62x39, drop me an im and we can chat.

I just looked and the Silver Bear has 2 holes and thats what im shooting and have 500 rounds of.

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I went there this morning and picked up a couple of hundred small rifle primers and a pound of AA1680 at reasonable prices,so I had a good day.You would be surprised how accurate the SKS and AK's are when you handload for them. sj

txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    I went to the Mesquite gun show yesterday. I picked up grips for a 1911, several 1911 magazines, a nice ZT folder and a Maxpedition bag. All were equal or better prices than online. BTW, the S&W M&P 45 with thumb safety looked very nice. May pick one up in a few months.

M8_Carry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Garland, TX
    I went to Mesquite in January, found a Gerber Covert and a few magazines from the fellow from Missouri, all at as good a price as online, no tax and no shipping. It's too bad that the show has gotten smaller over the years.

Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    I went to the BT Gunshow and my wife pick out a Springfield XD 9mm sub, it was $399.99, $432 after tax. I'm a noob so, Im not sure if thats a good deal or not. It was the first dam gun she walked up on. She didnt hesitate either, she said "i want this one" I tried to encourage her to look around but she didnt budge. She looks hot shootin that thing too!

Top Bottom