DK Firearms

baby wipes instead of TP for SHTF (pun intended)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    When I pooped my diaper, the old man took me to the back yard and cleaned my backside with the water hose. Yes, the water was cold!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    When I said old socks I meant the ones that are losing the elastic and getting thin. Not dirty socks. This is about survival man. Gotta wipe with something.

yeah, that's why I'm stocking up on stuff so I won't have to use socks!

Also, remind me to never borrow socks from you:roflfunny:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    How has this thread stayed on topic for three pages? LOL - must be some serious business here.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Sorry for the hijack.

Just don't use the baby wipes if you have a septic tank. I figured "Hell, you need to pump the tank out periodically, so why not?" ...
    Flash

Actually if you just flush the stuff down the drain that's supposed to be put there, and you keep the bacteria levels up with something like Rid-X, you don't have to pump the tank out every so often if your lateral lines are in working order. Over 30 years on mine without pumping and no problems at all.

Of course if you live out where you have a septic tank, then the odds are you have the space to stock up on toilet paper.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    think about it.
    If you are storing large amounts of TP for SHTF, TP rolls take up lots of space. Space is a premium for most of us. Baby wipes can be bought pretty cheaply if you catch them on sale and they take up much less space and can also be used for general hygiene. If you can't get a bath or a shower for awhile, at least you can clean up somewhat with a handful of wipes. You can't do that with TP.

Thanks for the tip, that's a great idea. I'm getting some next HEB run.

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    Baby wipes are da bomb! I learned that primitive camping with a bunch of teenage Boy Scouts. Costco has a case of 900 (9 x 100 count soft packs) for $20. I always have a few cases in the house at any given time.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I carry BW daily (seriously). I hate public restrooms for the #2, but if you have to go... BW makes it a lot easier, cleaner, and I don't have to fuss with the giant roll of printer paper they call tp which never gets you clean enough.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I carry BW daily (seriously). I hate public restrooms for the #2, but if you have to go... BW makes it a lot easier, cleaner, and I don't have to fuss with the giant roll of printer paper they call tp which never gets you clean enough.
    Individual hand wipes (non-alcohol) are nice for the clean up after the sand paper they call tp. They fit easily into the pocket and don't dry out unless the package is torn.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I ride bicycles constantly. In 2011, I rode 3,414 miles which were logged on the TGT fitness threads. I can assure you that if you leave ANY stuff/residue/poop/material on your back end parts before a ride, you'll end up with a huge, painful rash that takes a long time to heal. Worse, it can spread to other personal parts. Been there, done that and it gets to the point where over the counter remedies become ineffective. To the doctor you go!

Baby wipes help prevent that pain & suffering and they are a good plan.

Flash

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Along the lines of what some have already said....how did it ever come to be that the standard method for cleaning messy shit off your bunghole with dry, weak tissue paper was a good idea? I've been using wipes daily for many, many years. And when I'm somewhere, like work, where carrying wipes isn't convenient, I make my own...wet paper towels.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Along the lines of what some have already said....how did it ever come to be that the standard method for cleaning messy shit off your bunghole with dry, weak tissue paper was a good idea? I've been using wipes daily for many, many years. And when I'm somewhere, like work, where carrying wipes isn't convenient, I make my own...wet paper towels.

Because it was a major step up from pine cones.

Top Bottom