Lynx Defense

baby wipes instead of TP for SHTF (pun intended)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    think about it.
    If you are storing large amounts of TP for SHTF, TP rolls take up lots of space. Space is a premium for most of us. Baby wipes can be bought pretty cheaply if you catch them on sale and they take up much less space and can also be used for general hygiene. If you can't get a bath or a shower for awhile, at least you can clean up somewhat with a handful of wipes. You can't do that with TP.
    Target Sports

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm going to fashion wipes from all my spent brass!

J/k

The wipes is a good idea. More sanitary than TP as well. Where's the best price for bulk purchases?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm going to fashion wipes from all my spent brass!

J/k

The wipes is a good idea. More sanitary than TP as well. Where's the best price for bulk purchases?
    I don't know, that's s good question.
    Ive just recently started looking at this. We have been buying a handful at a time at HEB. The best way is just get the refill packs, not need for a fancy dispenser box as the bags are re sealable

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Whatever you do, don't go for the cheapest without first seeing what you are getting. With wipes. you definitely get what you pay for. We had been using the HEB brand for $1.88 a pack when our daughter needed them and never had any issues, but the cheaper brand, for $1 a pack, weren't worth shit! :p

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Wipe canisters must not be kept in hot vehicles etc. or they will dry out within a summer's time.

Good news, just add water to reactive because the soap is still there.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Just don't use the baby wipes if you have a septic tank. I figured "Hell, you need to pump the tank out periodically, so why not?" The wipes float and they don't degrade at all like TP. It's like flushing a washcloth down the toilet and it screws up a septic tank. Now, I have a waste can just for the wipes.

How did I learn this? The top of my black water tank collapsed and upon inspection, it was a metal tank that had rusted out completely. It was removed and replaced with a new 500 gallon tank. I'll spare you the gory details but DON'T flush those damned wipes on a septic system!

Flash

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Perhaps irrelevant to the situation being discussed, but I am reminded of Boy Scout hiking at Philmont. We took extra rolls of TP but it was called AP - for all purpose because we used it everywhere everyday (and baby wipes hadn't been invented yet).

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Just don't use the baby wipes if you have a septic tank. I figured "Hell, you need to pump the tank out periodically, so why not?" The wipes float and they don't degrade at all like TP. It's like flushing a washcloth down the toilet and it screws up a septic tank. Now, I have a waste can just for the wipes.

How did I learn this? The top of my black water tank collapsed and upon inspection, it was a metal tank that had rusted out completely. It was removed and replaced with a new 500 gallon tank. I'll spare you the gory details but DON'T flush those damned wipes on a septic system!

Flash

thats a good point to make. I don't like flushing any paper products in our septic since we only use it a few times per month.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Perhaps irrelevant to the situation being discussed, but I am reminded of Boy Scout hiking at Philmont. We took extra rolls of TP but it was called AP - for all purpose because we used it everywhere everyday (and baby wipes hadn't been invented yet).
    Yep i member those days

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    There are flushable versions that are supposed to dissolve in water over time.

Being completely honest, if you are talking "Katy bar the door" SHTF, you might as well have packages of cloth diapers and some appropriate soap.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Old socks are usable for a ton of jobs.
    Maintain boots with cream and polish
    wash rags
    gloves
    glove ass-wipes
    carry 22lr rounds
    tiny towels

instead of TP or Baby Wipes go with old socks.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Old socks are usable for a ton of jobs.

instead of TP or Baby Wipes go with old socks.
    I crap every day.. I don't have that many old socks and I;m not washing them out!

I'll stay with TP and BW plus you might spread some of that foot fungus to your anus.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I crap every day.. I don't have that many old socks and I;m not washing them out!

I'll stay with TP and BW plus you might spread some of that foot fungus to your anus.
    When I said old socks I meant the ones that are losing the elastic and getting thin. Not dirty socks. This is about survival man. Gotta wipe with something.

Top Bottom