• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I walked a guy in with a spotting scope to hit a man sized metal silhouette target at 500 yards at a shoot with a 10\22 clone. Hold over was way out there and he was almost pointing at blue sky.

nolanwb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Rowlett, Texas
    I've heard some really good things about Wolf match...the cheaper version, even. Just built a custom 10/22 with Hogue stock and Green River SS fluted bull barrel...gotta go to the range... :-D

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There's another secret to busting small targets at 200 yards. In a bigger wind, you shoot faster. One spotter is quickly followed by several for effect. The wind is variable and drops quickly so you get a few rounds off before the wind shift. I went out on Wednesday and it was blowing pretty hard. Using the fast firing technique, I was getting about 30-40% hits. That may sound bad but the misses were usually about an inch or two off target and seldom more than 8-9" off. I set elevation to zero at 200 and was holding almost 12" left to counter the cross wind. The goofy wind that comes from your rear quarter also affects vertical point of impact. That's when it gets real difficult and I'd rather fight a 90 degree crosswind.

Anyway, applying that accuracy level to busting angry adversaries........those were all hits.

Flash

Top Bottom