• ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    No sir. I googled that one.

Good, so you won't be insulted when I call it a Mall Crawler!

Honestly, it's rigs like that which drive many of us in the Jeep world nuts. Take a close look at it, there's not a speck of dirt on it or any indication that it has ever been offroad. Some people will build them just to show them off, but a Jeep needs to be taken places where it'll get scratched, muddy and generally abused! It's what they were designed for, not pristine show dogs like that one!

Cheers! M2

Revco

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Austin
    If it's just a trail/hunting Jeep that will get scratched, banged up, and dented...just rattle can it.

If it's a weekender Jeep that you want to look decent without spending a fortune...go to Maaco, or buy the supplies and do it yourself. Pre-paint prep is key here if you want your money's worth. I've seen Maaco paint jobs that would blow you away...as well as some that look like it was painted with a mop.

The bedliner material is great. It's cheap, and easy to do, but the body must be rust free underneath and must have primer and paint under the liner, otherwise it'll continue to rust beneath the liner and at a faster rate than without the liner.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Good, so you won't be insulted when I call it a Mall Crawler!

Honestly, it's rigs like that which drive many of us in the Jeep world nuts. Take a close look at it, there's not a speck of dirt on it or any indication that it has ever been offroad. Some people will build them just to show them off, but a Jeep needs to be taken places where it'll get scratched, muddy and generally abused! It's what they were designed for, not pristine show dogs like that one!

Cheers! M2

Sure, but not everyone wants their daily driver to look like a jalopy. My vehicle is banged up from offroading and from people running into, but I'm tired of it looking like that. It's time to get rid of the dents and rust for me.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    If it's just a trail/hunting Jeep that will get scratched, banged up, and dented...just rattle can it.

If it's a weekender Jeep that you want to look decent without spending a fortune...go to Maaco, or buy the supplies and do it yourself. Pre-paint prep is key here if you want your money's worth. I've seen Maaco paint jobs that would blow you away...as well as some that look like it was painted with a mop.

The bedliner material is great. It's cheap, and easy to do, but the body must be rust free underneath and must have primer and paint under the liner, otherwise it'll continue to rust beneath the liner and at a faster rate than without the liner.

True dat. You've gotta get rid of all of the problems first before you bed liner it or you're just asking for problems later on.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    gonna go bedliner route all over. cutting out some rusty metal and replacing it next week before the Line-X goes on.

I ran across a Chevy C5 Blazer that had been sprayed from head to toe with bedliner. They sprayed it kinda thick. I assume about 1/8", maybe more. It looked really good. They masked things off so it looked like a semi flat black paint job from far off.

The only issue I could see, if an issue at all, is that bedliner fades. It doesn't stay that sharp black. Then again, once it fades(after years), just rattle can some camo on top of it.

Edit: I found this..this looks good

0709tr_03_z%2B2007_gator_drag_truck_show%2Bgmc_rhino_liner.jpg

This too:
    attachment.php

Top Bottom