• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    so if one wanted to get a cheap paint job in San Antonio, where would one go?
    Old jeep, most of the prep work already done...not a show piece. Not looking for showpiece paintjob or price.
    Gun Zone Deals

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Your typical Maaco is a great place for projects that you want painted but don't need a showroom shine. I've had several projects painted at their shops through the years with good results on the cheap. The key is prepping the body as much as you can and removing anything you don't want paint on. Once you put it back together the results are not bad.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Earl Sheib paint is tough. If you prep it yourself it's fine. It may fade after a few years if they don't mix it right but a quick buff will bring it right back.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Buy or borrow a gun and compressor. Purchase lacquer paint and do it in the garage. Cheapest alternative by far. That's how my '49 is getting done.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Buy or borrow a gun and compressor. Purchase lacquer paint and do it in the garage. Cheapest alternative by far. That's how my '49 is getting done.

Lacquer can be a pain to spray...use acrylic enamel, easy to spray and very forgiving and probably the cheapest of automotive paint. JMO

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    I was looking into the Dupli-color Paint Shop auto paint. You can get the cans for primer/color/clearcoat, but I've read that it's old school lacquer paint and doesn't do well with gasoline. I don't want to have to put a rag around my fill port every time I fill up.

I'm planning on doing the Maaco Urethane+IC. Guy told me 5 year warranty and he even knocked $100 off for my samurai being so small. It's pretty much the "middle" paint job they offer.

http://maaco.com/auto-body-finish-paint-materials.aspx

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    scaled.php

This will bring the ladies. Just sayin'.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    I was looking into the Dupli-color Paint Shop auto paint. You can get the cans for primer/color/clearcoat, but I've read that it's old school lacquer paint and doesn't do well with gasoline. I don't want to have to put a rag around my fill port every time I fill up.
    or you could wait a couple seconds after pumping so you don't spill or drip it on your vehicle?? patience is crazy what it can accomplish haha

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    or you could wait a couple seconds after pumping so you don't spill or drip it on your vehicle?? patience is crazy what it can accomplish haha

Not talking about that smartass. Gas shoots out pretty much every time the handle stops on my vehicle. Even if it has the rubber shield.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    That's a nice rig, is it yours?

Those are the BFG ATs I'm gonna replace my current MTs with when it's time...

Cheers! M2

No sir. I googled that one. This is my current project truck. 85 Toyota. It's been lifted three more inches since this pic and is in pieces right now. Being murdered with some Line-X. I'll post new pics in a new thread once it's finished.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345429143.418797.jpg

Top Bottom