• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freemjj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Austin
    I did a xfr with Steve at Spreadfire Arms last week, awesomeguy. He is doing these non-profit forTGT members, kudos to him for this service!

AllJacks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I offer $25.00 transfer fees to the public, but for members I will do $10.00

I was lucky to get my guns back from you, if it was not for the ATF's advice I would be like others who as recent as June 2011, asking how, I would still be waiting. How is that ATF "Permit" progressing? Still waiting for the power grid hook up? City-County permits? (I checked) Give people their property back and quit having people try to paper your trail with form 1's and form 4's. Steve and Brad do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I was lucky to get my guns back from you, if it was not for the ATF's advice I would be like others who as recent as June 2011, asking how, I would still be waiting. How is that ATF "Permit" progressing? Still waiting for the power grid hook up? City-County permits? (I checked) Give people their property back and quit having people try to paper your trail with form 1's and form 4's. Steve and Brad do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

I am confused... is that last line sarcasm?

SteveSpread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I did a xfr with Steve at Spreadfire Arms last week, awesomeguy. He is doing these non-profit forTGT members, kudos to him for this service!

thanks! but i get $10 each weapon so its not TOTALLY not for profit, but not a bunch of cash either. some of you guys are there more often than me!

SteveSpread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I am confused... is that last line sarcasm?

what i understood it as was more correctly read as, Hey you and you, you need to do the right thing, because it's the right thing to do. Not, you and you have done the right thing.

i have no dog in that fight, but if that is true, it sounds like financial problems and possibly bad book keeping (as in ATF bound books, not financial accounting). if that is the case then when and if ATF does come around for an inspection then it is a sure fire way for ATF to shut down the business. that being said, there would be no guarantee that you'd ever get your weapon.

i hope all parties can "do the right thing."

balloo93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    I just found this thread. I'd give Steve at Spreadfire a HUGE +1. My brother and I have done several transfers through him and it always went smooth. Steve is always willing to work with your schedule to pin down a time good for you and him.

I've also recommended him to several other members as well.

TAP4SALE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    AUSTIN, TX
    Hey guys,
    Jon from JABTAC.com here.... New to the forum, but came across this thread and thought I'd throw our name out there...

- $15 Transfers in North-Central Austin for TGT Members
    - Our warehouse is across the street from the DPS Station near 2222 & N. Lamar
    - We're currently a web-based business only, no store front for walk-ins - Transfers and orders can be picked up by appointment, just give us a call at 888.995.2282 or 512.588.7845
    Nice Price from what I've seen asking around the Austin area.

SteveSpread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Austin, TX
    effective immediately i have removed my Texas Gun Talk member discount for transfers. this is because i was told by the site owners that i am not allowed to promote my business on here unless i am a site sponsor, so in the interest of fairness, i have decided to remove the discount for TGT members. my logic is by removing the discount i cannot be promoting anything.

this does not include in-bound transfers as the weapon was purchased and is in transit prior to the policy change.

for those who have benefited from the $10 transfer, if you feel this is unjust, please express your displeasure to TGT management. since i do not want to be accused of profiting from TGT members when i am offering a discount (despite 90% of you guys only use me for transfers and never buy anything else, which is fine with me) - i have decided to rescind the discount. no sense in offering a favor to TGT members if i am being accused of promoting my business.

sorry to those of you who enjoyed the discount.

now if you have another membership somewhere that would qualify for the discount let me know....that'll get y'all searching.

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    Check out Motorcycle Parts Limited in Cedar Creek area.
    512-303-2472
    Bill is a standup guy and only charges 25.00 or so for transfers.
    He's also a CHL instructor and one of the best offroad motorcycle suspension guys in Texas.
    I'm not affiliated with the shop but have done business with him for almost 25 years.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    +1 to Steve, if you are up north he is a great guy and I did all my transfers through him before I got my FFL. He also does NFA and I got all my cans through him.

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    Just FYI, Tom on North Burnet Road ain't bad either. I don't want to get in trouble for violating any board policy, but it shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

hardcase60

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot OVER... I can understand if someone starts a self serving promotion thread, but someone who was doing the member base a solid getting in trouble?? Sorry just doesn't seem right to me.... Not my site, so just take my opinion for what it is worth.

jm1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Re: Link to FFL dealers

Gts has the best price. They only charge $10 per firearm. They can take a long time to process the transfer, but for a few extra bucks they will expedite the process.

Top Bottom