• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 512Ram

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas
    I'm currently looking to buy a new handgun and so far i'm most likely going to buy it online from gunbroker.

I thought it would be nice to have a list of FFL's that accept transfers and list their fees.

Here's what i got so far, feel free to reply with any information you have and i will add it to this post.

[SIZE=+2]Red's Indoor Range[/SIZE]
    [FONT=Verdana, Comic Sans MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Comic Sans MS, Arial, Helvetica]6200 Highway 290 West
    Austin, Texas
    (512) 892-4867 [Voice]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    FFL Transfer Fee: $50
    (Anyone know if north location is same price?)

[SIZE=+2]Gary Gerding[/SIZE]
    537 B Woodward St.
    Austin, TX 78704
    512-496-7430
    FFL Transfer Fee: $35.00 ($5 CHL Discount)

[SIZE=+2]Hank Fleming[/SIZE]
    4722 S. Congress Ave
    Austin, TX 78745512 445 6339
    FFL Transfer Fee: $40.00

[SIZE=+2]GTDistributors Austin[/SIZE]
    2545 Brockton Drive
    Suite 100
    Austin, TX 78758
    512-451-8298
    FFL Transfer Fee: $25.00

[SIZE=+2]Gary Foster[/SIZE]
    8703 Hwy. 290 W.
    Austin, TX 78736
    512-288-2324
    FFL Transfer Fee: $25.00

Gun Zone Deals

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Ram send me a PM or an email i have a guy that will do it for $7 - $10 .. He is nice and unless family issues arise very responsive. He is in north Austin. So unless you live in kyle or something the drive is worth it at $2.30 a gallon.

jeremy

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    $50 for 10 minutes worth of paperwork and a toll free phone call. Damn I'm in the worng business.

Parker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Buda, TX
    Ram send me a PM or an email i have a guy that will do it for $7 - $10 .. He is nice and unless family issues arise very responsive. He is in north Austin. So unless you live in kyle or something the drive is worth it at $2.30 a gallon.

jeremy

Email sent...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    $50 for 10 minutes worth of paperwork and a toll free phone call. Damn I'm in the worng business.

It's more of a process than you think.

You have to first receive the FFL info, fax ours off, receive the firearm, log it into your books, call the owner to come get it, store it until the owner comes and gets it, have the owner fill out a 4473, call it in, log it out of your books, and file the 4473 away. That's assuming it's not damaged.

At any point of the way there is a mistake you can have your FFL revoked.

By the time you take out all of the labor and fees you really are only making 50% of the original charge. It's the same with guns, by the time you take that $75 profit on a Glock it's really not much in the end.

$531.95 + Tax = $575.84
    CC Fees = $17.28
    Labor = $15
    Shipping = $10
    ------------
    Profit = $39.72

More expensive guns translate to more margin because of the labor and shipping are roughly the same. All in, we make 8 - 15% tops on a sale. It's fair money, but it's also why we don't do discounts. Larger companies offer better deals because they have far greater buying power. Companies like CDNN purchase huge lots of the guns at a significantly lower price and can get presumably the same margin, but with much, much higher volume.

The guns and transfers really don't make us much money in the long term. What really pays the bills are the range fees, ammo, targets, CHL classes, sight-ins, and accessories.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    I am well aware of the process. Search my past post to find out how I know about the process.

The post was about transfer fees not the dealer ordering a gun for the buyer. This is for a gun the buyer bought on line and had shipped to a local FFL for transfer.

Ups drops off package unexpected package
    Sign for it
    Open package
    remove senders FFL (if it came from another FFL) (FFL can accept a shippment for a non-license holder)

Buyer arrives
    Fills out 4473
    Check ID confirm 4473 is correctly executed
    Call NICS toll free number spending 3 to 5 minutes on the phone
    collect transfer fee from buyer
    complete transfer
    log out of bound book
    done.

Gun broker sellers can look up and confirm an FFL on the internet and, OOPS, forget to call them and tell them the gun is one the way. FFL has no idea it is coming until UPS drops it off.

Some times it is not about the money. It can be considered a service to foster a good long term relationship with the customer encouraging them to consider you first the next time.

Ric_Knight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    San Marcos
    If your in or near San Marcos, Cash Box Pawn, 1515 Aquarena Springs Dr, San Marcos, TX 78666-7261 (512) 558-7296 Charges $30.00.

I have bought several guns from them and they're good people.

SteveSpread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Austin, TX
    i normally do transfers for $20, unless you are a texasguntalk.com member then it is $10.

i am an FFL in NW Austin on Anderson Mill Road near 183, 1 block east of Heritage Firearms.

Spreadfire Arms
    Austin, TX
    512-423-1593 (cell)
    email: spreadfirearms*at*aol*dot*com

email is preferred method of contact.

so.....tell me you're on TGT.com and its $10 for a regular gun, $50 for a Class III Transfer.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Mighty Fine of you Spreadfire ..

If i had a million in the bank.... I would start a shop on south congress. FFL, Sot, Smith, you name it.. I have to drive miles to find a good deal.. get a title 2 transfer, you name it. I need to stop complaining though considering we still have the right to buy the weapons we want..

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You should have the right to complain about a lack of service.

I work at a gun store, and I see what we could be, yet ... alas, I'm not in a position to change it.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Well i know owning and operating any business is not easy, being an employee of any business can also be a trying experience. So if it was a hobby and money was not the main objective I would love to bring all the things i (and many of the local gun enthusiasts i know) need into a centralized Austin location.. Oh and did I mention the 1000 yard range I would have just outside of town?

A future goal of mine is some day have the means to start a non profit to grow the outdoor sports. Everyone that I know or have met that questions or demonizes my passion for the sport the first thing I ask them is, "have you ever tried it." Of course the answer is just about always no. Ive never seen any of my anti-gun or anti-hunting friends shoot my suppressors for the first time or hit their first clay pigeon without a gigantic smile on their face, and at the end of the day say that was "FUN"

I know i kinda just switched gears right there but I don't agree with some gun owners idea that the "don't ask don't tell" method is the right way to go. I want more involvement, more education, more gun stores!. Of course im only talking about Texas though. I dont trust any of those other people..

android

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Austin, TX
    What really pays the bills are the range fees, ammo, targets, CHL classes, sight-ins, and accessories.

GT just did an incoming xfer for me. Went very quickly and smoothly. $25 for the xfer.

But I bought a bore snake and a brass brush in .40 since this was a new caliber for me, so they did make a profit on accessories.

An opportunity the place that charges $50 won't have even though I am there weekly to shoot. They get money only for my range time, but I try avoid buying other stuff if I can help it.

SteveSpread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Austin, TX
    some dealers charge high transfer fees because they simply don't want to handle a transfer. i don't do it for a profit, and i certainly don't do it for just anyone. some people are such a pain in the butt i will never do one for them again for any amount.

the sword cuts two ways....there is an "asshole surcharge" if you earn that.

pwrincross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Pflugerville,TX
    Link to FFL dealers

Here is a link where you can find a dealer. You need to scroll down to the bottom of the screen and put in your zip code and it will list dealers in your area. it also lists their prices.
    [url]http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp[/URL]

P.S. I hope this link works. it did when i tried it again but you know hyperlinks. can work one minute and then not work a minute later.

Top Bottom