• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I would not think a church would run a background check on one of its congregation that volunteered for the security team.

Possible, but not smart on their part. The misdemeanor may not show up, but running a BGC seems like simple CYA before letting someone represent you in a formal setting. My MIL had a BGC run to volunteer as a Sunday school teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Something's off about this. My cousin knows the pastor (she's a pastor in the Austin area) and he was pretty adamant that not only did it happen, but they saw the guys on video before the dude went out to see what they were up to.

And now suddenly it's a hoax? Hmmmm...

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Interesting, but would that not show up in a background check? One would assume a church setting up a security apparatus would run BGC on the folks applying.
    That would be a Class C misdemeanor, I believe. He would still be able to get a LTC. LTC's are pretty much like showing you are a card carrying good guy. You need a Class B or A to not get a LTC. So if he had an LTC, then the church may have bypassed the background check because the state already said they trusted him to carry a gun.

Top Bottom