APOD Firearms

ATF to require gun buyers information in multiple buys in 4 border states.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    So if you go and buy 1 gun at a shop, go to 9 different shops, couldn't you buy 10 guns in a day and bypass the rule? Unless they release a new 4473 with a question on how long it has been since you purchased the targeted weapon, no one will ever know....
    How many times a day is it written on a gun forum that gun control laws are stupid and/or nonsensical?
    What if I went and bought 10 Plum Crazy AR-15 Lowers from one place, would that qualify, or is it whole rifles only?

By law, a lower is not a rifle. Buy a couple cases while you're there :)

P.S. Buy a case or two of these, too, while you're at it.
    ARJ Defense ad

DaRedneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently the report I heard that this was shot down was wrong or hasn't kicked in yet. One of the LGS I go to just got their letter from the BATFE about an hour ago. Jim said it states that he is required to report all multiple rifle sales. He called the NRA and they asked him if he would participate in a class action lawsuit and he said he would so they are sending an attorney out to talk to him. He will be on the Outlaw Dave show on 950 AM on Monday to talk about it if anyone is interested. Station is local to Houston but it can be streamed on the internet and on the iHeartRadio app.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Apparently the report I heard that this was shot down was wrong or hasn't kicked in yet. One of the LGS I go to just got their letter from the BATFE about an hour ago. Jim said it states that he is required to report all multiple rifle sales. He called the NRA and they asked him if he would participate in a class action lawsuit and he said he would so they are sending an attorney out to talk to him. He will be on the Outlaw Dave show on 950 AM on Monday to talk about it if anyone is interested. Station is local to Houston but it can be streamed on the internet and on the iHeartRadio app.

Yeah the bill that would have stopped it died in the Senate

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    So if you go and buy 1 gun at a shop, go to 9 different shops, couldn't you buy 10 guns in a day and bypass the rule? Unless they release a new 4473 with a question on how long it has been since you purchased the targeted weapon, no one will ever know....

What if I went and bought 10 Plum Crazy AR-15 Lowers from one place, would that qualify, or is it whole rifles only?

Don't know. Are they in the "Other" box or "Rifle"?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And it says over .22 caliber. AK-74 is good to go!

But seriously, this is what Gun Runner was about. To create a fake crisis so they could "justify" more gun control.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Buy two Ruger 10/22 for your kids ... get reported to the ATF.

Sorry, but Mexico's problem doesn't start in the United States. Yet again, we'd be better off sealing the gaps in the border. Not that it'd stop it completely, but it'd make their jobs a hell of alot harder. I'm sure alot of our boys and girls in the military would absolutely love to sit on our border, I know I would if I were in their shoes. Make it all Texas based troops, that way they can go home to their families regularly by just driving up I-10 or IH35.

Sorry, I would not want to sit on the border under this broiling sun, and have to spend half a day or more to drive home when my shift is over.

Boys and girls are too young to serve in uniform.

If you want the Armed Forces of the United States (not military) to permanently patrol the border, you will have to establish border camps, and that would require the encampment on private property.

Then, we would have to build Post Exchanges, hospitals, air-conditioned dormitories, recreation centers, motor parks, and all the other things that Volunteer Troops deserve.

I doubt this will fly with the land-owners.

The Trans-Texas-Corridor failed, and it would in no way compare to the massive confiscation of private lands on the border for permanent military installations.

Instead, declare the border with Mexico a militarily sensitive zone, rotate troops on temporary duty,
    and give them the authority to repel any and all invaders with lethal force.

Any other course of action would be folly if we wish to stem the flood of drugs and human trafficking.

Be well.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    .223 is not over .22 either, they should have said .220.

Yep. .223 Remington is .224" diameter. .22 caliber for the win.

I think they meant .22 Long Rifle, but I'm not about to correct them. They said it, and it means what it says. Not what they meant it to mean.

Top Bottom