• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The people who have observed that the coming changes will improve things have oft been shot down in flames.

The silencershop fingerprint scanning kiosks are a sigh that the changes in the law might just make NFA applications better!!!
    http://t.lt02.net/q/f5HFV6iGjl8v40BQFydwAUlduyci6H9aH4WEzyAvsZxPAvXQRzhInBXS0

http://blog.silencershop.com/atf-41f-is-not-the-end/

Those whom choose to embrace rather that oppose change will win in the long game.
    Seriously? Tell me you are being sarcastic!

Good thing you aren't
    1. black
    2 Hispanic
    3 gay
    4 female
    5 a chl/LTC holder
    6 an open carrier
    7. LtGT marriage
    8. Transgender rights

The reason that these groups have successfully pushed their agendas and expanded their rights is because they simply refused to compromise on anything. They would no more accept a law such as this that discriminates against them even a little bit. However the majority of gun owners are more than willing to compromise their rights.

This attitude is unacceptable in the 2nd Amendment community.

How does forcing background checks on everyone, and fingerprints and photographs on the vast majority of people who buy the stuff make it better for anyone?

This goes back to what I've been preaching about incrementalism.

It is an incremental steps to getting each and every Firearm owner used to
    1 submitting fingerprints for every gun purchase
    2 submit photographs for every gun purchase and
    3 for submitting a form with every gun purchase and
    4 waiting 6 to 12 months to get your gun.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    My question said nothing about RPs and was not intended to reference the RP discussion. I was commenting on someone else's suggestion to create a new trust with the Grantor and only the Grantor on it. I don't think that is legit and I think that trust will fail. There must be more than one person on a trust, even if that second person is just a Beneficiary. That is my understanding but I'm hoping someone with legal knowledge can clear it up.

RPs were correctly mentioned in my answer because that's why people are talking about creating trusts that list only themselves as the RP (settlor/grantor and trustees are considered RPs under 41F). Since beneficiaries are not considered RPs, people can list them freely on their trust and therefore do not need to worry about the potential legal problem you ponder. As to that specific question, I believe you may be right that a trust should, at a minimum, contain a beneficiary so if settlor/trustee dies there is a succession plan for the trust assets. The work around people are saying above (including me in the OP) is to have a trust that only lists yourself as an RP (settlor/trustee), but still have a beneficiary (which takes care of the problem you ponder). Then they can add additional trustees at a later date. I know that jives, because Sean and other trust attorneys have set up plenty of trusts like that which essentially has 1 person who has all the possession rights and a beneficiary named for worst case scenario.

Last edited:

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Is there a short answer as to why?
    Yes, the short answer is because you can change it, you can amend it, You keep control of the property owned by the trust, you can add people to it take people off of it, you can add beneficiaries remove beneficiaries it at your leisure.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    It's kind of funny to watch the inventory at CA rapidly selling out. Reminds me of Black Friday. I need to decide Wednesday if I'm gonna do a new trust or amend current one.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    It's kind of funny to watch the inventory at CA rapidly selling out. Reminds me of Black Friday. I need to decide Wednesday if I'm gonna do a new trust or amend current one.

I know. I'd love to form 1 a pap92, . . . But the one I want won't be in stock anytime soon. Guess I better start scoping out the fingerprinting places.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    My question said nothing about RPs and was not intended to reference the RP discussion. I was commenting on someone else's suggestion to create a new trust with the Grantor and only the Grantor on it. I don't think that is legit and I think that trust will fail. There must be more than one person on a trust, even if that second person is just a Beneficiary. That is my understanding but I'm hoping someone with legal knowledge can clear it up.
    This is correct The trust fails in this scenario

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I will update the link to the Form 5320.23 that does not have a "draft" watermark across it. I noticed this form has a space for the passport photo to be attached, so I presume I attach that photo. Does anyone know if the 5320.23 is supposed to have fingerprints attached, or do those only go to ATF? I need to do some more reading and I'll try to compile an easy 1-2-3 step process.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Can someone fill me in on all this? I am having a trust done, but really don't understand all of this right now.

Trust no longer needed?

Individuals can now buy NFA items without having the local sherriff sign off?

New rules?

This is some confusing stuff.

Links to threads explaining it all would be appreciated.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom