• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It really is that simple. You could add extra digits to the trust name to help keep them semi-sorted for filing purposes. CHARLIE NFA TRUST1, CHARLIE NFA TRUST2, etc.

I would suggest maybe CHARLIE 1 NFA TRUST instead of TRUST1 - as the word "Trust" tells you what it is and may have the legal implication.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Revocable is the way to go

This is not silencerGeddon.

We will still be purchasing suppressors and short barreled rifles after July 13th

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    BOA will notarize for free but they won't witness. They will go out on the line in the lobby and ask random customers to come into the office to sign as the witness. Weird.
    Why would you need a witness for a trust in Texas?

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    And remember, the notary only has to see the page you sign, the rest of it is none of their business (they are just verifying your identity).
    Lots of notaries forget that they are not lawyers and want to read the document and comment on it.

They do not need to read it.

They're only function, and you might have to remind them of this, is to notarize your signature and confirm that you are who you say you are.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Yep, the notary has no need to read the document, but they do need to know something basic about what the document is so that they know what type of notarization to perform, and so that they can log it into their notary book (refer to https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2015/04/5-steps-proper-notarization ). I find it best to work with the same notary each time so that there is a minimum of confusion and it's just zip zip zip done.

Last edited:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    You can name all the beneficiaries you want, they are NOT considered Responsible Persons. Therefore beneficiaries will not need to submit fingerprints, photo, or CLEO notice. The above posts are recommending limiting the number of trustees, since they are considered RPs.

Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    You can name all the beneficiaries you want, they are NOT considered Responsible Persons. Therefore beneficiaries will not need to submit fingerprints, photo, or CLEO notice. The above posts are recommending limiting the number of trustees, since they are considered RPs.

It sounds like I actually need to READ my trust. :clown::clown:

I have no clue what my family are listed as.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    The trust will essentially discuss 3 types of people. Settlors (who create the trust); Trustees (whom the trust appoints to carry out certain functions); and Beneficiaries (who inherit).

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Why would you need a witness for a trust in Texas?
    I'd have to ask a lawyer... :)

Seriously, though, the witness wasn't for a trust. The bank simply required a witness signature on everything they notarize but they wouldn't let a bank employee do the witnessing. We had to provide one. Since we didn't bring a third party, they went out and dragged in a customer who was waiting in line.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I'd have to ask a lawyer... :)

Seriously, though, the witness wasn't for a trust. The bank simply required a witness signature on everything they notarize but they wouldn't let a bank employee do the witnessing. We had to provide one. Since we didn't bring a third party, they went out and dragged in a customer who was waiting in line.
    I'm sorry, that isnot the bank's call. You should have taken that notaries name and reported her to the notary board

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Last edited:

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The people who have observed that the coming changes will improve things have oft been shot down in flames.

The silencershop fingerprint scanning kiosks are a sigh that the changes in the law might just make NFA applications better!!!
    http://t.lt02.net/q/f5HFV6iGjl8v40BQFydwAUlduyci6H9aH4WEzyAvsZxPAvXQRzhInBXS0

http://blog.silencershop.com/atf-41f-is-not-the-end/

Those whom choose to embrace rather that oppose change will win in the long game.

The inability to submit eforms, getting passport photos and fingerprints (even at a Kiosk) for every single person, and the reality that BATFE will be doing background checks and processing for everyone, makes me believe that 41F will definitely NOT make NFA applications better.

Heading back to year long waits. Trust me.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I'm not sure what to expect on wait times. I'm positive the pre41f Rush will probably significantly impact current wait times (which are approx 6 months). But if even half of the folks who claimed "never again" actually never purchase again after 41f, I wonder if we might see the times go down. Then I read posts like yours and can't disagree with that logic either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here

My question said nothing about RPs and was not intended to reference the RP discussion. I was commenting on someone else's suggestion to create a new trust with the Grantor and only the Grantor on it. I don't think that is legit and I think that trust will fail. There must be more than one person on a trust, even if that second person is just a Beneficiary. That is my understanding but I'm hoping someone with legal knowledge can clear it up.

Top Bottom