• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Sucks about the car X8. Hopefully it isn't too serious.

Will be bringing .22 handgun and rifle, 9mm handguns, M1 Garand, and a shotgun.
    Probably won't shoot all of them but better to have than not.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I'll be starting things on the 50 yard lanes and should be there for a while. Might switch over to 25 yards at some point for a little off-hand practice.

I'll be in tan pants and a blue t-shirt, possibly a blue windbreaker if it's cool/windy enough. Just look for the grey hair!

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Here waiting for them to open.

Wearing jeans with a white pullover.

Going to be shooting on 50 for a while then might head down to 100. Going to tinker with the torque settings on the .22 and see if that improves things.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Is anyone going Sunday morning the 12th?

It turns out my car problem was operator error.... My wife told me my car was honking in the garage. A little while later she said all of the windows were rolled down and the sunroof open. I tried to roll them back up, but only the driver window worked. Long story short, the key fob was in my pocket and the unlock button somehow was held down, which rolls down all the windows and the sunroof. The window lock prevented me from rolling the others up. I laugh about it now, but I thought it was damn weird at the time. Damn new fangled cars... :)

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Is anyone going Sunday morning the 12th?

Yup, I'll be out there bright and early.

I'm testing out a borrowed stock to see if my OEM synthetic is holding me back or if it's something else (ammo, barrel, ME, etc.). I should be on the 50 yard lanes for most of the morning although I may bump over to the 25 yard lanes for a little off-hand practice.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    No can do tomorrow. Gonna try and hit it Tuesday morning when it isn't so crowded. I am out for next weekend's Rimfire Rangers get together as well.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Saw an interesting juxtaposition at the range today...

European family (Dutch, Swedish, ?) all dressed up in slim athletic wear with Dad coaching the teenage son and daughter on prone and off-hand use of their biathlon-grade Anschütz 22LR rifles...

... while on the next bench over...

Urban Commando guy with tactical boots and vest blasts away (verging on rapid fire) with his AR-styled, way-over-tricked-out Springfield M1A SOCOM... oh, and this was on the 50 yard lanes.

Finesse versus brute force... it was quite the sight for anyone that noticed.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Saw an interesting juxtaposition at the range today...

European family (Dutch, Swedish, ?) all dressed up in slim athletic wear with Dad coaching the teenage son and daughter on prone and off-hand use of their biathlon-grade Anschütz 22LR rifles...

... while on the next bench over...

Urban Commando guy with tactical boots and vest blasts away (verging on rapid fire) with his AR-styled, way-over-tricked-out Springfield M1A SOCOM... oh, and this was on the 50 yard lanes.

Finesse versus brute force... it was quite the sight for anyone that noticed.

would have liked to see that

cryption

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2014
    Houston
    I'll be out shooting skeet again tomorrow morning. I'll arrive around 10 if things go according to plan. I'll bring an extra gun!

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I will be at ASC in the morning sighting in a PTR-91. I want to try out some new glass on it. I'll toss a 10/22 in the mix just for fun....

Sugarland, I probably would have gone today, but saw your post too late...

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Man was it crowded this morning. At 9:15 every 50yd and 100yd lane was in use with others waiting. Even the normally chained off 100yd was open. Hopefully this will stop when hunting season ends....

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Rifle season opens next weekend for deer. I think that was what you experienced. Everyone making certain it won't be the rifles fault if they miss.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom