Military Camp

Are we done sport shaming and playing cancel culture? Cause the stars are going to the finals.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm a guy who loves hockey in person especially as close to the glass and penalty box as you can sit. It can get down right sporty down there with the players from other teams and fans. Blood flowing is not a rare event.

Anyways the Dallas Stars are in the finals. Right on.

Shame away. I still like to watch several sports. Even though Imn not happy with many things. They wont get my money till I feel they are worthy but I'm not playing the libtard cancel ban and boycott game. We will all be raggedy assed naked and starving if we ban cancel and boycott everything.

Good job stars.
    Lynx Defense

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You're giving money to the communists trying to take over the country. Just keep that in mind.
    I ain't giving shit to no body. Havnt been to a game or race in nearly 20 years and dont buy merch. Cant avoid some money trickling down to them from tv and taxes. Even you cable cutters.

Look all sports know people are pissed at them by way of attendance, ratings and merch sales.

Double phuck the NBA with lebron James cock for their unamerican communist cum guzzling cuck behavior. Dont even know who is on what team.

Barely watched football for several years. Which hurts.

Still good to see the stars get to the finals.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I hope the Stars win. Not because I give a damn about hockey but for my friend. He’s been a stars fan since we were kids and 9/25 will be the one yr anniversary of his fathers heart attack at a Stars game. It’s a shame his dad isn’t around to see them in the finals and I think it would mean a lot to him if they won.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I was a huge Stars fan back in the late 90s and early 2000s. My interest waned in the last 15 years or more of mediocrity. I would have loved watching this playoff run , but I’m not gonna do it. I just can’t support any of the professional sports these days because of politics.

Let‘s be clear about this. These leagues and teams are the ones that decided to bring their politics to their stadiums and arenas. They did that knowing that they would alienate some portion of their fans. So now it’s time for those fans to deliver their own message to the teams.

If we don’t, then they’ll never learn and will become even more emboldened to continue mixing politics with their sports.

You can rationalize all you want, but watching and investing emotional energy in a team is supporting them. And supporting them is validating their politics.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    It has been tough for me to watch spoiled, overpaid, politically ignorant athletes giving "legitimacy" to very illegitimate BS orgs who are masking their true nature and purpose. This is some very dangerous crap going on. When it started in the NFL I was not surprised, when the NBA took it up I really thought "who cares?" BUT when MLB and NHL took it up I was done with all the crap. NOW even college teams are trying to dictate their ignorance on the rest of us.

I will not support them no more than I support Starbucks or Target or Hollywood or any other corporation that tries to lecture me on my rights and choices. They are in the entertainment business or the retail business. They can stick their ill-informed political beliefs up their azz and I will take my $ to the folks who are not judging me and my beliefs.

To each their own. I, for one, will not give the Stars, Cowboys or Rangers another thought, much less my $, until they get back to doing what they are supposed to be doing and NOT lecturing me about what I choose to do or not.

Perhaps other folks "tolerance" is better than mine. MY TOLERANCE IS OVER. Shut up and play.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Watching them increases their advertising revenue. The more eyeballs on their product, the more they can charge for advertising spots. No eyeballs, no advertising revenue. This is why Nielsen ratings became a household term.

No professional sport will ever again have me as a watcher -- has nothing to do with me cancelling them. They chose a political side. That means they reject the opposing political side. And that opposing political side is where I live. So they "cancelled" me, and they can live with that decision until they go bankrupt.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm a guy who loves hockey in person especially as close to the glass and penalty box as you can sit. It can get down right sporty down there with the players from other teams and fans. Blood flowing is not a rare event.

Anyways the Dallas Stars are in the finals. Right on.

Shame away. I still like to watch several sports. Even though Imn not happy with many things. They wont get my money till I feel they are worthy but I'm not playing the libtard cancel ban and boycott game. We will all be raggedy assed naked and starving if we ban cancel and boycott everything.

Good job stars.
    Not shaming you or anyone. I just don’t care about 99% of professional sports. If it makes you happy, have at it.
    I don’t care and it doesn’t bother me in the least that you enjoy it.

The sport I follow, very few people even know about...lol..
    The athletes are not paid well, beat their bodies to hell and hope for endorsements for income.

Several of the US based athletes I follow on IG, posted pro American content on Sept 11th and we not ashamed of it.
    When they take the stage at an event with athletes from other countries, they walk out holding the USA flag high in the air. And sell clothing with the US Flag all over it.
    It’s easy to like a guy who loves America and the opportunity it has given him being born here.
    E51FAA3E-357E-451F-A9CD-AAAD05DC1E39.jpeg

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I'm not watching the Stanley Cup playoffs either but i hope they win it. It will be tough the Lightning are a very good team.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not shaming you or anyone. I just don’t care about 99% of professional sports. If it makes you happy, have at it.
    I don’t care and it doesn’t bother me in the least that you enjoy it.

The sport I follow, very few people even know about...lol..
    The athletes are not paid well, beat their bodies to hell and hope for endorsements for income.

Several of the US based athletes I follow on IG, posted pro American content on Sept 11th and we not ashamed of it.
    When they take the stage at an event with athletes from other countries, they walk out holding the USA flag high in the air. And sell clothing with the US Flag all over it.
    It’s easy to like a guy who loves America and the opportunity it has given him being born here.
    View attachment 227062
    I don't follow the strong man comps much, but I really enjoy Robert Obersts channel. He's quite the character.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I may watch some of it. Not a big hockey fan but it’s cool that the Stars are in the finals. I’m more of a football & racing guy. I like baseball but the Rangers have traded off many good players so they gave up pretty early on this 60 game season. As far as protest I’m working my way through them. It’s been minimal in baseball & racing. We’ll see where the NFL goes with this as the season progresses. College football is a total dumpster fire this year. They’re lost as Hogan’s goat (I don’t know what that means but I’ve heard it my whole life)

I got no time for the BLM NBA. **** them.

Go Stars!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Here's my take on a boycott: For the most part, I'm against organized boycotts. As the OP pointed out, if we let every utterance we didn't like turn us against sports or movies or whatever, it wouldn't be long before we didn't participate in anything.

But the key is "organized". I'm personally, deeply offended by what's going on in pro sports (and to a lesser degree in college sports) with the disrespect shown to our flag, our country, our way of life, our veterans, and our police. I refuse to attend the games, don't watch them on TV, don't buy the merchandise, and avoid other media that profits off of the sports (ESPN). I'm not going to rally others to do the same and I'm not going to work a picket line. But I am going to eliminate the money they might make off of me and I hope that enough others do the same so that those greedy bastards get the point.

When I was young, communists were recognized as our mortal enemies. They are still our enemies, no matter how they dress up their programs. (i.e., putting lipstick on a pig). BLM is a thinly disguised communist front that is hell-bent on taking over this country. That's not my opinion - you can check the facts yourself. And for all this disrespect and crap to be coming from a bunch of billionaire owners and multi-millionaire, spoiled players is just too much to ignore.

Many days I look at this stuff and wonder if our country has finally reached a point of collapse. Am I just part of the final generation of Americans that believe in freedom and the hope that this country has stood for for so many years? Reagan's "Shining City on the Hill" (a phrase derived from the parable of Salt and Light in Jesus's Sermon on the Mount). The fight may be hopeless, but I hope to make it memorable.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    I ain't giving shit to no body. Havnt been to a game or race in nearly 20 years and dont buy merch. Cant avoid some money trickling down to them from tv and taxes. Even you cable cutters.

Look all sports know people are pissed at them by way of attendance, ratings and merch sales.

Double phuck the NBA with lebron James cock for their unamerican communist cum guzzling cuck behavior. Dont even know who is on what team.

Barely watched football for several years. Which hurts.

Still good to see the stars get to the finals.
    Well, it is wonderful how you are holding it all inside., :roflsmile:

Top Bottom