• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    No interest in 'Bling' at all but a quality made firearm "looks" very good to me.

Side note: I still like to make a pistol "look" good too by keeping it in good condition and sometimes applying nice grips.

So I guess looks do matter.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Depends on what it is. Of course it has to function well and be dependable, but appearance to me is important... Some guns are just UGLY and i have no desire to own them when such beautiful guns are available. Its not like you have to choose 1 or the other because its impossible to have something that does both.

JOe

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I think looks naturally come with high quality (not talking about bling here). Sloppy built cheap firearms just don't "look" nearly as good as a high quality piece.

Therefore, I vote 4 out of 5 on looks.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    my RIA

got it used had for 6mos now black hawk serpa holster a few scars from drawing
    to me she is a beauty also just got a kel-tec pf9 not pretty but the flash on the end is mahvalus: beatuies one and all

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    It rates a 4 to me. I have owned some guns that worked well but were but ugly.
    I have two Glocks now, and I can't say that Glocks are the ugliest guns I have ever owned.
    But looks are important.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Well built guns have a beauty to them, IMHO. But that's not the only reason for purchase. A Luger is a beautiful gun, but the ones I've seen have a bad tendency to jam. (There's a good reason that that mechanism is so rarely used on pistols.)

I do have a friend that only buys guns that have gold on them. I don't understand the fascination, but I've watched him literally drool over a Browning shotgun with a gold plated trigger.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    From a self-defense standpoint, I believe that looks could potentially be important. If you're up against an unarmed mugger and you pull a gun, they're probably just going to run away. With that in mind, you want said mugger to think that you're holding a real firearm and not just an airsoft gun. They're more likely to run if they think you have a real gun instead of a Nerf gun, and I'd rather have them run away then charge at me thinking that my gun isn't real and that they can just stab me and take my money which would require me to shoot. For a self defense gun, I'd have to say 4.5.

But for other guns, 3/5. I like looks but if it's accurate and does what I want it to, then I'll get it (if it's on my list).

Top Bottom