• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Oh man, half of Seattle (IIRC, the Chaz included) is built on a man made mountain of soil that given the right quake, is going to liquefy (soil liquefaction is scary shit when you research it) and the city will literally slide into Puget Sound.
    Not only that, a good portion of downtown Seattle is built on top of, well, downtown Seattle of 1889, after the "Great Seattle Fire".
    Venture Surplus ad

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Just read a short article about the mayor of Olympia WA getting her house vandalized by these BLM, Antifa, whatever people.
    In the past this same mayor supported these anarchists but now they're "domestic terrorists".
    Kinds sucks when the monster you created turns on you huh sweetheart.
    LMAO!

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Oh man, half of Seattle (IIRC, the Chaz included) is built on a man made mountain of soil that given the right quake, is going to liquefy (soil liquefaction is scary shit when you research it) and the city will literally slide into Puget Sound.

Liquefaction aka The All-Star of the San Francisco 1906 Earthquake and Conflagration Bonanza.

It's bad news.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just read a short article about the mayor of Olympia WA getting her house vandalized by these BLM, Antifa, whatever people.
    In the past this same mayor supported these anarchists but now they're "domestic terrorists".
    Kinds sucks when the monster you created turns on you huh sweetheart.
    LMAO!

Yep, there's a thread here somewhere about it.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Mt. Rainier is more a threat to Tacoma and Puyallup as far as flow goes, not that Seattle wouldn't be affected.

Its more the ash that will coat the city, like when St. Helens blew in 80. I was born a year after, so I've only seen pictures, and we had jars full of St Helens ash my grandparents kept of the stuff. Depending on wind direction, maybe Seattle would OK from ash. They might not fair as well if a big quake precedes the eruption though.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Its more the ash that will coat the city, like when St. Helens blew in 80. I was born a year after, so I've only seen pictures, and we had jars full of St Helens ash my grandparents kept of the stuff. Depending on wind direction, maybe Seattle would OK from ash. They might not fair as well if a big quake precedes the eruption though.
    I was living in Seattle when St. Helens blew, (I was actually fishing in the hills above Renton), there was just a hint of ash in Seattle. Yakima (eastern Washington) got covered in over 6" of ash. I used to have a jar of ash myself that I got visiting my folks in Kennewick, even farther east.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    that happened last week

CHOP is

Capitol Hill Organized Protest.

Chaz was
    Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

It was changed as if its a protest over an autonomous zone then its ok under the law :)
    Just wondering. Is there someone in charge that made that decision? The head honcho, the king, the benevolent leader, der furher?

Top Bottom