Capitol Armory ad

Anyone willing to make some hand loads for me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I need to get stocked up on my 308 definitely because the Oct meet is coming up soon.
    You're an optimistic man if you think you'll do much shooting, much less precision shooting, during the meet. The events are for showing off your toys, firing 2 shots from each, then spending the rest of the day running your mouth and sharing good food with good people. The actual shooting is wholly secondary. Hell, you could show up completely empty-handed and do just as much shooting as most of us; people will be handing you firearms and ammo left and right.

The shooting is fun but come for the people.
    Hurley's Gold

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    By all means, read the manuals first. Lee does have a good book with lots of good easy understand info. Understanding the steps is as important as what goes into each round. But so is understanding why you DON'T do certain things. Videos won't share that part.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

jazzman709

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2016
    Thanks...need to learn and master these skills, because it looks like a change is coming....

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

jazzman709

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2016
    If that used press deal falls thru let me know...Im in Carrollton

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Glad you found someone near you. I am in McKinney if that falls thru.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Thank you McKinney is about the same distance. I used to rent an apartment off eldorado and my parents used to have a house in mckinney ranch. I think the road was Savannah Dr

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Your powers of concentration are admirable. I couldn't have done that. I'm serious.
    I spent most of the day at the 100 yard. Only went to the pistol bays a handful of times. I was there when the instructor had an accidental discharge into the ground with my wife standing about 3 feet away from him.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That was the guy that blamed the gun for malfunctioning, then continued using said gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TejasRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    DFW
    Thank you McKinney is about the same distance. I used to rent an apartment off eldorado and my parents used to have a house in mckinney ranch. I think the road was Savannah Dr

I'm in the mid-cities area and recently started getting my reloading setup together. I'm probably 3-4 weeks away from putting together my first batch but I wouldn't mind hearing how things are going for you. I'll be reloading .308 and .223/5.56.

TXAARON

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    1984 I live in Granbury. I am not sure how far that is from you. But I have Brass, Primers, some powders, bullets, press, etc... I wont load for you. But I can show you how. Actually I am proud of the liability responses That I have read. These are a great group of guys. Oh I also have the dies.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    .308 is about the easiest round to load and there is a huge selection of quality bullets available to make any type of round. .308 can be loaded for target, hunting and SD all by selecting the correct bullets!

My house is very small (1000 sq feet) and for a long time, I used a folding table made from 1/2 of a solid core door with folding legs. I'd put a blanket down to collect any spillage and set up the table in my living room. A friend came over and helped me clear out the second bedroom. That is now the "reloading room!" I load in air conditioned/heated comfort with a ceiling fan and good light. Seated in a leather office chair with good tunes, reloading is great fun!

I keep most of the components outside in a barn and only bring inside what I need to load for that session.

In the picture below, note that 4 presses are mounted on that little table. I pull the table out, turn it so the press I need is facing outward and get after the loading!

Flash

Attachments

• RELOAD SMALL 1  1-6-2013.jpg
      RELOAD SMALL 1 1-6-2013.jpg
      60.2 KB · Views: 380
    Last edited:

jazzman709

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2016
    1984 I live in Granbury. I am not sure how far that is from you. But I have Brass, Primers, some powders, bullets, press, etc... I wont load for you. But I can show you how. Actually I am proud of the liability responses That I have read. These are a great group of guys. Oh I also have the dies.
    Do you sell brass and projectiles? If you do, are you/do you ship, and what are prices for 08,223 and 9mm
    Thanks
    Michael
    PS I'm in the Dallas area

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom