• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    I have a can in jail with them right now. Excellent customer service. They have been very helpful and answered all my questions throughout the whole ordering process

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

balloonman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2014
    Fantastic company, very professional and knowledgeable. I have 3 in hand from them, and several more awaiting stamps, all purchased through Silencer Shop. Best prices I have seen.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I was under the impression that you could not obtain possession of said items until the ATF approved the form? Are you referring to others taking possession of the item(s) that were solely approved for you or if you're the original purchaser?

I'm talking about the trust itself. I'd never trust a "do it yourself" kit from a shop. Form approved or not, if the trust is later found invalid you could be screwed.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I have made a decision based off of the excellent info a trusted friend gave me. So that's covered, and I think I will be purchasing my can this weekend.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Depends on who you work for...

We use nitrodesk to keep work info safe. Beats the hell out of carrying two phones and its nice not having a cell phone bill anymore. Had to carry two phones for 8 years and we finally got into the 21st century last year. I feel Scotts pain, two phones is a pita.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Why would you get a 9mm only can? Shoot through the can, it works fine with a little practice especially with night sights. I personally like the truglos if you have to have suppressor sights but there aren't a whole lot of options.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Why would you get a 9mm only can? Shoot through the can, it works fine with a little practice especially with night sights. I personally like the truglos if you have to have suppressor sights but there aren't a whole lot of options.

Because its going to be used only on 9mm and 22lr, and 300blk sub, and it does a better job on those calibers than a 45 can, according to swr's and others comparison videos and reviews.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Because its going to be used only on 9mm and 22lr, and 300blk sub, and it does a better job on those calibers than a 45 can, according to swr's and others comparison videos and reviews.

I'm a 9mm fan. But...with suppressors I'd go 45/308/22LR. I started to go through the process with Silencer Shop. In general they make it pretty easy. Their website is really good, check out their videos about the process if you haven't.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle

I couldn't tell the difference with my ear between a 9 and 45 octane on a 9mm. Its splitting hairs but if you don't really plan to 45 then rock on. Id just get the larger caliber cans first so you have the option then get caliber specific cans. I like shooting 230gr 45 much better than 147gr 9mm. The 45 packs a lot more punch and beats the steel plates around better. Also has a deeper thud to it.

Ive been very impressed with my specwar, its even quieter than my 338 can that has more volume than the specwar. Sounds like youre going for it all at once. Have you decided if youre going to wait for efile to come back up? I suggest you get an SBR lower in the works too, cans a lot more fun on short guns :D

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I couldn't tell the difference with my ear between a 9 and 45 octane on a 9mm. Its splitting hairs but if you don't really plan to 45 then rock on. Id just get the larger caliber cans first so you have the option then get caliber specific cans. I like shooting 230gr 45 much better than 147gr 9mm. The 45 packs a lot more punch and beats the steel plates around better. Also has a deeper thud to it.

Ive been very impressed with my specwar, its even quieter than my 338 can that has more volume than the specwar. Sounds like youre going for it all at once. Have you decided if youre going to wait for efile to come back up? I suggest you get an SBR lower in the works too, cans a lot more fun on short guns :D

That's in the works, too, lol. I will be going swr across the board. When is efile expected to be back up?

Last edited:

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    That's in the works, too, lol. I will be going swr across the board. When is efile expected to be back up?

Well I think they said "soon" a few weeks ago. I would paper file if it were me. You know as soon as eforms come back up there will be a metric $hit ton of electronic submissions, might as well get it in before then.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Well I think they said "soon" a few weeks ago. I would paper file if it were me. You know as soon as eforms come back up there will be a metric $hit ton of electronic submissions, might as well get it in before then.

Exactly what I did. To at least get in the "system"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

txpaulie

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Rosharon
    I talked to SS yesterday, was told to expect an eFile dated 12/13/2013 to be approved "in the next coupla days..."
    When, not if, I buy another, I'll eFile; even if I have to wait a couple of months for it to be accepted.
    I would still come out well ahead.

p

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Considering the fact that a ton of paper forms are coming back in 7 months with many in 6 months waiting for efile to come back doesnt sound like too good of a bet. Theres no guarantee that once efile is back up that they will be back to 90 day processing times. My last efile was over 150 days and times really havent come down much even without new forms being submitted. Most eforms are taking in the 130-140 day range even though new forms havent been submitted in over a month. Once efile does come back up it will be flooded with submissions from people just like yall so i doubt itll be that fast at least for the first few weeks. Wont take long worth of waiting for efile before youd have been better off paper filing. The big bet now is when efile will actually come back up. Me personally, I'm just going to buy what I want and paper file and forget about it. At least the wait time on paper forms isnt 10+ months now.

Top Bottom