• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    Im just worried that changing the hammer spring will make it less reliable with nato rounds as thats all i have.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    The reason it might have light strikes is due to the hammer being a little heavy with the lighter spring. If it does then simply bobbing the spur of the hammer will reduce the weight and speed it up again. Also I would recommend polishing the hammer face and bottom of the BCG. It will help reduce fiction as it cycles.

Govern wisely and as little as possible~Sam Houston

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    The reason it might have light strikes is due to the hammer being a little heavy with the lighter spring. If it does then simply bobbing the spur of the hammer will reduce the weight and speed it up again. Also I would recommend polishing the hammer face and bottom of the BCG. It will help reduce fiction as it cycles.

Just double checking but the spur is what sticks off ths back right lol. The hammer i installed in my father-in-laws rifle was from anderson and was already bobbed. Any bonus to it being bobbed with standard springs?

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'd bob the hammer regardless as it speeds up lockup time which is good for accuracy. The spur is merely a relic of the full auto FCG and serves no purpose on a semi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    I'd bob the hammer regardless as it speeds up lockup time which is good for accuracy. The spur is merely a relic of the full auto FCG and serves no purpose on a semi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the purpose it served on a fa? From my under standing the auto sear triped the disconector and the hammer spur didnt touch anything. Dose the slower lock up help the timing or something?

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    What was the purpose it served on a fa? From my under standing the auto sear triped the disconector and the hammer spur didnt touch anything. Dose the slower lock up help the timing or something?

The spur on the hammer was used in the release of the second disconnect in a full auto.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    The spur on the hammer was used in the release of the second disconnect in a full auto.

Even after looking at a couple full auto triger groups i never realized there were two disconects i guess just over looked this part. Thanks for pointing it out.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Was the spur specifically for burst operations? all the trigger groups im looking at dont look like the spur contacts the disconect and every one i see with 2 disconects it says the second is for burst. Im not saying your wrong just trying to learn.

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    It was a feature design with both select fire and full auto.
    5d67547e24497dc6b5ece5cff074dcd1.jpg

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Was the spur specifically for burst operations? all the trigger groups im looking at dont look like the spur contacts the disconect and every one i see with 2 disconects it says the second is for burst. Im not saying your wrong just trying to learn.

The burst parts are very different from M16A1 safe-semi-auto parts. The burst kit requires 2 separate disconnectors and a wider trigger that can hold 2 disconnectors. One disconnector looks like a regular full-auto one, the other one has 2 hooks instead of just 1. The hammer also has a cam on the side that works with the burst disconnector to limit automatic fire to 3 shots only.

Edit: the video you linked explains the operation of the safe-semi-auto FCG pretty well. The burst one works the same way except after 3 shots the rear hook on the burst disconnector is allowed to grab the hammer instead of the auto sear, ending the automatic firing.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom