• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Are you just trying to get rid of that gritty feel, or trying to reduce weight? I was going to break out the dremel and polish the factory trigger parts, but then I read around and found that polishing will perhaps make it a little more smooth, but the weight won't be any different since that is controlled by the springs. I just went and bought a new one since I wanted a lighter weight.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I use a Dremel to polish all kinds of firearms parts. Feed ramps, triggers, etc. I use Flitz as the agent and a variety of cotton wheel and tips from Dremel. Its not hard

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have done the polish job on my AR. It smoothed it up a bit, but that's all. Still had a bit of creep and a pull of 7 1/2 lbs. So, I installed a Wolff reduced power trigger spring and disconnector spring. That dropped the pull to an average 6.50-6.75 lbs. About a one pound improvement. I left the original hammer spring, as I didn't want to increase the possibility of light primer strikes.

It's still not the way I want it, so I have an ALG Defense (QMS) trigger on the way. I don't really want it lighter, just crisper. I don't know how they compare to the Ground Zero triggers, but ALG has good reviews.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Polish, bob the hammer, throw in some JP yellow springs and do the set screw pretravel adjustment and you can make a killer single stage out of a milspec trigger group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    JP AR trigger springs

JP - Spring Kits

1188.jpg

JP Reduced Power Spring Kit

This spring kit will yield a 4.0-4.5 lb. pull with standard AR-15 trigger parts and 3.0-3.5 lb. with JP trigger parts.

Application: Use of this spring kit requires the use of US-manufactured (domestic) ammunition or reloads with domestic (non-NATO spec) primers as ignition reliability will be reduced with hard, low-sensitivity primers such as those found in NATO-spec and various foreign-manufactured ammunitions. These springs are for recreational or competition shooting only and should not be installed in any rifle used for defense or duty applications or any AR-10 type rifle.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Are the springs really that bad with nato rounds? Will replacing everything but the hammer spring make a noticeable difference?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I changed the springs out on my milspec trigger and it lightened it up considerably, but I did do both the hammer & trigger springs, takes 2 minutes. Plus I did a little polishing

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Im just worried that changing the hammer spring will make it less reliable with nato rounds as thats all i have.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    they are kinda a "can't loose" kinda thing. They only cost $11 -$13 so yer not out much if you don't like em. Can always go back to what ya had. I know a few others really liked em.

True true im sure there will be a set in my next parts order.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom