Anyone know what happened to texaschlforum.com?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    What I've heard so far is not anti-2A, at least not to my ear. It's about the NRA, not RKBA.

The worst I've heard is criticism of LaPierre's remark that the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun, and the podcast mostly just reported that it was considered a tone-deaf remark to make right after Sandy Hook. I agree with the good-guy bad-guy sentiment, and also believe it probably galvanized demanding moms.

The podcast documents that after LaPierre made those remarks he took a private jet to the Caribbean for a $70,000 vacation, billed to the NRA as a member outreach mission. Not sure how many NRA members there are on the island of Eleuthera.

Most of the commentary is about Ackerman McQueen and NRA money dealings. Bill Brewer, the NRA's Dallas lawyer who donated to Beto O'Rourke and Hillary Clinton, has also gotten mentions.

Oliver North's sudden discharge from the NRA is linked to his call for real auditing.

I'd say the podcast is good food for thought whether or not you like the NRA. If you like them, you should understand charges their management steals from the membership. If you don't like the NRA, the podcast probably won't disappoint.

For more info, https://shows.cadence13.com/podcast/gangster-capitalism . They have covered other topics. I haven't heard anything other than a few of the NRA episodes. Your mileage may vary. Heck, mine may not have stabilized either, but so far, so good.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm adding it to my listen list.
    Texas SOT

theglock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Texas
    I found this site as a result of asking google what happened to the chlforum. I tend to spend a lot of time on that chlforum when the Legislature is in session due to the informative discussions then. But like others have stated, the owner/mods there often seem quite unreasonable.

So having said that, I'm glad google directed me here. Looks like the kind of site I enjoy. Thanks for having me.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    It took me all of 10 minutes way back when to see the power trip and lack of open communication over there. Anyone who doesn't have the fortitude to handle hearing(or reading) things they disagree with has no business wielding any sort of power, even if that's only message forum access.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I found this site as a result of asking google what happened to the chlforum. I tend to spend a lot of time on that chlforum when the Legislature is in session due to the informative discussions then. But like others have stated, the owner/mods there often seem quite unreasonable.

So having said that, I'm glad google directed me here. Looks like the kind of site I enjoy. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to TGT.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    7B6D5751-1ED1-4A86-A253-65B13A95454F.gif

treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas
    Still down. It appears Mr. Lawyer is moving at government speed to get this issue corrected.

It could be he's just not an online kind of guy, too. He once started a podcast, then dropped it. I think that was several years ago.

Or, Nancy Pelosi kidnapped him, crashed his forum because she's too dumb to drive a mouse, and cognitive issues (ibid) prevent her from figuring out ctrl-alt-del all at the same time.

As I reread that, I have to say that's pretty silly. Ms. Pelosi would have no trouble with a mouse. Rodentia in any form would be like family to her.

I've got serious questions about the NRA at the moment, but the truth is probably boring. My guess, the forum crashed while he was on an extended year-end vacation with his family and he came back home to a ton of work. He may not trust anyone to control the site. I think the last people in the world to sign powers of attorney without really good reason, for example, are attorneys.

On the other hand, why isn't there an "Oops, we're down" landing page? That leads one to suspect texaschlforum.com isn't coming back. Maybe it crashed and he decided he didn't want to mess with it any more.

The only thing I know for sure is that I have no clue. Out of respect for the participants there should be some sort of statement.

Russell2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2021
    Houston
    Certainly not to spam, just trying to get the word out. For those old TCHLForum members that find this thread from google search, a lot of the regular members are ending up on the Texas3006.com Forum. You may find folks you recognize there :-)

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Certainly not to spam, just trying to get the word out. For those old TCHLForum members that find this thread from google search, a lot of the regular members are ending up on the Texas3006.com Forum. You may find folks you recognize there :-)

Hmmmm....

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

There are several here.

Welcome to the Forum!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Thank you!
    I was on both texaschlforum and texas3006 using same name as registered here striker55, the age I got my chl.

I know what it's like to lose a forum that you had been a part of for some time. Another forum I was member of, is going to end come Monday, Texas Gun Forum. Many of it's members and myself were already members here as well.

TGT is a great forum, with some good people here, and it's very active as well. We discuss just about anything and everything here. We welcome new members to expand and grow the community, but many of the members also get together in person at various events and meet-ups, so that makes this forum a little different than some other forums.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Tried to register but the captcha was a pain and I timed out. Saw some old friends. Will try later.

Top Bottom