APOD Firearms

Anyone know what happened to texaschlforum.com?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Any tech types on here that can explain this? Just did a quick google search for the whois info on the site.
    View attachment 239183

View attachment 239184

Makes it sound like some sort of legal action. Wonder if he knows a good lawyer? LOL.

Probably just an issue with the GoDaddy (registrar) account like an old billing address or credit card or something. On the other having worked with them (GoDaddy) doesnt seem like it should take this long to fix.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Probably just an issue with the GoDaddy (registrar) account like an old billing address or credit card or something. On the other having worked with them (GoDaddy) doesnt seem like it should take this long to fix.

Or GoDaddy has refused to host a forum that deals with firearms. Are there any other gun forums that are hosted by them that are still up?

treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas
    There's one.... Texasguntalk.com

Somebody in TexasCHLForum's inner circle - TAM, or somebody like yourself, Scott - should get some information. Are the weekend meetups still happening? I had dropped out of touch before COVID took the fun out of everything, so my guess is the camaraderie had to suffer.

Who were the mods over there? Do any of them have any information?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Somebody in TexasCHLForum's inner circle - TAM, or somebody like yourself, Scott - should get some information. Are the weekend meetups still happening? I had dropped out of touch before COVID took the fun out of everything, so my guess is the camaraderie had to suffer.

Welcome to the Forum!

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW

I chatted with Flightmare earlier today and he's still planning on doing the North DFW meet up at Rudy's in Frisco this Saturday.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hey, FNGs who are from TxCHL. We operate a lot differently here. If you are thin skinned, and easily offended by open dialog in favor of more freedom, open disgust of the NRA and the backstabbing scum at the top of their food chain and Constitutional Carry, y’all might want to wait for your regularly censored forum to come back online.

If you’re not any of the above, welcome aboard.

treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas
    I chatted with Flightmare earlier today and he's still planning on doing the North DFW meet up at Rudy's in Frisco this Saturday.

I'm down near Waco. Not sure I can get away, but that's tempting. I made it to one of the meetups in Arlington (I think - it was a while back) at a Rudy's. I got there too late, darn it. They sound like a lot of fun.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Hey, FNGs who are from TxCHL. We operate a lot differently here. If you are thin skinned, and easily offended by open dialog in favor of more freedom, open disgust of the NRA and the backstabbing scum at the top of their food chain and Constitutional Carry, y’all might want to wait for your regularly censored forum to come back online.

Part of the reason I'm over here.

treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas

Hoji, fire at will if I say something stupid. As for Constitutional Carry, that's the supreme law of the land.

It's an interesting topic, though, because there are people who shouldn't have firearms. We properly use due process to single them out.

And you're right, I'm an FNG but I try not to make a big deal out of it. It can actually be a burden, being a Fashionable Nabob of Glamor, particularly if one simply cannot avoid a certain radiance. It's like I'm always running on a beach in slow motion. I hate that. :-)

Carry on, brother.

superchief

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    Southwest Cow Town
    The forum code of conduct says, "
    Respect Other Posters
    It's common for topics to get heated, but we will not tolerate people growing belligerent or getting out of hand. If you feel that a thread has exceeded its limit, please report the thread for the admin/mod staff. We are all gun people, we are all playing on the same team.

* No threats of any kind allowed.
    * Keep the family of others out of your arguments.
    * No racial or religious comments.
    * If you want to just insult people go somewhere else.
    "

I think there is enough latitude of reasonable thought on all the 2A subjects mentioned above, so "my way or the highway" does not seem to reflect the code of conduct nor a way for reasoning people to develop consensus on a subject.

I'm not new here, but I don't post much. for example, I think constitutional carry is great for me, but I see gun owners every day that should be institutionalized not for their criminal records, but for their lack of basic life skills. Thus, the dichotomy; "America is a great place because anyone can own a gun. I have a lot of guns and carry them all the time because "anyone can own a gun". I am disappointed in how corporate and bloated the NRA has become and I am tired of hearing about getting sued over "insurance plans", but the competitions are still first class and it does bring a lot of people into shooting. You've got to admit that there are orgs with rising power (GOA, 2A foundation) that are really leading the court fights - sometimes NRA rushes in to "support" instead of lead.

I hope we can have intelligent discussions without getting our dander up. We are all gun people, we are all playing on the same team.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hoji, fire at will if I say something stupid. As for Constitutional Carry, that's the supreme law of the land.

It's an interesting topic, though, because there are people who shouldn't have firearms. We properly use due process to single them out.

And you're right, I'm an FNG but I try not to make a big deal out of it. It can actually be a burden, being a Fashionable Nabob of Glamor, particularly if one simply cannot avoid a certain radiance. It's like I'm always running on a beach in slow motion. I hate that. :-)

Carry on, brother.

You might be alright.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Carry on, brother.
    What should scare you, no terrify, is that there are people who shouldnt decide who should have firearms.

Phucking with rights made America what it is today.

Think about that.

Constitutional carry makes absolutely no difference in any crime statistics peroid. People who make the effort to ccw already do. People who are dangerous already are.

Good riddance to handwringing hoplophobic fudds and their website.

Oh, welcome.

treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas
    What should scare you, no terrify, is that there are people who shouldnt decide who should have firearms.

Phucking with rights made America what it is today.

Think about that.

Constitutional carry makes absolutely no difference in any crime statistics peroid. People who make the effort to ccw already do. People who are dangerous already are.

Good riddance to handwringing hoplophobic fudds and their website.

Oh, welcome.
    It’s hard to get away from juries of peers, though. The system could be perfect, but with humans in the mix, well, your mileage may vary, or something like that. Courts are not always right.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    For anyone that is interested in the question to what happened to the other forum. It appears to be a series of catastrophic failures related to an upgrade of the forum software.

ETA: It's being worked on.

Top Bottom