Target Sports

Any of yal around houston good with AK's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    It looks like an unfinished under folder trunnion with a tang welded on.

4836a142-89ac-7f39.jpg

4836a142-89b6-69a1.jpg

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Was this a California or a post-ban AK? It appears to have been built to specifically take a thumbhole or dragunov style stock. Did it used to be a single stack?

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I have no idea. Like I said above you CAN'T bolt on a stock as is the angle is way off you couldn't line up the sights.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Instead of the rear of the stock being low it would be way high like a grenade launcher

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Ahh, just read back through the thread... Bulgarian, odd trunnion, bolt in the white. It's one of the Bulgarian sporter rifles that were imported. It's actually a pretty good rifle short of the stock issue. They were all imported as a single stack if I remember correctly, but importers and end users would cut the receiver for standard double stack magazines.

You'll need to replace the rear trunnion to do anything with it. You can do pretty much anything you want, stock wise, and the work isn't difficult to do.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    AK 74 triangle folding stock. A real deal version not the slip in. Works been too slow the last few months.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    AK 74 triangle folding stock. A real deal version not the slip in. Works been too slow the last few months.

Like one of THESE?!?!?

4836a142-939d-0a31.jpg

Haha, sorry, couldn't help myself...

They aren't too hard to install with hand tools, but I know the price sucks. You could save some funds up and buy the AKbuilder copy. A steady hand with a demel could put one in.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Yeah I have tremors. Steady ain't happening lol. I'd have to figure out how to add a butt pad or something to increase the length of pull probably. I have a hard time shouldering short stocks. My bicep flexes when I bring the rifle up and then it hovers in front of my shoulder lol, that's not enough to make me get the slip in want to be version though

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I already have an AR buffer tube, a stock, and pistol grip. So I'll use those for now. Just need a different truniun installed.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    That's the strangest trunnion I've ever seen. I guess it's easier to drill out those two small rivets holding the side plates, the rear one looks to be a standard long rivet. Drill press and a dremel are your friends right now lol.

Top Bottom