Guns International

Any of yal around houston good with AK's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Need some help with my AK and was wondering if any of yall were ant good with them.

Like ive said before my receiver has a cover on the back like a pistol, but it sticks out at the bottom so I cant even use a "Pig nose" adaptor to attach a stock. Im pretty sure the bottom is rivetted in(dont have my AK here to look at) Maybe yall have some ideas anyway. I cant afford what gunsmiths want to do anything. I really want an AK74 folder, but that would be 200 or so plus 200 to install, and I alredy have an AK buffer tube/stockadaptor(its the slide in adaptor though)I really hate to just blindly start dremeling the back out. I also what to figure out a way to add a "finger shelf" to my safety so I dont have to take my hand off the grip to flip it on/off.
    Venture Surplus ad

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Heres how I want to make my safety selector. Cant see spening 65 bucks for a few minutes work.
    ENHANCED%20AK%20SELECTOR%20LEVERS.jpg

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Yeah I'm over at my dads and that price is riveted in....damnit. You can see it isn't put in flush. Doesn't look like much but it would put the stock at a crazy upward angle
    79e08cea.jpg

0c370c8e.jpg

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    You forgot the word "Sledge" in front of hammer. I have heard the rumor that a 5lb one is the properly calibrated tool to work on an AK with.

On a serious note. Looking at it It doesnt look like it extends past the sides very far. How thick is the part in question and how far past the sides does it extend. If its thin you might be able to persuade it into flush without weakening the part much. If its thicker and not out far you might be able to grind it flat. Not saying either is the RIGHT way to do it but without measuring and or seeing it just a few thoughts.

Radioman

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    To get the proper angle of the stock, that but plate should be at 3degrees downward..
    Honestly you could grind that little bit down with a flapper disk and not hurt anything. Or go the proper route, remove it, and get a new stock adapter. To me though it looks like it's welded. I think those rivets your seing are for the trunion and not that end plate.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Camera makes my am look horrible. Looks normal with a flashlight, and like shit with my iPhone lol.
    Its a weird looking one price truniun/"receiver cap".
    582fa1a1.gif

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    what kind of AK is it? I haven't seen a riveted plate like that..atleast not that is part of the trunion..
    I've cut the receiver it'self to 3degrees to make the plate for the ace folder sit correct

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    the hell kind of rear trunnion is that!

Ok question, was this once a pistol? How long is the barrel? That aint a regular trunnion its suppose to be hollow in the rear so the stock slides in.

I'd cut those rivets off and rivet in a regular rear trunnion.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    what happened is when they were drilling the holes in the receiver to line up the rear trunnion they didnt drill the holes perfectly square, thats why on the end isnt sticking out. As I say, built by drunks used by peasants. Why cant you take a dremel with some passes it will knock that down. Ive done it before.

Top Bottom