• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    The National Museum of the US Air Force not only has an SR-71, they have the sole remaining YF-12A, the armed interceptor version.
    It's been so many years since my visit that I do not remember seeing it. I will need to dig out my backup drive and peruse the 700+ photos to see whether I missed it or not. I would hope not.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It's been so many years since my visit that I do not remember seeing it. I will need to dig out my backup drive and peruse the 700+ photos to see whether I missed it or not. I would hope not.

Visiting that museum is on my "one of these days" list. The YF-12 is my favorite Blackbird variant just on pure visual appeal.

1964 Edwards YF-12A 60-6934 right front in flight Mark Hickman m.jpg

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Your MkIV is beautiful. The only canard I’ve seen up close was Rutan’s VariViggen. They had one at Oshkosh in 1987. I flew in from Oklahoma City in my Shinn Morrisey (early version of the Varga Kachina) and spent the week sleeping under a homemade wing tent.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Your MkIV is beautiful. The only canard I’ve seen up close was Rutan’s VariViggen. They had one at Oshkosh in 1987. I flew in from Oklahoma City in my Shinn Morrisey (early version of the Varga Kachina) and spent the week sleeping under a homemade wing tent.

Thanks, the RAFE has a Viggen at Oshkosh this week. It’s the 50th anniversary of Burt bringing it for the first time. The one up there is from Houston and the only airworthy Viggen currently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Holy cheet, that engine isn't happy at 2620 rpm, I can tell you that.
    Yes, you pull it back and she slows down a few knots but you also save some fuel. You might end up arriving a few minutes later but your engine will thank you long term.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yes, you pull it back and she slows down a few knots but you also save some fuel. You might end up arriving a few minutes later but your engine will thank you long term.

We are gonna disagree on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    What engine is he running?

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I have owned several aircraft and found that airplanes are mechanically idiosyncratic. Every aircraft that I have flow had unique setting sweet spots that are only learned by the pilot who frequently flies it. When I was flying IAC aerobatics, we would often fly each others planes for the fun of it. My buddies couldn’t squeeze the same performance from my plane as I could and vice versa.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Does this count? Bet ya can't guess what it is!!

View attachment 336529
    So, detective work here... doesn't look like a Tiger Moth.
    It is an experimental, it looks like it is a derivative or a modification of a parasol, maybe a biplane conversion, but still stumped. I'm guessing it's a one-off of a fairly common bird like a Pietenpol, Baby Ace, or something similar.

BryanAustin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    Hickory, NC
    So, detective work here... doesn't look like a Tiger Moth.
    It is an experimental, it looks like it is a derivative or a modification of a parasol, maybe a biplane conversion, but still stumped. I'm guessing it's a one-off of a fairly common bird like a Pietenpol, Baby Ace, or something similar.
    Impressive.......originally it was a Heath Parasol powered by a Henderson motorcycle engine. It was modified into a bi-plane, a few other mods and called a HOCKER-DENIEN SPARROW-HAWK. Contrary to FAA documents, my dad restored it in 1977 and it is much older than that.
    Currently owned by a friend......
    126496454_1660656510781592_5753248551394917421_n.jpg

I bet you will like this one
    100_1713.JPG

100_0821.jpg

100_0822.jpg

100_0824.JPG

100_0461.JPG

100_0462.JPG

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Not bad! The Heath Parasol was on the list of aircraft I looked at, but the tubing in front of the canopy, and the canopy's rearward position had me stumped.

Top Bottom