• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMB Fan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    Friendswood, TX
    Hello to all TGT members:

Though I am new to TGT, I am a long time member of 24HourCampfire, RimfireCentral, and others where I am also called JMB Fan.
    My 100% positive feedback can be verified on eBay where I am known as jmbrowningfan.
    I have a Texas License to Carry which means that I have passed a background check and am not in the habit of passing bad checks.
    I am a Benefactor member of the NRA.
    I am a life member of the Browning Collectors Association.
    I am a member of Houston Gun Collectors Association.
    I have a table at Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show.
    I am retired after working 39 years at the same company.
    I have been married to the same wonderful wife for 48 years (since 1973).

My current buying interests include:
    * H&K pistols
    * Anschutz rifles
    * Any firearm that has been customized by Jim Clark Sr. from Louisiana.
    Military Camp

JMB Fan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    Friendswood, TX
    Welcome to TGT.

With all that you put into your post, do you like Browning firearms?

Ha-ha, yes certainly. In addition to what I wrote in my introductory post, I have had a collection of older Browning shotguns. I also like Colt stuff from 70s or older. But lately, I am more in the market for stuff I can shoot and enjoy at the range or in the field.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ha-ha, yes certainly. In addition to what I wrote in my introductory post, I have had a collection of older Browning shotguns. I also like Colt stuff from 70s or older. But lately, I am more in the market for stuff I can shoot and enjoy at the range or in the field.

I have huge respects for the genius of John Browning. He gave us many wonderful guns to enjoy he designed. The 1911 may have been one his probably most prolific designs, if not the most popular, but it was just one of many he designed.

JMB Fan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    Friendswood, TX
    I have huge respects for the genius of John Browning. He gave us many wonderful guns to enjoy he designed. The 1911 may have been one his probably most prolific designs, if not the most popular, but it was just one of many he designed.
    Agreed. His history is fascinating and his inventions are legendary.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Agreed. His history is fascinating and his inventions are legendary.

My first introduction to Browning was back in the early 1970's, though I didn't even know who he was, a Browning SA-22 rifle my father had bought in the late 1960's. A Belgium made 22 rifle that was one of the first rifles I learned to shoot. Some years later, it was my favorite for squirrel hunting. I much preferred it over my Marlin bolt action 22 rifle! Then in the late 1980's, I got my first introduction to the 1911. That started something that hasn't ceased or gotten any less over the years either.

Then you have to take into consideration of so many other rifles, pistols and shotguns that he had a hand in designing or input into their design. One day, I do hope to own a Browning Hi Power.

Top Bottom