Patriot Mobile

Another FNG, Californian, Soon To Be Refugee.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zapp

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    Welcome from another former CA resident. Try to get those CA plates off your car as quick as you can. We got pulled over once because of them. And expect some follow up mail from the CA FTB trying to get you for more taxes after they realize you left.
    Lynx Defense

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hello all. First off, I apologize for adding to the increased housing prices in hill country. Please forgive me.

I will be escaping the state I was born and raised in, specifically because of the policies that have been ruining my home for the last 30-40 years. Policies that I did not, do not and never will support.

By June of 2022, I'll be moving myself, my lovely wife and our beautiful 4 children to New Braunfels.

The 2A is important to me and I hope to enjoy it in the great state of Texas.

I understand if some don't think I belong but I look forward to "earning my keep" in this state. God bless and let's go Brandon!
    <

Welcome & Hello !

Please be aware that children may require remediation for subtle prior brainwashing by the culture.

We have 10 Grandkids, about half highly educated, & half schoolkids. ALL have internalized some leftist crap.

I had to correct a Physician-Grandson just the other day when he referred to his Constitution quoting Uncle as being "far-right".

Graduate Engineer Texan Grandson is conflicted, just not about 2A yet.

Also, there are many other really nice parts of Texas to live-in. You should check some before buying. Thirty or forty years back we loved New Braunfels and visited often. Then, the "developers" moved-in. I'm sure you know what follows their "development".

Continuing:

Meals, unless very complex are "fixed", "cooked", or less-often "prepared". "Make & making" are reserved for complicated recipes.

You get a "helping" or serving, not a "portion". "Bastante" means you want more, "Es bastante" means you have enough.

Depending on where in Texas (or, Louisiana), "Evening" could mean 2:00 PM on, 6:00 PM on, or anything in between. After 9:00 PM it is NIGHT.

Lunch is around Noon, SUPPER is at night, eliminating confusion re: "Dinner" time.

When dining in a building, gentlemen should take hats & caps off. That is how Texas Ladies tell who is a gentleman.

Single finger salutes from hand on steering wheel are greetings, not insults.

Ladies and older girls are addressed as "Maam" unless known otherwise.

For the most part lately, we LOVE our Police Officers. Even the dreaded DPS Highway Patrol has finally learned to behave.

Watch for peculiar driving habits, especially from elders in rural ares, like stopping on green, then rushing through when it turns red.

In urban areas, when you get green, count 1,2,3 before entering intersection unless you want to meet a girl in a speeding Jap car the very hard way.

Remember to be super COURTEOUS to everyone you meet. It will make your life a lot easier !

leVieux

Last edited:

Zapp

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    You would have a part year resident CA return to file.
    Some states including CA and I think NY, are going over ex residents previous taxes. Also, if they don't agree with exactly when you became a nonresident, they can continue to try to tax you. It's a mess.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    ?
    Welcome.

Protip: It's "Loop 410" or usually just "410." It's also "Interstate 35" or usually just "35." It's never "the 410" or "the 35." Screwing that one up is the quickest way to blow your cover.

"The Katy"

Meaning US IH10 West from downtown Houston.

Have heard that for decades !

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ?

"The Katy"

Meaning US IH10 West from downtown Houston.

Have heard that for decades !
    That's a possible exception. However, it's usually "the Katy freeway" and not just "the Katy' even though I'll admit I've heard that phrasing a few times.

It took me years after coming to Houston from the other side of San Antonio to become accustomed to referring to freeways by using place or proper names or map directions. Going clockwise from the west, Houston has the
    • Katy freeway,
    • Northwest freeway (obsolete vernacular, rarely used),
    • Tomball parkway,
    • North freeway,
    • Hardy toll road,
    • EastTex freeway,
    • Crosby freeway (rarely used vernacular and not actually a freeway),
    • East freeway (old name), aka Baytown Freeway (newer but still old name), aka Baytown East freeway (even newer, sorta current), aka just "The Beast",
    • La Porte freeway (Does anyone actually refer to 225 that way any more?),
    • Gulf freeway,
    • South freeway (almost never called the South freeway. It's 288. And no one calls it the Nolan Ryan Expressway, either.:)), and
    • Southwest freeway.
    Life would be easier if we just used the numbers.

For extra credit, without looking it up, who can tell me which road around here is The Lloyd Bentsen Highway and which is the Mayor Bob Lanier Memorial Parkway?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Some states including CA and I think NY, are going over ex residents previous taxes. Also, if they don't agree with exactly when you became a nonresident, they can continue to try to tax you. It's a mess.

Rent or purchase contract in Texas should be perfect evidence of a move.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Decades ago, California was trying to force anyone living outside California who earned a pension from any entity located inside California to pay California income taxes. Whatever happened to that?

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    LLoyd Bentsen is 59 south from downtown going toward Richmond and beyond.
    Today, I saw Mayor Bob Lanier Memorial Parkway as 99 from Spring

Zapp

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park

You would think so. But California and the FTB in particular is neither reasonable, nor rational. And it is difficult to fight them. Plenty of stories of people dealing with that problem online. I have contracts and house sale/purchases to use, time will tell if we get any more harassment about it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Decades ago, California was trying to force anyone living outside California who earned a pension from any entity located inside California to pay California income taxes. Whatever happened to that?

They did for a while, the Congress said to stop.

…P.L. 104-95 took effect. This federal law prohibits any state from taxing pension income of non-residents, even if the pension was earned within the state. Before the passage of this law, California, New York and several other states maintained a source tax on pension earned within the state…

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Welcome to Texas and TGT! I was also born and raised in The Peoples Republik of Kamalastan. Escaped in 2015. You + your fam = 6 more to keep Texas as God's Country. Enjoy a vastly improved way of life, brother.

JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    Welcome to Texas and TGT! I was also born and raised in The Peoples Republik of Kamalastan. Escaped in 2015. You + your fam = 6 more to keep Texas as God's Country. Enjoy a vastly improved way of life, brother.
    There's actually 14 of us. My family, my BIL/SIL and their 4 kids and my In-Law parents. All of which are God fearing, freedom loving folks who are pissed at what has become of CA.

JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    Welcome!

Just remember, it's the same party that pushes those same pinko-policies, in every state when they get voted-in...
    Doing the same thing, the same way, over and over, and expecting different results is considered insanity. :D
    Where I'm escaping from, it's called "progress".

Last year a proposition to end civil rights protections made it to the ballot. It specifically wanted to allow discrimination against race, religion, gender, etc... In order to bring "equality" to the masses. It takes some real mental gymnastics to think discrimination equals equality.

Top Bottom