Gun Zone Deals

Another FNG, Californian, Soon To Be Refugee.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saguy46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 28, 2021
    San Antonio
    Welcome, but I wish everyone would quit moving to the Hill Country. Fredericksburg, Dripping Springs and New Braunfels are a pain in the butt to drive in these days. There's plenty of wide open spaces in West Texas.
    Capitol Armory ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Welcome, but I wish everyone would quit moving to the Hill Country. Fredericksburg, Dripping Springs and New Braunfels are a pain in the butt to drive in these days. There's plenty of wide open spaces in West Texas.
    I can just hear Rocksprings collectively telling you to be quiet. :)

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Hello all. First off, I apologize for adding to the increased housing prices in hill country. Please forgive me.

I will be escaping the state I was born and raised in, specifically because of the policies that have been ruining my home for the last 30-40 years. Policies that I did not, do not and never will support.

By June of 2022, I'll be moving myself, my lovely wife and our beautiful 4 children to New Braunfels.

The 2A is important to me and I hope to enjoy it in the great state of Texas.

I understand if some don't think I belong but I look forward to "earning my keep" in this state. God bless and let's go Bran

I left California in 2003 and since then never looked back and never voted for the same people that destroyed this once beautiful State. I too loved my 2A and my hunting rights as California has too many regulations aimed at making hunting too restrictive. Welcome and look forward to hearing about your experience.

JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    Thanks for all of the welcomes/ sage advice and I apologize, Saguy46.

Aside from all of homeless camps (I had to explain to my kids that that's not normal), increasingly deadly wildfires, eternal drought, high taxes, insane housing prices, $5/ gal gas, woke snowflakes types, early released criminals, property crimes, increased homicides, sanctuary state nonsense, rediculous gun laws and a lack of crime prosecution, California isn't that bad.

June cannot arrive fast enough.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Thanks for all of the welcomes/ sage advice and I apologize, Saguy46.

Aside from all of homeless camps (I had to explain to my kids that that's not normal), increasingly deadly wildfires, eternal drought, high taxes, insane housing prices, $5/ gal gas, woke snowflakes types, early released criminals, property crimes, increased homicides, sanctuary state nonsense, rediculous gun laws and a lack of crime prosecution, California isn't that bad.

June cannot arrive fast enough.

Sounds like you are coming from the Southern part of the State. I resided in San Mateo and East Palo Alto until 2003. I still own properties in San Mateo and Mendocino County but waiting till my family decides to move from there completely.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    If they wanted desert they would have moved to Arizona

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Gilroy. Used to be a small, quiet town until the folks from San Jose figured out housing was cheaper and started flocking here.
    Yep that is what happened to where my dad lived in Lathrop small city until the whole Bay Area moved into those communities and prices skyrocketed and he eventually moved to El Paso. My brother and his family still lives in Hayward and my mother is still in San Mateo. Gilroy, I miss the Garlic festival and remember Frontier Village as a kid. I also miss riding my dirt bike at Hollister Hills. A lot of memories

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I second that...the motion passes.

And please, stop with the commiefornia dreaming nostalgia.

You're in Texas so please make Texas memories and stop looking in the rear view memory mirror.
    Oh yes the best memory of life. From the day I married a Texan to having Texan kids with my oldest being a Championship Shotgun competition shooter.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Too late. More land lots have sold in that area and about to turn into subdivisions.
    Please say it ain't so. I know that one day I'll be alone in the world and when that happens and if my health is holding, I'd like to relocate to somewhere that doesn't boast an over-abundance of civilization. Rocksprings was on my short list.

Of course, if my health isn't holding, I'll probably wind up in downtown Houston. I'm adaptable. :)

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Please say it ain't so. I know that one day I'll be alone in the world and when that happens and if my health is holding, I'd like to relocate to somewhere that doesn't boast an over-abundance of civilization. Rocksprings was on my short list.

Of course, if my health isn't holding, I'll probably wind up in downtown Houston. I'm adaptable. :)
    I was looking there as well and also the Southside areas of San Antonio but civilization is catching up too fast.

Top Bottom