Another attempt on former President Trump’s life...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Everything I've read says he went there claiming to be recruiting for the Ukrainian military, recruited nobody, scammed folks out of money, then fled the country.
    Pulling a: Hunter Biden?

Here is a thought: maybe he wasn't intended to succeed in the task, just "scare" the target. If I had Trump's cash, I might reconsider running, at some point. Perhaps someone is sending Trump a message? Convince him to not try too hard?

Records show more than 100 criminal counts have been filed against Routh in North Carolina. In 2002, court records state, he was convicted of possessing a weapon of mass destruction — a machine gun.

In that case, a man named Ryan Routh, 36 at the time, was alleged to have led authorities on a vehicle chase before he holed up at a roofing company in Greensboro, according to an account by the Greensboro News & Record.
    link

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Here is a thought: maybe he wasn't intended to succeed in the task, just "scare" the target. If I had Trump's cash, I might reconsider running, at some point. Perhaps someone is sending Trump a message? Convince him to not try too hard?

I have never in my life met nor knowingly been within 100 miles of Donald J Trump. And even I know that's going to do just the opposite with him. People who've met him, locked horns with him, been repeatedly pissed off by him within the government? They'll know his personality too.

When he was nicked in the ear, he didn't have a look of fear on his face when he was being ushered off the stage, or a look of confusion. The man was pissed. I don't think anyone with the resources to launch any kind of assassination or near-assassination plot is going to miss this most obvious clue of whether or not Trump can be scared off.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Pulling a: Hunter Biden?

Records show more than 100 criminal counts have been filed against Routh in North Carolina. In 2002, court records state, he was convicted of possessing a weapon of mass destruction — a machine gun.

In that case, a man named Ryan Routh, 36 at the time, was alleged to have led authorities on a vehicle chase before he holed up at a roofing company in Greensboro, according to an account by the Greensboro News & Record.
    link
    Why try to "scare" Trump when the likelihood of him being scared in pretty much nil and any attempt to scare him will likely help him get elected?

I.e. Why half-ass a job in a way that makes your end goal harder?

Sure, anything is possible, but what really makes sense? Look at the dots that are there and make reasonable inferences when there is a gap, but just playing pretend causes confusion.

Its also *possible* that the CIA supplied Routh with some old Vietnam era sabotaged 7.62x39 that would blow up the gun and kill Routh because he had learned who really killed JFK and where Hoffa was burried and it didn't really have anything to donwith Trump. I mean we can make stuff up all day that "could be possible"...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Maybe the real conspiracy is allowing these assassination attempts to get so close to success in the first place. From assigning substandard security to guard the principal to leaking calendars to botching up investigations......that's a lot easier to get away with.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Why try to "scare" Trump when the likelihood of him being scared in pretty much nil and any attempt to scare him will likely help him get elected?

I.e. Why half-ass a job in a way that makes your end goal harder?

Sure, anything is possible, but what really makes sense? Look at the dots that are there and make reasonable inferences when there is a gap, but just playing pretend causes confusion.
    The "dots" suggest that both patsy malcontents appeared surprised to find themselves under fire. Both made ham-fisted attempts: with the latest guy on-scene for 12 hours prior to the attempt; the former flew a drone and used a range finder in plain view. The vibe they send-out is that they were told that no harm would come to them and/or they were hired to test security. The attempts WERE half-assed- look at Oswald: at least he was concealed, etc.

Anyone who has seen a few movies would have been more covert in their attempts. All we have at this stage are theories and all possibilities need to be considered with this much atypical data vs trying to fit the data to a common "lone-wolf" narrative.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm not jumping on any conspiracy theory. It's a simple question that I would like the answer to which you obviously don't have the answer to. Seems you read into a question something that was not there. Was that your critical thinking?

To quote you...

Yeah, the flight wasn't the concern. It is locating and procuring the gun after getting to town that is curious to me. Probably not a lot of quality arms to choose from for a guy in that situation either. Being out of state there are certainly no legal means to obtain one either.

I guess I have to dumb it down for you, but it is quite easy to purchase a firearm in Florida (as it should be) and while he would have been ineligible as a convicted felon, a private seller may have no reason to suspect that is the case.

It is very doubtful if this had been anything other than a crazed lunatic that a SKS would have been the rifle of choice. A simple hunting rifle would have been far more accurate at distance and more easily obtainable.

Quit acting like there is something there that isn't.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Legally Armed America channel is discussion on attempted shooting of Trump. Starting at 3:18 min is map overhead view of where the events took place on golf course for those interested. Otherwise you can skip the rest of video.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    They only seem to locate the patsy. The actual killer never seems to be located.
    I should put a poll on here asking if you needed to positively make a 300yd shot, that your first choice would be an SKS. I doubt it would get a vote.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How did he know Trump would play golf at the golf course he was staying at while in town? How did he know exactly when to show up to only have to wait nearly 12 hours for Trump to play golf at his golf course? How did he even know Trump likes to play golf?

Quite the mystery.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom