Military Camp

And I had hoped the fudds had all been kicked out...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndrewBuda

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Texas
    Formal correspondence to make sure the promoters know about this is a good idea. But that's not a big community and I sincerely hope that every promoter out there has already heard about this.

Tejas deserves to be blackballed out of those 40 gun shows a year that he claims online.

Once you have filed a police report as Ben recommended, I would contact Big Tex Gun Shows and also share your story (and the police report) with them.

I am not familiar with Big Tex, but every gun show promoter I know would want to know about such actions taking place during their events!

Appreciate this pointer. I just emailed (bigtexgunshow@gmail.com) and gave a ring to the event promotors - as I said the event staff was professional and I was surprised by how willing to see it objectively (or from my side) they were instead of siding by default with the vendor. Good moral character there.

I'm pleasantly surprised with how many of y'all have posted, and apparently my email was not the first one Big Tex Gun Shows got today. Appreciated in a big way!

Closer than that for me, maybe I should go in wearing my TGT shirt and ask him if he knows he harassed a member of a forum with 33k members.
    Its 16 minutes from my house, maybe a group of us should go.
    Fwiw I believe that shop is closed as Tejas Gun Shop is doing primarily gun show sales. FFL finder says he's still out of Bartlett though.

Andrew,

I like Ben's approach.

Not reporting allows this nutter to keep on attempting to steal guns and maybe HAS been successful in the past...

Your first post would likely suffice as a report.
    I've got my high school wrestling coach's voice in my head telling me the team sorts the team issues out, but I'm going to see first what happens through the gun show channel. If Mr. Lyon becomes persona non grata at gun shows due to his belligerent and factually incorrect behavior that's a win. Sounds like Big Tex has gotten at least a couple emails already, and would appreciate some more to help them build the case that this guy's got to go.
    Capitol Armory ad

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, that's the way embezzlers think. "If I give the money back, I haven't really committed a crime."

That's bollocks.

He mugged you. He, as near as I can read it, committed a state jail felony worth up to a $10K fine and 2 years incarceration. People like that should not have an FFL.

Do the police report even if you don't think Hays county will work it. They will, at minimum, have to document what happened and why they think it's not worth further investigation. The creation of that paper trail could be very important in the future. Get the number (case, ID, report, whatever they call it) attached to the report and save it. You may need it later.

And as much as I hate to say this...report the incident to the BATFE and ask them if an FFL holder who commits crimes like this should be allowed to keep their FFL.

Do not let this asshat get away with being this evil. If you get him locked up, I would guess you're doing his community and his family a hell of a big favor. If he loses his FFL, you're doing all us 2A-appreciating patriots a big favor.
    This. Regardless of if you think it will ultimately help, do it. Do not let this guy get away with doing that sort of thing without a fight. He is a cancer to our side, and needs to be removed if possible.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Hmmm. That means he might like this prosecution. Or not. I know nothing about Hays politics.

I'm a few years removed from Hays County, but the last dealings I had down there a previous liberal DA tried to railroad me on false assault charges with evidence that proved my accuser was lying...which they attempted to suppress. Half of the year and a half long leadup to the trial was the DA's office refusing to cooperate with my attorney, refusing "discovery", and refusing to comply with the judge's orders that they do their damn jobs and follow the proper procedures.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Appreciate this pointer. I just emailed (bigtexgunshow@gmail.com) and gave a ring to the event promotors - as I said the event staff was professional and I was surprised by how willing to see it objectively (or from my side) they were instead of siding by default with the vendor. Good moral character there.

I'm pleasantly surprised with how many of y'all have posted, and apparently my email was not the first one Big Tex Gun Shows got today. Appreciated in a big way!

Fwiw I believe that shop is closed as Tejas Gun Shop is doing primarily gun show sales. FFL finder says he's still out of Bartlett though.

I've got my high school wrestling coach's voice in my head telling me the team sorts the team issues out, but I'm going to see first what happens through the gun show channel. If Mr. Lyon becomes persona non grata at gun shows due to his belligerent and factually incorrect behavior that's a win. Sounds like Big Tex has gotten at least a couple emails already, and would appreciate some more to help them build the case that this guy's got to go.

It's next to his house. Picture attached.

Screenshot from 2023-01-16 14-43-54.png

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    If he thought you had a illegal firearm ...

Yeah, the more I think about this, the more likely I think this was just an attempt to steal the gun. For one thing, as a dealer he should (and probably does) know what would constitute an illegal firearm. For another, as a dealer he has exactly zero authority to enforce the law or confiscate property. If Andrew had brought something to him that he actually knew was illegal, he'd be calling the ATF - not simply taking it and cussing Andrew out. Note that he only called in the nearby feds after Andrew raised a stink and tried to reclaim his property. He was probably hoping they'd be ignorant enough to go along with him.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well-intentioned doxxing is still doxxing. Double plus uncool.
    It's not doxxing to republish the contact info of a public business. Since, historically, many FFLs work from home or next door to home, these postings have not crossed any serious lines.

If real doxxing, serious personal stuff designed to put an individual at risk of physical harm, was occurring I'd be the first to start deleting, warning, banning, or even nuking whole threads.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I wasn't there..but..I swear to you..after asking repeatedly for my firearm back..I would have dialed 911 right there and reported a firearm theft in progress and wait for responding officers.
    That prick needs his ass handed to him

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Yep. This frucker was straight up trying to steal your property. I’m impressed by the OP’s communication abilities. Glad to see a Millennial with his vocabulary, punctuation, and shite together. Good on you, OP. If you find yourself in the Woodlands on a weekend- I’ll buy you a beer.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yeah, that's the way embezzlers think. "If I give the money back, I haven't really committed a crime."

That's bollocks.

He mugged you. He, as near as I can read it, committed a state jail felony worth up to a $10K fine and 2 years incarceration. People like that should not have an FFL.

Do the police report even if you don't think Hays county will work it. They will, at minimum, have to document what happened and why they think it's not worth further investigation. The creation of that paper trail could be very important in the future. Get the number (case, ID, report, whatever they call it) attached to the report and save it. You may need it later.

And as much as I hate to say this...report the incident to the BATFE and ask them if an FFL holder who commits crimes like this should be allowed to keep their FFL.

Do not let this asshat get away with being this evil. If you get him locked up, I would guess you're doing his community and his family a hell of a big favor. If he loses his FFL, you're doing all us 2A-appreciating patriots a big favor.
    This. Absolutely!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

He ain't part of the team. He is a cheater and criminal hiding on the team. More than likely, he has tried this before. And got away with it hiding behind being an FFL. Or he will do it again. Or both.
    More than likely, him or his staff was trying to get a free gun. What he should have done if illegall, especially if ATF was oon site, is give it back to you, report it to event staff and the ATF and let them handle it. Let you get caught with it in your possesion. If it was illegal and he got caught with it without being able to show where he got it and reporting it immediatly to LE, he would be in a lot of trouble.
    Nope, he is a scammer and needs to be reported to ALL LE concerned.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom