And I had hoped the fudds had all been kicked out...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "He made baseless accusations that I was violating the law, threatened me with jail time, insulted me, and made unhinged comments about my parents not raising me correctly for being disrespectful to his self-appointed authority to seize my firearm."

It sounds like he has a genuine mental illness.

The attempt to intimidate as a tactic for theft...is quite insane.

I wonder if it's too late to file charges...if of course, you feel strongly enough about this nutter's criminal behavior?

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    BTW, male Karens are being called "Kevins"...

That one needs to have his hand slapped!!

I had a man verbally assault me for cutting in line as I walked up to say hi to a friend standing there... similar convo about my parents etc after I told him to phuch off and go away. Hard to get over such incidents at first, but it will fade.

AndrewBuda

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Texas
    "He made baseless accusations that I was violating the law, threatened me with jail time, insulted me, and made unhinged comments about my parents not raising me correctly for being disrespectful to his self-appointed authority to seize my firearm."

It sounds like he has a genuine mental illness.

The attempt to intimidate as a tactic for theft...is quite insane.

I wonder if it's too late to file charges...if of course, you feel strongly enough about this nutter's criminal behavior?
    Not really sure there's any benefit to pressing charges when I have the gun back in my possession. Could be wrong but I can't imagine Hays County is going to spend much time on that. I'm usually a fan of self policing anyway, when keep our own people clean it means less cops looking our way which in a world of absurd and ever changing gun laws has benefits.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Not really sure there's any benefit to pressing charges when I have the gun back in my possession.
    Yeah, that's the way embezzlers think. "If I give the money back, I haven't really committed a crime."

That's bollocks.

He mugged you. He, as near as I can read it, committed a state jail felony worth up to a $10K fine and 2 years incarceration. People like that should not have an FFL.

Do the police report even if you don't think Hays county will work it. They will, at minimum, have to document what happened and why they think it's not worth further investigation. The creation of that paper trail could be very important in the future. Get the number (case, ID, report, whatever they call it) attached to the report and save it. You may need it later.

And as much as I hate to say this...report the incident to the BATFE and ask them if an FFL holder who commits crimes like this should be allowed to keep their FFL.

Do not let this asshat get away with being this evil. If you get him locked up, I would guess you're doing his community and his family a hell of a big favor. If he loses his FFL, you're doing all us 2A-appreciating patriots a big favor.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Once you have filed a police report as Ben recommended, I would contact Big Tex Gun Shows and also share your story (and the police report) with them.

I am not familiar with Big Tex, but every gun show promoter I know would want to know about such actions taking place during their events!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am not familiar with Big Tex, but every gun show promoter I know would want to know about such actions taking place during their events!
    Formal correspondence to make sure the promoters know about this is a good idea. But that's not a big community and I sincerely hope that every promoter out there has already heard about this.

Tejas deserves to be blackballed out of those 40 gun shows a year that he claims online.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    As is often the case, Ben is making some really good points. Go ahead and see if the Sheriff's department will let you press charges. If not, maybe the Constable - smaller department with less territory to cover.

As far as I know Dripping Springs hasn't gotten around to forming their own police department yet, unlike Buda and Kyle.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I had the "hall monitors" at Wannamaker in Tulsa advise and politely ask me to place a short barreled rifle I had on my table under my table once. They were correct and I complied Later sold it at SAR Never had any other problem in 50 years of gunshows. Oh some know it alls would comment on my stocked pistols, lugers Mausers Brownings and other legal guns being "illegal" but never a hassle.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Go ahead and see if the Sheriff's department will let you press charges. If not, maybe the Constable - smaller department with less territory to cover.
    As I understand it, the LEA that takes a report doesn't get to make that decision. That's up to the DA's office.

But also as far as I know, no LEA may refuse to take a report. They can delay and get pissy about it. I've even heard them grumble about "You know you can be prosecuted for making a false report, right?" But they can't refuse to take the report. I've been down that road before and after being rebuffed more than once, the LEA involved did finally send someone to me to take a report. Nothing ever came of it but I had the case number. If the guy who threatened to burn down my house had carried out his threat I think the report would have been a useful piece of evidence.

Also, if there are multiple jurisdictions involved, I suggest making the report at each of them. If you're the victim of a crime, it would be nice to be as helpful to LE as possible, right?

Top Bottom