• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Obviously you don't know jack because Steve Martin can play banjo. He aint no Earl Scruggs but doesn't suck either.

Yes, I don't know Jack (Even don't know his last name), but Steve Martin is not going to give up his acting gig to go full time on a road band.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I like some new country, but a lot of it belongs on pop stations. I HATE that Jason Aldean song (chillin on the back roads?) where he starts rapping. I took my girlfriend to the Lady Antabellum concert at the American Airlines center in Dallas a couple months ago, that crap was diarrhea in my ear.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    This one time, I was hanging out with one of my "rap friends" who is so white he glows in the dark. Anyway, we were in his rice burner, with a giant system, he was listening to dmx.

Then this giant truck pulled up, their windows rolled down, buncha cowboys, with their sound system, listening to bob wills. I look over and they're all black, and everyone in our car was white. Anyway, after crying we were laughing so hard, we pulled over and hang out the rest of the night.
    rolmfao
    You kids these days... Great story

LeStrange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Austin
    ACM awards lost me when they rolled out LL f-in Cool J. Last year it was Lionel Richie. They just don't get it. Try as they might, black people aint ever gonna like country. Hootie, (Darius Rucker) is not country, neither is Rhianna; I don't care who she "duets" with.

Hahahahahaha that's really funny seeing as I'm black, a female and I like Country music. And I mean REAL Country music starting from Hank Sr., Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson etc on up to Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson etc. And no I don't like Darius Rucker and don't think he is REAL Country music. Although I think Cowboy Troy is ok. I don't listen to the radio except when I'm in the car with my friend and it's always on the Country station he likes or I'll play my Ipod but that's when we travel out of the city or state. He can't really get down with some of my music because it's too "dark and negative" lol. Nor do I watch any of the music awards that come on TV. In fact really the only channel my TV is always on is TCM(Turner Classic Music) because I'm a Silent, Black and White, Western and Color Talkie Movie fanatic. Most of what comes on TV and the radio is BS and bores me. The last time I actually watched CMT was 04-05. That channel hasn't been good since the 90's on up to 05. My musical taste ranges from Death Metal(really all forms of Metal but my favs are Death, Doom, Sludge, Depressive/Suicidal, and Black Metal) to EBM Industrial, Oldies from the 50's-60's, Big Band/Swing(I'm big into the 1900's), Cheesy 70's and 80's love songs, Country, Bluegrass, 90's Alternative(I'm a 90's junkie), New Wave, Classic Rock, Electronica etc. Basically every genre but Rap, Hip Hop, Soul, R:B, and Mexican music. I also like Celtic and other European music. The only kind of Rap I do like is Gangster Rap like NWA, Eazy E, and all that other 90's Cali Gangster Rap. I'm a Metal Head and typically if a Metal Head likes Rap it's NWA and that type of stuff. So yes there are black folk out there that do like Country music and other Non Rap music. You just have to get out more and you'll see.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Charlie Pride is a bad ass! And looked like he was doing good at the world series last year. And Mic I'm with ya I like it to. So don't feel bad about that. And Lestrange Hank and the crew are best I like the old country that my wife calls "slit my wrist music", but i don't here it like that much at all

And just pecase I can.....
    Yall gonna make me loose my mind up in heeeah up in heeah! Yall gonna make me go all out up in here.

Top Bottom