• shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Am watching this debacle on CBS.

Alan Jackson and George Strait sang it long ago: "Murder on Music Row."

What ever happened to pure Country Music? Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, George Jones, & the like?

Where is the fiddle and steel guitar?

Nashville sold it's soul to compete with Rap, Rock, and MTV Trash.

"Twang" and heavy guitars/drums do not equal Country Music.
    Hurley's Gold

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX

What ever happened to pure Country Music? Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, George Jones, & the like?

Nashville sold it's soul to compete with Rap, Rock, and MTV Trash.

"Twang" and heavy guitars/drums do not equal Country Music.

you're pretty much spot on, buddy. its a damn shame what has happened to music.

Rap: we used to have biggie, now we have "lil wayne" *shudders*
    Rock: we used to have Skynyrd, now we have Green Day. gross.
    Country: we used to have Hank #1, now we have RASCAL FLATS!!! WTF

its sucks, dude.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Don't even mention those Rascals, they have Steve Martin pickin' a fake banjo.

Banjo is for Blue-Grass, not Country.

Be well.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thats why I try to keep it on 95.9, at least it's still commin' from the heart. Can't believe people still listen to the crap and the stations still call themselves "country". I have also found the new station 92.9 to be descent but they still mix in alittle of the garbage. I have a hard time comming to terms with the fact that most "country" fans have no idea who Bob Wills is.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Today's "country" music is more pop than anything. The only country music station I listen to in dfw is 95.3 the range because you won't catch crap like Toby Keith or Taylor swift on there. It's mostly Texas singer song writers and old school country like Johnny cash, hank, Robert earl keen, etc.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    banjo is a spectacular instrument! It is as country as a steel guitar and a lip harp, and a yodel!

Time to find don Walser on my iTunes. And listen to some real country...

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    "Country" music is pretty much pop now days. Theres a few good guys from Nashville but not too many. I have a few buddies who sing Texas Country who might all jump me if they ever hear my radio playing nashville stuff. For me its Texas Country or nothing. Sad part is some of those guys are going main stream.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    country music has changed - but the singers, artists, bands, etc - really havent - they're salt of the earth and represent their industry well - especially with the fan base

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I like and listen to mostly Texas country (Jason Boland, Roger Craeger, Kyle Park, Wade Bowman etc. I actually went to high school with Kyle Park and I'm good friends with one of his cousins, I've seen him live once with Roger creager he is awesome) but I listen to everything from TX country, old country (the Hag Johnny cash Marty Robins and the like) to rock and rap not so much the rap but you get the idea. Main stream country not so much but sometimes. I keep my radio tuned to 98.1 over most of the time now that Sammy Alred is gone Bob wasn't bad but I'm kinda glad they have the folks they do on the morning show now. I never liked Sammy. But the stuff That country is putting out now ain't all bad.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I'm not a huge country fan I guess, but Hank Sr, Jr, etc... ok... it took LOTS of convincing that Rascal F were not women singing... even with video I was skeptical...

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

That died too about twenty years ago. Now all this pimped out, schmaltzy, wireless headphone mic, Achy Breaky Heart drivel makes me want to vomit every time I see it or hear it. Country music and rock 'n' roll both died, and the only enjoyment left is on "classic" radio stations or breaking out your own CDs and even...*gasp*...vinyl albums.

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    ACM awards lost me when they rolled out LL f-in Cool J. Last year it was Lionel Richie. They just don't get it. Try as they might, black people aint ever gonna like country. Hootie, (Darius Rucker) is not country, neither is Rhianna; I don't care who she "duets" with.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Now I personally know at least three people that are black and like country music and not just the new stuff we're talking cash willed waylon pride and Robinson and so on. So I don't buy that " black people don't listen to country music" BS. Because they do. Ist like white people listen to rap.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You know, particularly in Texas, there is a lot of traditionally black music, jazz influence in early country music, if you listen to Bob wills and say Milton brown, you'll hear them go out on these awesome jazz instrumentals that scream what I call Dixieland jazz, with huge influences from people like Louis Armstrong or the 4 piece band na"arlins. Couple that with the obvious influence of a distinctly black genre of delta blues... There is a lot of "flavor" sprinkled in, at the roots of what I call real country.

This one time, I was hanging out with one of my "rap friends" who is so white he glows in the dark. Anyway, we were in his rice burner, with a giant system, he was listening to dmx.

Then this giant truck pulled up, their windows rolled down, buncha cowboys, with their sound system, listening to bob wills. I look over and they're all black, and everyone in our car was white. Anyway, after crying we were laughing so hard, we pulled over and hang out the rest of the night.

Top Bottom