• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    And any other things I should be considering?

Looking into helper bags currently and a place to get them installed! Have to be careful though as GM doesn't want non GM parts on their trucks and I've heard of people having warranty issues!

Sent from...wait where am I!?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    And any other things I should be considering?

Looking into helper bags currently and a place to get them installed! Have to be careful though as GM doesn't want non GM parts on their trucks and I've heard of people having warranty issues!

I love air bags on my trucks. Many kits are bolt on and pretty easy to install if you have a place to do it. The '08 Chevy I drove for work didn't squat much though. Depending on how much you tow you may not need them.

I put a bug deflector, window vent things, and a brush guard on my current truck and that is all. It could use a tint though but I won't do much else until my 100k warranty is up.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That 3500 ain't gonna squat. It ain't a Ford.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Having driving both I can agree with that statement even though I am a Ford man.

The '08 Chevy 3500 dually I drove rode very well empty and loaded down. Surprisingly well considering it squatted very little with a heavy gooseneck on it.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    How long does the average CP4 last? From the research I've done the lift pump (theoretically) prolongs the life of a cp4 even on stock trucks!

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    That's just it - it's theory. It can't be proven that it prolongs the life. If an upgraded fuel system lasts the life of the truck, say 300k miles, how can they know for a fact that it would not have lasted the same with a stock fuel system.

You are overthinking things. There are plenty of guys out there with bone stock trucks that are supremely reliable. Mine is a 2011 (first year of CP4) with 125k miles. I would say 90%+ of them are with a trailer behind it. Zero issues except for one niggle with the DEF tank. My truck is pretty much stock except for a Banks intake. Tires are slightly oversize but that's about it. If you want to add a lift pump, sure go ahead. On a stock truck I think you'd be better off just converting to CP3, but even then I think either is unnecessary.

Your truck is brand new. It's a Duramax. It has a warranty. Quit worrying so much!
    Not worried which is quite a relief! Just trying to learn and understand diesel engines as I have zero knowledge/experience and I'm starting at square one!

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I concur with what savage says. Give your truck trailer a year and then see what you need or wants are. On a side note with your trailer get a water pressure regulator. I learned the hard way that trailer plumbing can't handle the hose pressures.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    I concur with what savage says. Give your truck trailer a year and then see what you need or wants are. On a side note with your trailer get a water pressure regulator. I learned the hard way that trailer plumbing can't handle the hose pressures.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Pressure regulator is at the top of the list, I've heard lots of horror stories!

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    When it comes to fuel.....is all diesel the same or is it like gas where different brands have better additives and such?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    When it comes to fuel.....is all diesel the same or is it like gas where different brands have better additives and such?

Not really an issue now a days, but don't buy diesel at the small shops that don't sell much (like less than a customer a day). Condensation will water it down from it not getting rotated.

Truck stops usually have good diesel but most of it is about the same. The color is just a marking die but I have found the more it foams the better it burns but that is just a hunch.

Don't run red farm diesel in your truck either. It is usually dirty and comes with big fines if you get caught with it.

Top Bottom