• ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    AK Prices

For what its worth, somebody's getting overstocked...I got a flyer a day or so ago from J&S Sales in AZ and they have WASR10s for $389......

Thats the ones that often have a canted sight which is easily fixed and the laminated stock that looks rather plain. I got one from an individual a while back and ran about a hundred rounds through it, not any problems but the front sight which I remedied and then I sold it to another individual for the same $550......

AKs are not my bag but I would have felt secure with it in whatever situation except at 600-1000 yards..They are tough and I admit it....

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    $900 to about $1100 is what I have been seeing Arsenals go for lateley. I am not an expert, but my advise would be to hit gunbroker and buy a MAC90 for about $550ish, they have a slightly thicker receiver and from what I have heard are probably one of the best imported AKs.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Thats way too high for a good AK.

Buy a Saiga rifle in 7.62x39 and have it converted. You will then have a top tier AK built by the Russians in the original AK factory for about 500 bucks.

The Saiga will run you maybe 360 bucks, then take it to Elk River Tool & Die and they will charge around 200-250 to convert it. Those guys really know AKs and will do it right.

I have a custom built AK that Elk River built out of a Bulgarian parts kit and their receiver and I spent about 550-600 on it and its fantastic. Elk River is located off 290 and Pinemont and are great people to deal with.

Screw the 1000 dollar AKs...thats just crazy for an AK. Stay away from Collectors Firearms unless your last name is Gates, Kenedy or Rockefeller...their prices are insane.

- brickboy240

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I'll second the Saiga but convert it at home and save the money. Really easy to make the bullet guide and notch the mag catch if you have a dremel, everything else is bolt on. Best way to get a new AK, shouldn't have sold mine.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    If you live in NW Houston, you owe it to yourself to call or go by Elk River and see the AKs they make. Fantastic workmanship and a company that stands behind what they make and you'd be supporting a local company.

I am very happy with my Elk River built AK and am thinking about picking up a 223 caliber Saiga and having them convert it.

- brickboy240

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    D are you starting to get the EBR sickness?
    I was just curious as to what you are getting "converted" are we talking calibers or what?

I'm a lever gun guy, however, the wife and kids are getting the itch after firing Praying For War's. Damn you Pete!

However, if I can use it to sneak in a Benelli M2 or M4.....

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If you live in NW Houston, you owe it to yourself to call or go by Elk River and see the AKs they make. Fantastic workmanship and a company that stands behind what they make and you'd be supporting a local company.

I am very happy with my Elk River built AK and am thinking about picking up a 223 caliber Saiga and having them convert it.

- brickboy240

Yup, I'm right up 290 & Beltway 8. Sounds like walk-ins are welcomed?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Off the top of my head:
    (1) YHM 10.5 SBR with a can
    (2) YHM Black Diamond Spectre Carbines
    (1) LMT Defender 2000 Gas Piston with custom dipped multi-cam
    (1) LMT Defender
    (1) S&W M&P15T
    (1) Colt HBAR Match w/A2 furniture and sights
    (1) Colt CAR NIB all original
    (1) FNH SCAR Light (not really an AR, but pretty damn cool)
    One or two other AR's
    The only AK type we have on the shelf right now is a VZ 58... stop in, I know we can lay hands on Arsenals, Wassers and several others relativley quick....

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I will PM you my number, I have somebody enlisting friday, should be done early enough I can meet you up there....

Top Bottom