• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Got this in my email but I don’t do podcasts. Has anyone listened to this? If so, can you pass along the Cliff’s Notes version?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Got this in my email but I don’t do podcasts. Has anyone listened to this? If so, can you pass along the Cliff’s Notes version?

Have not. No idea who the guest speaker is and she doesn’t have much of a CV.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Listening right now.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Some former police officer who use to write articles for a police newsletter or magazine. She is stating that the cops were not at fault or cowards, and that the school administration, and faculty were the major breakdown of why what happened, happened. She almost defends Arredondo's actions that day, in stating his mistake was, treating it as a hostage situation, rather than an active shooter situation. She spends a lot of time criticizing people who weren't there for having an opinion, while at the same time, she's putting forth HER opinion, and she wasn't there either! (Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!)

IMO, just someone spouting off and more fluff!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    16:25 to 16:55 is enough to establish her mindset.

She may be right that by the time the very first officers arrived everyone who was going to get shot was already shot.

But her notion that officer safety trumps saving people who might be able to survive if they get immediate medical help is more than a little off-putting.

Understand, she doesn't explicitly say those words but if you spend 2 minutes thinking over her saying
    He shoots at them. OK. Back away! Regroup. You don't back away and then decide 'Oh, we're just going to keep sending people and see how many of us he can pop off.' Right? Is that tactically sound? No. So, you cannot call these officers cowards. They ran to the shooting. I don't believe in my heart of hearts nor in my logical thinking that they could have saved anybody in that room. I think they were already dead.
    I don't care what she thinks. It takes time to bleed out. Not much time, but some. The "tactically sound" way she applauds the officer on the scene for acting was a course of action whose only purpose under those circumstances was to ensure officer safety. As a side effect, it made absolutely certain that anyone in that room who was already bleeding would die.

But at least all the officers got to go home safe that night, right? And that's what's important, right?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

She may be right that by the time the very first officers arrived everyone who was going to get shot was already shot.

But her notion that officer safety trumps saving people who might be able to survive if they get immediate medical help is more than a little off-putting.

Understand, she doesn't explicitly say those words but if you spend 2 minutes thinking over her saying

I don't care what she thinks. It takes time to bleed out. Not much time, but some. The "tactically sound" way she applauds the officer on the scene for acting was a course of action whose only purpose under those circumstances was to ensure officer safety. As a side effect, it made absolutely certain that anyone in that room who was already bleeding would die.

But at least all the officers got to go home safe that night, right? And that's what's important, right?
    Thanks Ben, that was pretty much my takeaway as well.

ETA: She almost sounds like she is using the Hillary Clinton's logic in the Benghazi massacre fiasco.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Not the case. Shooting went on for about 20 minutes while they decided who was in charge. Some feel that many less would have died / been injured had someone took charge and confronted the shooter instead of trying to decide who was in charge. What I was told by someone who knows.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thanks, Ben. Glad I didn’t waste my time on it.

…She may be right that by the time the very first officers arrived everyone who was going to get shot was already shot….
    That is irrelevant for a whole lot of reasons but if you think about it and accept that argument (and I originally did until the video was released) it can be accepted right up to the second round of gunfire with officers in the hallway. At that point, it’s an active shooter again and the worst case risk is the hostage taker had executed children.

I’m not a cop. What I know about hostage rescue is from .mil TTPs. It’s accepted the HRT assaulters will take casualties. That mindset is wholly incompatible with officer safety being the first priority. The second round of shooting established the bad guy controlled the scene and some weird Stockholm syndrome set in with the LEOs, especially given ballistic shields were available.

I lament the fact there was no strategic corporal that day.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I wonder who these parents expect to collect from? I’ve said before - everyone who screwed this up and created the conditions for this is local. The shooter was a degenerate low life and local law enforcement and school staff knew about him, his degenerate mother and grandparents. The school staff failed to secure the doors and keep them in good repair, and local law enforcement failed on the big day, assisted by numerous other LEO’s. But the fault lies right there in their own town.

I sort of get why they want to blame everyone else. It’s got to hurt to look in the mirror.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I wonder who these parents expect to collect from? I’ve said before - everyone who screwed this up and created the conditions for this is local. The shooter was a degenerate low life and local law enforcement and school staff knew about him, his degenerate mother and grandparents. The school staff failed to secure the doors and keep them in good repair, and local law enforcement failed on the big day, assisted by numerous other LEO’s. But the fault lies right there in their own town.

I sort of get why they want to blame everyone else. It’s got to hurt to look in the mirror.
    So they are suing themselves.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

The gun manufacturer. Because the bottom-feeding lawyers know who has the deepest pockets! Lawyers will proclaim that Daniel Defense put a gun into the hands ofa killer!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Hindsight is 20/20
    Anyone with the least amount of training or common sense should have known people were dying and gone in.

It is disgusting so many, who had the training, the tools and the trust of the public to recognize the situation and to react appropriately failed to prevent so many from dying.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Top Bottom