• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Would you do it if the government made you that offer?
    I'm not picky, but I'd prefer to give the ammo to a member here though...
    My elderly parents live with me and just got their 2nd vaccine last week, but if something would happen to me, there would be nobody to take care of them.
    Military Camp

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'm not picky, but I'd prefer to give the ammo to a member here though...
    My elderly parents live with me and just got their 2nd vaccine last week, but if something would happen to me, there would be nobody to take care of them.
    Surely, you know though, that no one here can give you "their" dose of the vaccine... essentially, you are going to have to get in line to get it from the government, even if it's not the government ultimately administering it.

Rest assured, I will not be getting in line ahead of you!

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Surely, you know though, that no one here can give you "their" dose of the vaccine... essentially, you are going to have to get in line to get it from the government, even if it's not the government ultimately administering it.

We still FREE here in USA (at least as of 2/11/21) to choose whether or not to receive this sugar water saline solution disguised as an actual vaccine.

So I wont be getting in any line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    We still FREE here in USA (at least as of 2/11/21) to choose whether or not to receive this sugar water saline solution disguised as an actual vaccine.

So I wont be getting in any line.

Go look at the VAERS data. It ain’t saline and I ain’t taking it neither.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    First of all I’m not taking it, way to early to be proven effective, there are way to many questions that are unanswered. Second of I’m won’t stand in line for hours, have to register and wonder how long it’s good for! Hell I won’t wait in line or be on a waiting list to get something to eat!

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Is ammo impossible to find? Distributors are rationing allocations. When you do find ammo, it will probably be at “regular pricing” and available for very small periods of time with strict limits on per customer purchases. A few larger players are fighting for allocations of pallets of ammo (mostly international brands) as they arrive in America and clear customs. This ammo is selling for double or more what it cost a year ago. The average cost of popular calibers of ammunition during recent history including the “big years” of 2009 and 2013 makes for a realistic comparison. Caliber .223 rose to 0.68 per round in 2013 while 9mm hit a high of 0.54 in 2013. According to ATF and FBI data there were 10,844,792 guns sold in 2013, projecting that we will hit 20,000,000 in 2020 before the end of the year. That would represent an increase in sales of 84.4% in 2020 over “the big year” of 2013. Currently average ammo price on Ammoseek for 223 is $1.10 per round. Currently the average ammo price on Ammoseek for 9mm is 0.84 per round. If you adjust ammunition costs from 2013 up 84.4% based on demand, it is safe to say that ammo pricing increases at least for the next couple months could continue to rise to as much as an average of $1.25 for .223 and an average of 0.99 for 9mm. The forecast is that ammo prices will rise an additional 12-25%. Eventually, the primer supply will increase, and the manufactures' currently backordered in the billions will catch up. Will we ever see “the good ole days” of ammo prices again? I doubt it.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Mexico produces plenty of ammunition
    Interesting insight.. the cartels are billionaires.. a bag of cocaine is just pennies to them. They can (and will) pay whatever price they have to in order to keep their cronies locked and loaded. Filthy, evil, barbaric devil worshippers.. the lot of them.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Buying from Academy is fine. They have slightly increased pricing compared to others, including Bass Pro and Field & Stream and availability is much better. I would like to think it is because their vendor increased the price, maybe a surcharge. I will continue to purchase from Academy when I need, it's available, and meets my price point. Their supply to a specific store may be based on volume, so the more they sell the more they get in the disbursement. I think the real problem is the scalping and other methods mentioned above. It has a pretty big impact on the other market and new firearms owners are going to pay it right now, some just out of ignorance. I too believe things will get worse before better in the long run due to stupid bills such as SheJack's and Green's. If they get any real regional or national publicity at all, there will be a greater run on ammo and firearms. I do see a little more availability right now but believe it will be short lived.
    Exactly.. this ammo market is now driven by FEAR.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas

NO VACCINE FOR ME.. EVER. I will not comply.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Went to Academy on Tuesday and picked up 3×100 rds Monarch 7.62x39 for $29.99 each around 10:30. They also had some Winchester 7.62×51 for $21.99/20.
    Monarch is academy's house brand.. manufactured by Barnaul in Russia. 30 cents per round is a decent price these days.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    The local one went from a 3 to a 2 box limit yesterday. At least they had 28 gauge shells. Need some for this weekend.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    28 gauge is all I’ve seen consistently. Did see Win 308 a couple weeks ago.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Ya I checked a store out this morning...no bulk packs but plenty of brass 223 at 11.99/20. Of course it's monarch. That price point should slow the neckbearding. At 65 CPR to buy the margins are seriously shrinking. Also noticed mostly m80 and federal 7.62x51. Looks like some military ammo is being diverted for retail sales. At 21.99/20 it's no bargain.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    went again this morning. Talked to the guy up front and everything went up $2. 20pack x39 is $10 now, 308 was $23 and down to two boxes

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Hey minion that's a decent score. Considering they are now selling their house brand for more than anything else, it a sure sign of what's to come. My usual buyer said it's going to get out of control in Q2 of this year.
    At the risk of starting a panic, I'll still say it...BUY NOW ! Whatever you can wherever it's reasonable. Unless you reload you're up the creek sans paddle. I'm set because I reload but still snapping up steel range fodder. Now that academy's monarch 223(brass) has hit 60 CPR expect to see 223 at $1/1rd going into spring.

We were all joking about it a few months ago. Now nobody is laughing. If you care to keep shooting, buy now or cry later.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    So... in the last couple of weeks Academy has dropped the limit from 3 to 2 boxes any ammo. Since a week ago last Monday every time I went to get ammo - they had it. Didn't always have what I wanted, 9mm but the had either or .22lr or 5.56, .223. Like today I went to 3 Academy and Cabela's. Only one Academy did not have what I wanted. That's not to say they had nothing but I had already bought 400rds 5.56 M193 at another and I'm setting pretty good on AR15 rounds. At Cabelas I got 1000rds Winchester Black .22lr. A another Academy I only managed 100 rds Aguila 22lr. But all the stores had a fair amount of what they had.

Top Bottom