• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Gov. Abbot says if the homeless situation in Austin is not dealt with by Nov. 1, he will unleash the power of every state agency to deal with it. Adler pussed out and said he doesn't see it as a threat to the city and "welcomes" the help.

I simply cannot believe, despite the liberal state of Austin, that people here are so stupid as to vote for Steve Adler.
    DK Firearms

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    So what do you think abbot can do about the homeless situation? I'm open minded. I've just never heard or have seen any good options that work.

Serious be realistic, I'd love to hear a plan.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    So what do you think abbot can do about the homeless situation? I'm open minded. I've just never heard or have seen any good options that work.

OTOH........Community First by Loaves and Fishes seems to be having some success.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I expect City of Austin wants money. I expect the Abbot won’t provide it.

Abbot could declare a public health emergency and clean stuff up, but homelessness, both politically and socially, is and has been acceptable to the city for so long that it won’t go away.

I recall when Leslie came to town and the public outrage at his antics was met with typical Austin ‘celebrate weird’ mindset of the council.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    OTOH........Community First by Loaves and Fishes seems to be having some success.
    Quick read and it looks like it's on the up and up. Who pays for it?

I've done some repair work in city housing to get homeless off the streets in downtown LA. It's a scary place to be. It's just off skid row.
    Public housing authority might have been the name of the city department.

Drugs, crime, violence. Entitlement.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I road by Austin once about 10 years ago I didn't know it became a mini LA. I heard it was a nice city once now it is just another haven for the libs. Doesn't this remind anybody of Steinbeck's the "Grapes of Wrath" I mean instead of Hoovervilles they have the LA, San Fran, Baltimore and most of the Democrap run cities. Maybe we can call the obamavilles etc. At least the people in the book were trying to work during the depression. Now it seems like the majority are strung out dope addicts etc. How can you help people that don't care to help themselves anymore. It's seems like that is going to be what happens to the country if they ever get back in power, and if the republicans don't feel like habitual losers and that is their place in politics.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I simply cannot believe, despite the liberal state of Austin, that people here are so stupid as to vote for Steve Adler.
    We moved from WA last year. It's a liberal phenomenon:
    920x920.jpg

Attachments

• 920x920.jpg
      920x920.jpg
      27.6 KB · Views: 522

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

Enforce the law. In many instances, even though there might not be a municipal ordinance covering things (or the city chooses not to have such ordinances), there are plenty of state laws to crack down on the criminal activity among the homeless. Call me a heartless son of a bîtch if you wish; however, being homeless does not give one the golden ticket to break the law.

Top Bottom