Venture Surplus ad

82 degrees is the forecast for Christmas here in Austin. That’s just wrong!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    82 degrees is the forecast for Christmas here in Austin. That’s just wrong!!
    I'm from Montana and really miss the snow and having a white Christmas. Last night I had this link playing and maximized on my large flat screen TV at home. And today it’s playing in the background on my monitor here at work to enjoy once in a while.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    I'm up in Michigan, forecast here is 40s and raining, just like today.

It's almost the end of December, where the hell is the snow, Mother Nature? Get your shit together!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    +1
    Don't know about where you are, but here, people are driving like 2 year olds. Snow would mean a lot of dead people for Christmas.
    And I'll take 86 for Christmas anytime. Ain't no skimoe.

Or polar bear.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    +1
    Don't know about where you are, but here, people are driving like 2 year olds. Snow would mean a lot of dead people for Christmas.

Or polar bear.

:-). I understand the sentiment. Love living in Texas, I've been here for 17 years now. Just miss home and the white Christmas I grew up with. Sure don't miss shoveling it though. :)

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    It was nice to get out and get some sun today. Had on shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Got the bike out of storage and back at the house and was able to get some shopping done. Had one guy loose his mind over me honking for him to move while the lights green lmao. Merry Christmas to you transplant haha. Next I was blocked in by a F150 extended cab....so here's a tip. If you buy a bigass truck and lack the skills to park it? Go park further out. You'll lose weight off that fat ass and the rest of us won't be pissed at you.

We're moving soon

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    +1

Or polar bear.

Oh God, that reminds me of our first winter after moving up to Michigan. We had left the Texas plates on the van even though mom grew up here, and everyone local saw the plates and assumed the driver didn't know how to deal with snowy/icy roads. Was pretty nice having that 20 yard perimeter front and back of us.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Thought I'd remembered more than a few very warm Christmas' in Texas and Louisiana when growing up basically in both places.

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2015/12/24/christmas-eve-1955-was-much-warmer/

And, while digitizing some old 35mm slides recently, found this one, clearly marked 12/25/1965. Had recently arrived from overseas and was showing off one of our Quarter horses to my new bride from England, who couldn't believe how hot Texas was.

Some things never change, except the weather in Texas,
    Y'all have a Merry Texas Christmas, ya hear ...

332c8xv.jpg

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Looks like the central Texas weather will take a turn in the next few days. Even though we got gas logs installed in the fireplace for an early Christmas present, I do hope the warm weather holds through Saturday afternoon. My 'every' Saturday morning bicycle ride is suffering mightily !!! ;)

Top Bottom