• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Don't know about how many steps, but I'm walking 4 time a week at a local park. Timewise, it's 65-68 minutes, so about 3-1/4 to about 3-1/2 miles. My daughter bought a real nice tread mill, that I use when the weather is bad, so no more excuses, lol.
    ARJ Defense ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This is a fitness thread….
    1cfbf1e2d6ea1ea6628b34c0e30726db.jpg

I’ve never been a counter, always a doer which is a large reason why endurance sports worked well for me.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The last week from yesterday.

The calories is in addition to the 1800 to 2200 or so you burn a day just by being alive.

Steps....Day...miles...calories burned.

8200 Monday 3.95 miles 412 calories
    5370 Sunday 2.56 miles 269 calories
    5961 Saturday 2.89 miles 297 calories
    5877 Friday 2.83 miles 294 calories
    6213 Thursday 3.02 Miles 311 calories
    4599 Wednesday 2.22 miles 230 calories
    6658 Tuesdat 3.3 miles 335 calories.

Week totals
    42878 steps. 20.77 miles. 2148 calories

Screenshot_20220419-124359_Samsung Health.jpg

I could be doing much worse. I'll be laid up a couple days from the surgery but probably start my mile walks again before friday.

All my steps over the 1.25 mile walks is just walking around the house, doing house work etc.

As crippled as I am needing pain meds daily and still getting in what I do in very short windows of time, anyone can do it.

Burning an extra 3500 calories over your intake will burn about a lbs of fat. Limiting intake to 1800 calories a day and burning an extra 2000 calories a week will lose you 2 lbs a month.

Add some very light resistant exercises to build a little muscle will increase the daily calories used because muscle will burn more calories a day plus the exercise, calories burned, to build it wont show in in a simple step tracker but might show in some fit bits or smart watches that monitor heart rate and other activity.

It all pays off. My fasting blood sugar at the hospital was 78 this morning. That was with me off all but one of my meds. Before it was 130 to 150 with 4 different diabetic medications. It was almost 300 a couple years ago with no meds.

So go take a walk. Lift 5 or 10 pound weights. Do 2 or 3 hundred pushups leaning against the wall then transition to leaning against the counter then on your knees on the floor then regular pushups

You all can do it!

Boy I ramble when high on drugs dont I. Lol

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    The calories you burn according to the fitness trackers are almost always way over what you actually burn
    They all.over estimate
    I'm in complete agreement with that. As I said earlier, I keep track of my steps mostly for deductions on insurance premiums. What would be a lot more telling is heart rate monitoring. Walking around with your pulse rate never getting over 100, wouldn't do you nearly as much good as 15 minutes of moderate activity.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The calories you burn according to the fitness trackers are almost always way over what you actually burn
    They all.over estimate
    I'm one of those lucky ones that don't really have to worry about calories so much. Being that I'm not married I don't mainly have to follow an eating timetable, my body tells me when I need to intake calories, hence I have a food drawer in my desk at work.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm one of those lucky ones that don't really have to worry about calories so much. Being that I'm not married I don't mainly have to follow an eating timetable, my body tells me when I need to intake calories, hence I have a food drawer in my desk at work.

I've met you and you don't have a problem with over eating!

Top Bottom