Join TexasGunTalk

6.5mm Creedmoor - Good Hunting Round?

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Stick_Shift, Aug 8, 2019.

1. rmantoo

rmantoo Cranky old fart: Pull my finger

Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    LMAO!!! Awesome. Thanks! I'm a 51-almost-52 yo codger...some acronyms leave me feeling flat footed :)

2. Stick_Shift

Stick_Shift New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Lake Whitney
    I saw that. My credit card is about to get dinged. Any suggestions for a good scope mount?

3. rmantoo

rmantoo Cranky old fart: Pull my finger

Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MSJP2J...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I have a set of these- they came with a scope I bought used. They've been perfectly functional so far.

__NOTE__ I haven't checked the OD of the diamondback scope... no idea if these are the right size for ID or height

4. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

May 5, 2016
    NE Texas
    I think I used Vortex rings, though I can't remember the size off the top of my head.

5. Stick_Shift

Stick_Shift New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Lake Whitney
    Well, dadgummit...I didn't get my rifle.

My local gun store in Waco put the order in correctly, but somehow the rifle just did not get shipped and the order was cancelled by the distributor. So, I've got a scope, a bipod, and a cheek rest with no rifle.

So, now I gotta figure out what to do next. I want to patronize my local gun shops to keep them in business, but I've not had good luck with online sales with the exception of Cabela's (their service has been awesome for me thus far, so I don't mind paying them a little extra).

Also, do you know how expensive Creedmoor ammo is?! I may try to go with something that fires less expensive ammo.

6. EZ-E

EZ-E III%er

May 4, 2017
    Cypress

I just so happen to have a Ruger American Predator with 40 rounds through it. I'll sell you for $350.
    I could meet you in College Station tonight. I even put resin in the stock with some steel rods to beef up the stock flex. If your interested shoot me a pm.

I've seen 200rd Hornady ammo box on ammoseek for $140ish plus shipping.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  7. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Love to see that happen....but he's a lefty.:banghead:

8. Stick_Shift

Stick_Shift New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Lake Whitney
    Yeah, that and I'm working this evening. Thanks for the offer, though. It's appreciated. I'm patient, the shop is investigating other distributors, so all is not lost.

9. EZ-E

EZ-E III%er

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    I'm a lefty too. In a right hand world, you gotta adapt & over come.

10. EZ-E

EZ-E III%er

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    On a side note being left handed. I think a right hand bolt gun is better for a left handed shooter, especially if the weapon is on a bipod or rest. Your left hand (trigger hand) never has to leave the reciever, and leaves the right hand free to throw the bolt. Just my .02